Ok, This Is A Hero Right Here

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

2. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Reading that article tore my fucking heart out! How do people do it...make the ultimate sacrifice? That had to kill her husband deep down inside to go through that...

3. Eric!

Some more heroes that have my respect....

https://youtu.be/5X3OHDHVJcE

https://youtu.be/6I2X4Lahm0Q

4. Eric!

https://youtu.be/DPJ9TaIuzAA

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Sounds selfish to me. That child never asked to have been born, and now it has no mother straight away in its journey.

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

You for real?, or are you just saying that to stir the pot

7. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

The child has other family.

That woman made the ultimate sacrifice, a true selfless Mother.

8. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

9. Eric!

10. Eric!

This mother gave her life so that this child could be born. That's selfish??

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Her poor husband though, he has to take care of a newborn and 5 other kids while grieving their mother. Makes me curious what his thoughts were, if he was in agreement with her decision or if he tried to talk her out of it

12. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Heavy Story, quite a sacrifice.

The article said they are Pro Life, so I assume they were in agreement.

13. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I knew someone who had a similar situation, where she was diagnosed with cancer while pregnant with her 3rd child. She decided to wait to get treatment until she gave birth, and by that time, her sickness was untreatable (which she was aware would probably happen). This is a really interesting moral situation. Is it noble? Is the life of an unborn child more valuable that the life of a mother? Does the answer to that question change if the mother has other children already? Does an fetus's life have some intrinsic value? I don't know the answers to these questions, but it's interesting to think about...

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Well, I find having children in 2017 to be a selfish act in its own right and I'm quite vocal about that I just don't see any other reason for anybody to have children other than the simple fact that that they wanted one, which is selfish. And if they didn't want it, then it's selfish to have it. IMO.

So for someone to have a child whilst willingly knowing they're going to pass, then that's selfish to me because who knows how the child will be I don't think it's fair on the child if it grows up with a disability or health problems. Like I said, it didn't ask to be born under any circumstances so while it might be a tragic story I persobally find it selfish.

I'm in big favour of breeding permits right now. This earth cannot sustain the growth of humans at its rapid rate for as long as this continues we will face more and more problems as we cultivate our land for the incoming population yet to be born.

1 person likes this.
  15. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

In a way, these types of the questions are what has made the pro-choice vs pro-life debate so contentious.

16. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

That is close to what I thought when I first heard read this story. Aside from being baffled as to WHY someone would want SIX children, I thought WHY would she not consider that her other children would grow up without their mother. Did she not care?

I don't understand her reasoning at all. Something tells me what her husband thought or wanted might not have mattered to her...I mean having all those kids already didn't seem to matter as far as staying around to mother them, so why in the world would it matter what he thought.

Yes the article did say they were both pro-life...but after the fact, what is he supposed to say...no, I wanted her to think of me and all these kids we have but NOOOOOO??

As you said I wonder what his thoughts about this were. (his real, true thoughts)

I wonder if she told him he wasn't supposed to mourn maybe...get to being mama and daddy!

What a well thought out statement...

I, too, thought after I read that and pondered about it a while that she was absolutely selfish. Good grief...where was her responsibility for all those kids they had already created??? Now there is yet another baby and no mother...if he marries again is this apparently fertile man going to have yet MORE children?

:yikes:

17. Eric!

This earth is designed to take care of itself, theres nothing that us humans can do to save it, or destroy it for that matter. We all may perish, but the planet will still be here. Overpopulation is not the reason we have issues to the environment, it's careless, selfish people that harm it with pollution and destructive behavior. The breeding permits is ridiculous. People should have as many children they want. I still don't understand your definition of selfishness as it pertains to this mother who has sacrificed her life so that her child could live. If she terminated the birth to receive treatment, it would have only given her 12 or 15 more years to live.

18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

^yeah, I have a hard time understanding why she would choose to give up watching her other children grow up and would willingly impart the pain of losing a parent at such a young age on them.

There are a lot of variables to this story, I don't want to judge this woman and I think she made a hard choice, but I feel like calling her a hero is a stretch. Her kids, the ones who were already here and knew and loved and depended on her, have to grow up without her now. That sucks.

Edit to clarify, My arrow was pointing at lynn's post but Eric tried to come between us

1 person likes this.
  19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Err well when the next 3 billion people take up land on earth and 50% more of that land is cultivated which induces major flooding because that's what concrete jungles do we'll just tell them all that on the 11/09/2017 Eric said on HF that the earth was intended to look after itself and the thousands that die, that was just natural, those natural concrete spillways and natural asphalt roads, mother earth created them to look after herself.

This is the post of Eric.

As for not understanding why I think it's selfish I don't know how to elaborate more.

Do you have children? Because I can see why people with children would be ticked off with my response.

Its just so simple for me. If you can find one justification for having children, for why YOU personally specifically need children then I'll revisit my ideals, but I know you won't give me that justification because nobody ever needed a child, people have children because they can, because they want one, they want a family.

Want.

Want.

Want.

Selfish.

You want to know who I think the real hero is/are? Those couples without children. The people that won't have them. The people that realise just how cruel it can be to have them. Cruel as in the uncertain life ahead. That's on you as a parent. I believe it's irresponsible to have a child just because.

The fact that I need a job, an income and security to obtain a loan for a car but to create life is just fucken, yep go ahead and Tom, Dick & Harry can have a go at that.

No. I don't believe in that. You want children you show you can support them etc. You have a job an income, security. You prove you're fit as a parent. Not just because you want to be a parent. No way.

We put more emphasis on pet animals than the pedigree we breed in humans.

1 person likes this.
  20. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Probably not the best thread to go on about breeders though, woman died of brain cancer

And to the others that dont understand the choice, low succes rate with brain cancer, so the choice was really: start treatment, kill the baby, probably die anyway or not have treatment, die anyway, but baby lives