Photo
- - - - -

Want To Start Barefooting, In Middle School.

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#11 tikoo

tikoo

• PipPipPip
  • 3,630 posts

Posted September 17 2017 - 05:09 PM

The rules for soft feet do not apply to the warrior of peace  .

#12 goodearth

goodearth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted September 17 2017 - 05:49 PM

Well, if you can't barefoot at school, just enjoy it in your free time. It is better outside anyway.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#13 I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear

voice of sexy

• PipPipPip
  • 40,017 posts

Posted September 17 2017 - 07:37 PM

A long time ago, someone on this forum actually took a pair of low cut Converse Chuck Taylor sneakers and cut out the soles so that you can actually be barefoot and yet your feet stay covered at the same time.

that's really not barefoot though.  it's like putting on a dress and saying you're naked because there's no bottom.

to me, the point of barefooting isn't sneaking past somebody to get your soles to touch the ground.  it's about not having to bother with putting anything on your feet when it's more comfortable to not put anything on your feet.

#14 ABarefootBeginner

ABarefootBeginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted September 18 2017 - 11:41 AM

Well, the sock method wasn't a good idea at all. As soon as I started walking, the holes caused a rip, and I had to throw them away. And after I took them off and walked to the garbage, the gym teacher had her usual daily fit. Hopefully tommorow is a better day, the weather was pretty bad.

#15 ABarefootBeginner

ABarefootBeginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted September 18 2017 - 11:47 AM

again, you just have to be very creative. Find ways to nonchalantly go barefoot, and try not to call too much attention to yourself, and try to avoid letting the oppressors notice you. But I should clarify that I wore actual close-toed sandals, not flip flops. I just kept them loose enough I could easily slip them on or off. I never looked good in flip flops, and the noise they make is soooooo irritating to me.
Btw, I now wonder about that sock method, can you show or tell me exactly how you did that? It might be a way for me to extend my time barefoot each year, since bare feet don't go with all my outfits. If I can do your soleless sock thing, I might be able to go barefoot longer. But it wasn't exactly clear how you do it in your post. What was meant by cutting out the toes and the middle?

No, they are not flip flops. I just cut out the bottom, like soleless shoes. I just left a little piece on top and on the bottom, so nobody would really notice. Also, so they wouldn't fall of.

#16 ABarefootBeginner

ABarefootBeginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted September 18 2017 - 11:49 AM

again, you just have to be very creative. Find ways to nonchalantly go barefoot, and try not to call too much attention to yourself, and try to avoid letting the oppressors notice you. But I should clarify that I wore actual close-toed sandals, not flip flops. I just kept them loose enough I could easily slip them on or off. I never looked good in flip flops, and the noise they make is soooooo irritating to me.
Btw, I now wonder about that sock method, can you show or tell me exactly how you did that? It might be a way for me to extend my time barefoot each year, since bare feet don't go with all my outfits. If I can do your soleless sock thing, I might be able to go barefoot longer. But it wasn't exactly clear how you do it in your post. What was meant by cutting out the toes and the middle?

No, they are not flip flops. I just cut out the bottom, like soleless shoes. I just left a little piece on top and on the bottom, so nobody would really notice. Also, so they wouldn't fall of.

#17 Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted September 18 2017 - 02:04 PM

that's really not barefoot though.  it's like putting on a dress and saying you're naked because there's no bottom.

to me, the point of barefooting isn't sneaking past somebody to get your soles to touch the ground.  it's about not having to bother with putting anything on your feet when it's more comfortable to not put anything on your feet.

Yes, I know that is not really barefoot, nor would I do that. I was just offering an idea on how to keep your soles bare yet fool school administrators, if that could be done.... :unsure:

Keep on rocking until otherwise notified.

#18 penguinsfan13

penguinsfan13

• PipPipPip
  • 12,717 posts

Posted September 18 2017 - 02:30 PM

I am all for the barefoot lifestyle and am a libertarian. But I would never think of going barefoot on a school property.

Someone mentioned you could get aids...ok that is a stretch but I know kids I went to school with and there was no short display of disgusting behavior and broken glass.
I would save it for a walk in the woods or if you are in a nicer area than me...the walk home.

doo be doo be doo, beware of the penguins.

#19 ABarefootBeginner

ABarefootBeginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted September 20 2017 - 02:21 PM

May I point out a law in New Jersey, in which I reside. I'm not sure if I can use this to help me with my case, (I am not doing this to be religious...) but maybe I can.

"New Jersey Laws protect a person’s right to go barefoot due to a religious creed or disability. State anti-discrimination laws and the NJ Division on Civil Rights protect your right to go barefoot in public places such as restaurants, grocery stores, theaters, government buildings, gymnasiums, museums, libraries, trains or busses. No one, including business owners or employees can tell a barefooter to leave, or to put on shoes. (Law Against Discrimination NJSA 10:5-12). Risks to the barefooter or annoyance to staff and customers are NOT reasons to discriminate.

If you are barefooting and someone complains to you, politely explain that the law protects the rights of the barefooter. To learn more about this law or to file a discrimination complaint, contact the NJ Division on Civil Rights by visiting http://www.NJCivilRights.gov

You never know.

-Damian

#20 goodearth

goodearth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted September 20 2017 - 02:23 PM

If you want the feel of barefoot, Minnetonka moccasins are as close as it gets. Take out the insoles if you want to feel everything. I would suggest a half size smaller than normal cause they will stretch a lIttle.

https://www.amazon.c...ASIN=B000EX8AVE

Edited by goodearth, September 20 2017 - 02:31 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]