Barefoot Season Is Coming To A Close

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by barefootconservative, Sep 10, 2017.

1. barefootconservative

barefootconservative Barefoot for God

Sadly, barefoot season is coming to a close here in North Idaho. Temperatures are going to consistently be well below 70º. Fall and winter are upon us. I have roughly one week left for barefoot. It's time to put the bare feet away, and break out my next best thing: my nicely shined dress shoes. I always say that for me, it's dress shoes or no shoes. But there is a bright side to barefoot season ending. Because I only have a maximum of four more every year that the weather is barefoot friendly, I tend to not take barefoot for granted, because my time for it is limited.

Now I may do occasional barefoot in the coming months, but it will be much less. Until next May or June, my bare soles.

2. fatelvis

fatelvis Member

Ugh. Rough. My prime time for bare feet is just underway. No more blistering hot asphalt.

3. barefootconservative

it's not all bad. I like my dress shoes. They look really nice, and I keep them polished. But I will miss the free feet feeling. It's only a summer thing here, though.

4. goodearth

goodearth Member

Don't you go barefoot in the house? Also, I like an occasional winter hike. I can take it ok down to 39 degrees. Below that, it gets painful.

5. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

In Houston, TX we can enjoy barefooting year round. Not every day - sometimes its far too hot and in the winter it does get cold but we are bounf to have 60 F days (and even 70's) in December January and February.

6. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Same in SoCal.

It's like, whatever. I never wear shoes except to work and whenever I have to go out into the world.

7. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i had to wear shoes last week..

i go barefoot indoors ..sandals outdoors from roughly late may to september

i wont wear socks until october ....then im stuck again until late may comes back around

8. barefootconservative

not in winter. I have leather slippers for inside in winter. But I wear no footwear to bed.

9. barefootconservative

winter here can get well below freezing.

10. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

There are days, when I envy the Australians.

That being said, we are at about 10 Cel (=50 Fah) here, and I'm still barefoot indoors, and wear those Crocs-like foam shoes with no socks when I'm outdoors, if only because it's so muddy now and I don't wish to drag all that dirt inside my house. Washing it off every time is a PITA. But I can manage anything as low as 5C (=41 Fah) with ease these days, and even after that, I still do few minute snow walks until at about -10 C (=14 Fah), when it finally gets too painful to sustain even for a minute. So I have a partial barefoot season going year round.

As a rule of thumb, while uncomfortable to most, your feet are not in any serious danger as long as water isn't freezing. But once there's ice, consider boots seriously.

2 people like this.
  11. barefootconservative

Today is the last day I will be able to go barefoot until spring. By tomorrow, it will be too damn cold for bare feet. Today is pushing it quite a bit for me, and the high is supposed to be 74.

12. barefootconservative

Today is the last day I will be able to go barefoot until spring. By tomorrow, it will be too damn cold for bare feet. Today is pushing it quite a bit for me, and the high is supposed to be 74.

13. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

74 is perfect barefoot weather

1 person likes this.
  14. barefootconservative

Not in fall.

15. SoftSoles

SoftSoles Member

The daytime temperature in the UK is in the low 60's at present and I still consider it comfortable enough to wander around barefoot, both indoors and in public. That said, bar running along the beach and sea front in one's bare feet on milder days throughout autumn/fall, for the next six months, I'll only be barefoot in and immediately outside the house or when I attend yoga/Pilates classes.

16. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

You're right - it doesn't get much better than that.

1 person likes this.
  17. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah, it was in the 50s and 60s all last week here, and i never even considered putting on shoes.

well the acorns will get you no matter what the temperature is.

18. barefootconservative

not that, it's that 70º seems colder in fall, due to the change of season.

19. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

it seems colder in the fall than the spring because you're used to 90 rather than 20. but it's still pretty warm.

especially this year, since there was no summer in the first place.

20. barefootconservative

in North Idaho, it was one of our hottest recorded summers in history.

Tags: