Pill Question For Women

Discussion in 'Birth Control' started by Jude96, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Jude96

Jude96 Members

If you were to miss a pill one day during that cycle are you then unprotected the whole month? Or can you double up on a day and be alright? Sorry if that's too personal (or too stupid) of a question...

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Well, sex education at school told me that the pill only works when you take it on a consistent basis, same time every day etc.

I have taken the pill before to stop menstruation cycles and have absolutely no experience with men or anything so I can't tell ya if you'll get up the duff but, in my experiences of missing the pill for one day generally results in a period within 5 days. So you might have that to look forward to. :unsure:

3. Jude96

Jude96 Members

I'm a guy... just wondering... I've been told multiple things with regard to this so I'm seeing what others might have to say...

4. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Depends on the type of pill it is, as far as doseage of estrogen and progesterone (etc) go.
    Plus some women's systems are more reactive to changes.

Most one can simply take it as soon as it's remembered.
    But consistency is far better.

No harm in using a condom if you aren't sure.

2 people like this.
  5. morrow

morrow Visitor

Not so sure after 12 hrs taking two doses of estrogen is a good idea, best thing is not to miss it... Back in the day, your pill was in your handbags, not your bathroom, girls take their bags everywhere..

1 person likes this.
  6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

And here I was thinking the user was named Judy.

I have NO faith in anyone anymore.

7. Jude96

Jude96 Members

I wasn't trying to be deceitful or anything... honest question and I figured other men wouldn't have the answer... hope I didn't offend you

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

From everything i've ever read or have been told by my doctor if you miss one pill and take it as soon as you realize or double up on the next dose you should be fine but if you miss more than one pill you should use a back up method the rest of the month

1 person likes this.
  9. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Depends where in her cycle. Some of the pills are basically placebos meant to keep up the routine and keep the woman on schedule.

*awkward pause*

What's going on, Jude?

10. Jude96

Jude96 Members

Just a conversation I had with somebody... she was pretty nonchalant about missing one and taking it the next day... I got mixed opinions about it... just figured it'd be a good thing to know

1 person likes this.
  11. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

If you miss a day, you can take two the next day. Beyond that (like you miss three + days, etc), I think it would get risky.

1 person likes this.
  12. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

LOL Okay. I was just hoping you weren't in a situation you weren't prepared for.

13. Jude96

Jude96 Members

Ha ha... no, just don't want to end up in one lol being proactive (kind of)

1 person likes this.
  14. srgreene

srgreene Members

Back when I was on the pill- for too long in life, I think, my gynecologist told me missing a day probably would not cause me to get pregnant, even if I was having sex. Just take it the next day, but DO NOT DOUBLE UP. Missing Two days would would be risky, though (was before the morning after pill).

Last year I helped my 15 yo granddaughter get an IUD, and she is both sexually active and quite happy with it. The only problem she has is her periods are heavy, which weirds some guys out. Kids these days!

15. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

Take it upon yourself to see she takes her pill. I just can't understand how anyone can forget. Shoot, put them by the coffee pot in the morning or on the alarm clock. Set a reminder on your phone - shit, she is probably glued to that 24 hours a day. I'm sure there's a pill ap someplace...