Does Everything Have A Logical Explanation?

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by Deidre, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

I guess it makes me wonder then, how about all the millions of people who are spiritual or religious? Could they all be lost in their own illogical reality, or could it be that for many, spirituality IS logical? I hear your points, but our life isn't just made up of facts and science, it's largely personal experience and for many, that includes spiritual things. Just something else to think about.

2. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

This is true but how about things that have happened to you personally. Has everything that has ever happened to you, always been logical to explain? Or are there some thing that you have seen, felt or experienced that just don't make sense, but you know what you felt.

I think love would be one of those things, for me anyways. Love isn't logical, it seems like it's so hard to explain, but I know what it feels like when it's happening, if that makes sense.

3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]?

2 people like this.
  4. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

I have personally experienced a TON of events in my life that fall well outside the norm, but then again I accept paradox and understand the limitations of my sensory apparatus, so it makes it all easier to understand/grasp because I don't waste energy on the WTF???!!! parts of events.

and what type of love are you talking about as there are many variations/expressions of it, most of which we silly humans totally misconstrue and misinterpret.
    IMHO Love at it's absolute core doesn't acknowledge anything beyond a beings existence and by virtue of existing said being is worthy of love, both giving and receiving.
    no need for labels or pigeon holes when it comes to actual love.

5. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

To be honest - the situation I find myself in ... being my mother's 24/7 caretaker has me living as close to reality as I can bear. More reality than this, and I would probably go insane. :)

There has been the time I have pondered the "why" of almost everything, especially WHY things have happened as they have. (which I'm quite certain I will NEVER fully understand...not even on the other side...I'll just know the answer/s and accept it)

Now, I just hope (and yes, pray) to make it through each day and at the end of it still have my sanity.

Through meditation, I have learned "answers" that I wouldn't have thought of on my own; but, when it came down to the rubber hitting the road...those answers never made any difference in the grand scheme of things. They (the answers) didn't even make me feel better about things nor provide a building block per se for the future. I just had more stuff (junk) for my brain file.

1 person likes this.
  6. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Interesting...I'll have to think about this lol

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

sure, there's things i can't explain. but that doesn't mean they're unexplainable. everything has an explanation; there's just lots of things that we still haven't learned the explanation for.

that's happened to me about 20 times. so far, none of them have agreed to it...

8. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I definitely think there is no logic to love.

It just is.

If it were logical, I would have chosen who I would love and marry...and not let my heart guide me.

Some women (and men) don't let their heart guide them, and I guess they let logic (and pedigree or greed or whatever) guide them. Those type of people may also never feel love...

It isn't logical to love my animals like I do. It is especially illogical to have mourned my passed animals like I have...but I did and for the life of me I couldn't help it.

There is no logic to love or mourning. Of everything I don't know - I know that.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Logical explanations are for boring people who take life too seriously.

I'm an irrational Thinker who'd rather hear some imaginative fictitious load of bullshit over anything half logical.

Why so serious?

10. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Logic has limitations.
    Logic can be used to transcend logic.

In regards to the experience I mentioned..it wasn't a feeling as such, it was knowledge of what was to be.

11. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

It wasn't a matter of choice.

12. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

That's what I mean though, has anything ever happened to you that no one would be to able explain logically? Like there is simply no logical explanation at all?

Lol!

13. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Love love. You know, the kind you would have for a parent, spouse, gf/bf, pet etc...different kinds of love but love itself...how to explain it with logic?

What do you mean by "paradox?"

14. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

when love is ugly please run away quick

15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

There are limits to human knowledge and understanding

I think everything has a logical explanation but there are things humans will never understand or at least won't understand until we build more on our current knowledge

1 person likes this.
  16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Easy enough.

We know humanity's main mode of survival is our ability to work together within social groups

And we know that feelings of love are the result of a chemical reaction within our brain

Therefore at some point in human evolution our brains evolved to release those feel good chemicals in response to people to whom we need close ties in order to ensure our survival as a species

17. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Chemical connections. Parental love: Instinct to procreate and keep the species/tribe/family going. I think it would go that route if we want to explain love logically

1 person likes this.
  18. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

A wild bird can love you , human . This may happen when it's not otherwise too busy to bother .
    Crow may speak .

19. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

it's kind of impossible to know. sure, things have happened that nobody was able to explain logically, but that doesn't necessarily mean that there is no logical explanation.

i don't think it's really possible to ever know that there is no logical explanation at all for something. it's the kind of thing where you can prove a logical explanation, but you really can't prove the lack of one.

1 person likes this.
  20. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I think it's both. Maybe I can't explain something. But that doesn't mean it doesn't have a logical explanation.

Seems to be a human trait to dismiss anything we can't explain as fantastic or supernatural. I disagree. I think there is always a logical explanation, but it might elude our fragile human minds.

1 person likes this.