The Problem With Dogs.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Meagain, Sep 13, 2017.

1. deleted

deleted Visitor

2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

BULLSHIT......

Cheers Glen.

3. egger

egger Member

A scene from the movie Airplane! depicting the obliviousness of dog owners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4tU3ZRFoUI

2 people like this.
  4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Ain't no point tellin' nobody what they can and can't smell.

5. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

tl;dr

1 person likes this.
  6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

8. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Yes three whole cats, one partial.

9. MeAgain

Both a dog owner's home and a cat owner's home could smell from the pet.
    In fact some homes smell from the owners.

But a wet cat doesn't smell as bad as a wet dog.

10. MeAgain

LOL, Exactly!

11. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yeah, I've been to houses where people let thier dogs act just like that. Jump all on you humping your leg and shit, and they laugh about it!

12. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Let's see what this guy has to say about it

https://youtu.be/5qEFFR8gX6k

13. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

So true :-D

But to be fair: a house with indoor cats doesn't have to stink. I know for a fact.
    I don't really have a problem with cats because as been pointed out in this thread cat problems usually pertain to the owner and not the neighbours (like can happen more often with dogs). And i don't own any cats. I can even be massively entertained by other peoples cats (partially of course because they stay there when i leave ;))

Dogs with mindless and/or inconsequent owners will always be a bigger neighbourhood problem

14. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Dogs are like kids: A reflection of the people raising them.

If they're raised by lazy people who let them get away with anything, they're going to misbehave. If they are disciplined and actually taught how to be polite, then they will be behaved.

I've noticed that people with obnoxious kids also have misbehaved dogs. Don't think it's a coincidence.

But the only REAL problem with dogs is that they don't live long enough. I've put down two of my best friends over the past few years and it was devastating. Perhaps that's why relationships with our four-legged friends are so important: We have such a short amount of time with them, we appreciate them and not take them for granted. We learn that the amount of living we do with our dogs is going to be more special than the number of years lived. In that regard, we have as much we can learn from dogs as they can learn from us.

1 person likes this.
  15. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

LOL. What amazes me is some people think that their shit don't stink even miles away......

MeAgain....i know all about wet dogs....smelling up a car quicker than anything.
    As much as we send the golden for grooming or how many baths I give the pugs......a wet dog STINKS! A cat never does.

I have both cats and dogs here.....as you already know.
    I did not get any animals to love me....i cannot stand anything too attached to my hip.....including any animal.
    My first pug, Champy, I got for my brother to enjoy, as he wanted one, and could not have one in the city that would be fair to the dog.....and then 2nd pug as a female to keep Champy company...that pug died at age 6, so then months later, Moxy came here to live....and she got pregnant before her baby hood was over even.....and no one could decide which puppy to keep, and Stan, me and my brother all said something different almost....so three wound up here. i would not do that all over again, though.
    Sully, the golden, is attached to Stan's hip.....

I may go with one more dog after all of these die.....and I hope they all live long lives....and i will get a shepherd probably to protect me and this property and keep the coyotes away.....We have a lot of land here. Stan does not want any more dogs after Sully dies.

I do love the pug breed but they are too much work, and i think I have had it after this.

if I could only have one animal....it would be a cat....I have always been a cat person....although, I do love all animals. I don't care what anyone has, as long as they take care of what they have and treat what they have gently and with kindness.......

A big dog can kill people. A cat cannot.

Big dog owners really do have to be so responsible for every move that dogs makes.

if people come here to visit me, that I have invited, I put the pugs in their pen or upstairs, as my pugs will jump all over anyone new.....Sully does not....He just lays in the corner near Stan, and never did go near anyone else really.

3 people like this.
  16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

in one word: hyper. (and they drool)

depends on your own personality i guess.
    i like cats because they act friendly when THEY feel like it,
    and not like they depend on you for affection.

mice too. and whatever other odd things might.

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Our dog is shy of water so we don't have that problem. :d the only times he's wet is when we wash him and then he smells like lavender or whatever shampoo we use. It's purple.

I'm extremely self conscious with odors so I ask everybody that comes to my house whether it smells like dog or not and they always say no whether out of politeness I'm not sure but it's a big deal to me because like I said some people's houses just reek of their animals. Our boy only comes inside to sleep.

How could you not love this though. :) that's just a proud dog proud to have us as owners in this photo. This guy here..

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm paranoid about smells too, I have hardwood floors and she isnt allowed on the furniture so the only thing her smell can really stick to is the area rug and smaller rugs she likes to lay on. I have a little brush broom I use to comb the rugs and get the hair out every day then I spray them down with this vinegar/essential oil mix I made.

19. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

^
    Almost as cool as mine :cheers2:

edit: @ irmi

1 person likes this.
  20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

We have wood floors too but I think it's fake laminate covering. Anyway he clip clop clip clops around. Our TV room and bedroom are carpet. Not nice either, wasn't nice when we moved in we hated it but with the dog and rabbits we had inside then we just kept it. Rabbits though are now outside. Hate the smell of their pee. Eww