Am I Being Unreasonable?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by babybell, Sep 17, 2017.

1. littlelegs

littlelegs Members

My boyfriend and I had been together 2 years 10 months, when he split up with me. During this time apart he was with someone else sexually and emotionally, he texted me after 2 weeks saying he'd made a huge mistake I told him we could get over it if we tried now, a further 2 weeks later we finally got back together and have been for the past 4 weeks but I don't know if I can come with it.
    The girl he slept with and was with when we weren't together is still in the picture for the first 3 weeks he was staying over at her place and wouldn't text me or anything when he was there, now he says they're just texting each other and he has no plans to go around there, I've told him I can't be in his life if he can't let go of her. She seems to control him and I honestly believe if she didn't have so much baggage they'd be together, it annoys me as well that every time he says he's not gonna bother with her she has another crisis that means he has to go running, she had a pregnancy scare that would have been his.
    I'm just so fed up and he thinks I'm being unreasonable, do other people think that as well? Any ideas on what I should do? I love him to bits or I would just walk away, the whole situation is killing me inside.

2. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

not unreasonable

just really gullible

dump buddy and don't look back

1 person likes this.
  3. morrow

morrow Visitor

Been there done that.. it won't change I can guarantee you.
    Time to move on, you will get over it, dump him.

2 people like this.
  4. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Everyone who posted gave you the most sound advice. He has feelings for that other girl if he's constantly running over there for every crisis. I'm sure he wouldn't like it if the "shoe were on the other foot", and you did this to him with another man. You may feel gitty about him right now, but after you move on with your life away from this clown, you will wonder why the hell you stayed with him as long as you did.

2 people like this.
  5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I think he's just trying to manipulate you by calling you unreasonable

Trying to carry on with two girls at one time and expecting you to be okay with it is actually the unreasonable thing

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

^
    Lol

HF detective at work :cheers2:

8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Didnt take much

I smelt a pattern

9. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Everybody's got to have a hobby

1 person likes this.
  10. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Is it unreasonable that vg has either way to much time on his hands or has way too good of a memory
    .....or is just suspicious of people with too many posts to be a noobt but not enough to be taken seriously yet.

11. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Well I was gonna say:"Mistakes / Errors of judgements can happen - & - nobody is free from them - however, there is also a degree of penance that should follow - it's called responsibility for their own actions.
    Trust is something that is earned and not expected. - What is a matter of consideration is how this can be achieved.
    Seems to me that rather than jumping back in to a damaged relationship without such there will always be doubt.
    A break of interaction would seem to identify conviction, and re-evaluation either strengthen resolve of confirm that a lack of longevity would be inevitable.
    It's hard when the Head and the Heart are not of the same accord - but sometimes taking a third person perspective allows a focus of decision
    - Whatever you decide ... may your conscience be clear - and fortune smile"
    But it seems - A leopard spots do not change - "Fool me once ....." etc.