Computer Thinking

Discussion in 'True Confessions' started by Joshua Tree, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

Over a decade ago I worked in IT support for a while, after studying computing. Though I haven't worked in IT for a long time, I kept it up as a hobby, and now as a part-time business. I sometimes find myself thinking in computer terms. For example, thinking of exchanging greetings on the phone in terms of sending an ACK signal in a digital handshake. Years ago, when I was intensively researching setting up an Active Directory for the company, I saw a colleague in the corridor and thought: "Shall I resolve his name by DNS or NetBIOS?" And then sometimes I think of whom I want to tell what in terms of "hosts.allow" and "hosts.deny", which are access lists for UNIX/Linux systems.

I wonder if I'm the only person on Earth who experiences this computer thinking, which could probably be called autistic I suppose. Or maybe other nerds do as well. Maybe you have to be an Uber Nerd to think this way.

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

You mean like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuUqpZgHiEE

3. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Okay, I don't know about all that, but I wish life had a command + z function.

1 person likes this.
  4. ACK

I do it as well

turning
    turning
    turning