Radio?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Deleted member 157313, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Am I just dreaming or did I used to be able to listen to the radio on this site?
    If not, just ignore my obvious confusion over the issue
    If yes, what the fuck happened to it?

Then again there is the distinct possibility that I'm just not seeing it

Help!

Anyone?

2. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

It's gone

3. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

1 person likes this.
  4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

if that used to be an option, i don't think it was well advertised?

5. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

it was on the older software

1 person likes this.
  6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i used to have a radio kicking around somewhere.
    i don't remember if i still do or where i put it if i do.

several of the non-commercial stations
    like kvmr have listen live links on their web sites.

any more what i listen to is stuff i like that people who made it,
    gave away for free on some of the art archives where i post my own images.

i'm sure there's commercial stuff i'd like if i ever listened to it,
    but any more, i'm just to much more focused on creating,
    if only in my own head, the kind of world i'd like to see,
    that i just never get around to, you know, taking any kind of an interest,
    in being passively entertained.

i totally don't mean to diminish anyone who makes a living entertaining others,
    its just not something that even occurs to me most of the time.

7. farmout

farmout All who wander arent lost Lifetime Supporter

I prefer radio over the boobtube any day. Wish it was still available here. But there are thousands of stations you can tune in on the internet. I still prefer listening over the air waves however, just the Ham Radio Operator in me. :-D

1 person likes this.
  8. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

That was like eons ago.

9. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

10. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

try this
    http://radio.garden/live/

a globe pops up and you can interact with it and find stations in most every country/city in the world.....some are live feeds and some are the online sites of the stations....its fun to find what they are talking about in south America etc

1 person likes this.
  11. How cool is that? Thanks! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

bookmarked that one. the three i tried so far sound like commercial ones and i prefer non-commercial listener supported sort. but i only hit three kind of randomly. i did its own landing on someplace netherlands, then i tried a couple in great britain. on on some odd little island off the south west coast i didn't even know was there. the one inbetween seems to have been in canterberry.

i'll try that some more after a bit.

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

So just turn me and I'll set you free. Look inside your speakers and there'll you'll find me. :)

Uhmm? Well there I go, two clicks outta the Bronx and who thought she'd find love in me, an old stereo a pair of headers and a box, but she gets me and she gets me up every morning on the way to school and she's not worried about them little kids because she told me, they talk about it every day and I always have the illest kicks.

Boom, Boom.. and she takes me out just so the block can see and she told me, she wants the world to know and so she makes me LOUD and now that whole block wants me. :) But I'm all hers and she's all mine and even though her daddy don't want me inside whenever he comes around we just hide 'cause she don't want to sleep with out me.. Whoop whoop that's what I said..

So just turn me on and you can set me free, just look inside your speakers and there'll you find me. :)

Yeah, and she loves my sound it's why I'm always around and she's one of the most popular girls in the class 'cause whenever we're together we attract the crowd. Yeah and she got me down, touches the right place when I'm fizzling out and all of her friends love me beause at all of the parties I make em bounce b-b-b-bounce.
    Uh, if I play the right song She might take it off ;) Meaning her clothes.. You know I love it when she keeps the lights on and plays the music soft, yeah so that's what I do, anything for my boo but when I hear the knock on the door I Shhh-shut up 'cause I know my cue but when they gone I'm back at it and she loves this song so I blast it!
    Her dad gets home I hide in the cabinet, flip my switch like gymnastics, uh and I'm a always be there for you you just gotta find my plug and I'll be right here waiting for you in the middle of these speakers so if you ever wanna find my love just go..

And turn me on, you can set me free. Just look inside the speakers and there you'll find me. :)

Ugh, but she gets older and I stay the same.. and as she grows up and her opinions change.. And so now she's off to college with the others that are just like me and I stay home for her and hope she'll listen to another song from me. :) But until then well I'll just sit in her and collect dust, thinking about us, uh yeah waiting for the day she'll push my buttons and I'll feel her touch and get that rush. But I'm not what she needs so I power d0o0own. Then one day.. her little sister walks in and I knew it was love at first site. I saw that little twinkle in her eye when I played that sound she snuck back in the same night and even though she knows she's not really allowed I know all she wants is to be near me. :)
    One thing I felt, well I felt the same and I just want to tell her, but she can't hear me and so I made this sound..

Don't turn me off! You can set me free! Just look inside your speakers and there'll you'll find me. :)

14. broony

broony Banned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAJV2va9V9A

15. I have been listening to the noticias coming out of Catalonia

16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

tried a few more in gb. at least one sounded noncommercial. so far it always lands on that one in that it did first time i clicked on it. so far haven't tried other parts of the world i intend to.