What I'd Really Like

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by neonspectraltoast, Sep 14, 2017.

1. I'd really like for someone to discuss Star Wars with me. I have some really great ideas and would like to hear yours. We are left with these wonderful fantasies and are not being given what we the Kids of the 80s deserve. Anything goes!

2. Michael Phelps

Michael Phelps Am I being detained?

Jar Jar Binks is the Yoko Ono of the Star Wars franchise. Nothing in any of the prequels or sequels can be taken seriously with characters like that.
    And that stupid frog king blubbering his mouth.

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

What are the chances of a tractor beam and the detention center, in the same area? .. oh the force. my bad..

1 person likes this.
  4. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Oh so now you can form sentences???

5. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

Star Wars sucks.

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

The prequel trilogy still makes me feel like I got molested in the early 2000s

In that i think of the prequel trilogy and I want to immediately take a shower to get clean again, but they dont make water hot enough

7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Its not going to happen, but I would have loved Leia to be the villian in this trilogy, the Disney Evil Queen type thing, Rey being Snow white type.

I have a feeling Kylo Ren will end up being one of the good guys.

Whats different about this trilogy is they actually have some actors with some acting chops. Havent actually seen Mark Hamill actually be able to act in anything else besides Empire/ROTJ

Return of the Jedi is still the greatest film ever made IMO

1 person likes this.
  8. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I wish they'd stop making these movies.
    My second wish is that GRRMartin would stop writing, so that the show could finally die.
    Third wish - Stephen King and his books...and all movies and shows based on his books to disappear.

9. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I like these characters, they are fun and kids enjoyed them. Star Wars was made for kids, it's not supposed to be taken serious.

10. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Even Luke had a wank now and then ;~>

11. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Over his sister...Oh dear. Wrong thread.

12. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Meh... Although indeed annoying Jar Jar doesn't ruin the whole 90s trilogy for me.

I don't think it was just made for kids. Lego Star wars is made for kids. The Star wars movies are made for all kinds of people and it can be fun to take some of the universes aspects serious (in a convo :p), and i would say that would be more fun/interesting with adults than kids

13. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yeah, I agree it's for everyone. It seemed moreso for kids especially when the original movies were released, all the action figures, toys, models, puzzles, comic books, etc. that followed. I liked Jar Jar Binks, but I agree he was annoying at times. I think the characters were a representation of society, and you got to admit there are Jar-Jar Binks types all around us.

14. In my head Jar Jar had a cameo, but it would have just been that scene where he's walking in the murky darkness.

God knows why.
    ?
    ?
    I believe Rogue One was my favorite Star Wars movie. Favorite movie altogether. I couldn't even tell what Leia was, but it was miraculous. My second favorite in the series is Return of the Jedi as well. I think people are jealous of that film.
    ?
    ?There are two Death Stars, but that's just how silly the Empire is. They do not believe at all in the power of the Force
    A fluke they called it.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next film has Kylo Ren making love, sweet love, to a beautiful woman in it.

Star Wars is beyond children and adults. It is a spiritual energy that flows through the universe, powerful and strong, beyond human repair, children. Yeah, that's highly serious. Or are you.

What do you know about Luke. That was the suggestion, but that is not what happened. But I was going to the station to pick up some power converters. I was cured all right.

15. Oh Vanilla Gorilla...I believed that you were actually a Vanilla Gorilla smoking cigarettes and hanging out with Anakin on...

tattooooine

spinning
    turning
    turning forever turning bloody hell

16. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

The force is strong with this one.

17. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Hmmm....no taste in writing you have. Weak you are in The Force. Spoken, Yoda has.

18. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i like the eye candy, but it isn't really fiction about science.
    neither is trek of course, but it does get a little anthro and soc psych.

real fiction about science, engineering, technology exists in written form of course,
    just seldom makes it into visual mass market media, because: humans.

what i'd really like? solar powered narrow gauge railways, with frequent stopping places in otherwise semi-wilderness,
    so i wouldn't have to own a car to live there. i did dream once about apartments inside the trunk of a tree.

19. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

you havent watched corvette summer ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W9pmT6JTO4