Want To Start Barefooting, In Middle School.

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by ABarefootBeginner, Sep 16, 2017.

1. barefoot101corrin

barefoot101corrin Member

id say it might just be a gym requirnment. im sure there is a loophole, but science and gym do have specific gym requirements sometimes. so maybe try packing sneakers with socks for gym and then stop using them for the rest of the day.

2. barefoot101corrin

barefoot101corrin Member

gym teacher wont complain about what she doesnt see

3. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Forget school , and read like an Einstein . It's normal reading .

4. Oh, well yeah, of course for science. I understand that. Science is my favorite class, so I know that it's not a good idea to be barefoot in it. Gym, yeah, she does have a rule for that, and I also understand that, but still. Anywhere else wouldn't be harmful to me or anyone else, especially at recess. Maybe bathrooms... That could be harmful for someone else.

My peers are really sensitive.

-Damian

5. goodearth

goodearth Member

I would bet that you are a lot more careful in keeping your feet out of unsanitary places than your friends are about keeping their shoes out of those places. Also, they are a lot more apt to have athletes foot from sweating in their shoes. Theirs are the feet that will contaminate a gym shower.

6. lilajo

lilajo Members

Um, I wouldn't recommend taking this advice. I'm sure they have some generic rule about taking direction from a teacher or staff member.

Look, I know its nice going barefoot, but I assume you've heard the phrase "pick your battles." So you need to decide whether this is the hill you want to die on, or if maybe its fine to put shoes on around this teacher who's giving you crap. I got barefoot a lot, but I'm not a zealot, there's times when its appropriate for a school to ask students to wear shoes for certain activities.

I was lucky enough to go to a school that was OK with us going barefoot most of the time. A small school in a poor, rural area in a hot climate, with no air conditioning. Some of my classmates' families legit could not afford to buy them school shoes. Also, when its 100 degrees outside and your stuck in a building with no AC, most of the teachers were OK with us not wearing shoes just to be comfortable enough to sit still and pay attention. But sometimes for certain activities we had to wear shoes, or at least sandals. Its usually not worth getting into a fight over, IMHO.

7. Well, unfortunately, the STUDENT handbook isn't actually credible for anything. You need to look inthe "Student-PARENT Handbook" if you want any correct information. So much for "each pupil’s mode of dress and grooming is a manifestation of the pupil’s personal style and individual preferences." The school policy states that "Shoes/sneakers are required to be worn at all times. Discretion should be used regarding the 'appropriateness and or safety of certain types of shoes'". Typical society bullcrap. But I guess I was wrong. But I wouldn't say that this is over. I will try many different ways to be barefoot as much as I can. And if they say something about it, then I'll let them know. Thank you for all these response, I appreciate your help.

-Damian

8. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

Where did you go to school? I'm curious. Must have been nice to go barefoot to school and the teachers didn't care.

9. lilajo

lilajo Members

Small town in southern USA. Generally hated everything about it. Its one and only saving grace was that it was fairly barefoot-friendly (likely due in part to pervasive poverty. Several of my friends growing up came from families that legit did not have extra money to spend on shoes.)

10. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Its difficult dealing with the "shoe people" they don't realize we developed the ability to function without shoes. Or that's its even possible. Like over a billion people on earth go their entire lives traversing their environment barefoot do it but lets not talk about that.

"Shoe people" They think there feet are defective and fragile....

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Thats heavy stuff but that what I thought to post "you must wear your shoes for your own good"

Just give us a break

11. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

Yea, it must blow peoples minds that you can actually walk barefoot past your own front door and that your feet will still function like they do with shoes on.

Shoddies...........(sigh)

12. Joe45432

Joe45432 Members

I Love going barefoot and in college me and my friends do it all the time, In secondary school it was against the rules so I still did it but tried not to get caught.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018