Rohingya, The Most Friendless People In The World

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Piaf, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Over 100 000 fled to Bangladesh in two weeks.
    Some sources say 200 000, but who knows.
    Either way, it's a crisis.

Having to flee to Bangladesh...imagine the desperation.

2. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I have to say, that "most friendless people in the world" was used by the UN to describe the Rohingya

3. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Bangladesh seems to be a friend . And you are , too .

The U.N. activists have their self-interests , one of which is to establish
    planetary law . This was a media opportunity : CRISIS .

1 person likes this.
  4. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

^true about the UN

I came to loathe the organization.

But if 100 000 people are fleeing a country, then yeah, I'd call it a crisis

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Its one where the prejudice is obvious though

And I mean by the rest of the world, its not just the UN

If it had been a special group of hindus or buddhists, well they wouldnt have been persecuted in the first place, but if they had other east asian countries would have jumped on it, or China would have sneakily overthrown the Burmese Government

If it was a pocket of christians, well you know what would have happened

Western media is acting like the rohingyas are only victims. They were trying to set up their own little muslim only state and they themselves have been brutal to neighbouring villages

From Wikipedia, breakdown of burmese people by religion Theravāda Buddhism 87.9%, Christianity 6.2%, Islam 4.3%

Its not all that surprising

Burmese people still refer to themselves as Bamar, Burma comes from the botched romanization. The name Myanmar comes from the never elected military rulers

The military coup which lasted almost 50 years started because of a few ethnic minorities wanting to split a country that had fuck all money

Some twits in the media are saying Aung San Suu Kyi should give back her nobel peace prize, its obvious from this the military is still in charge and she just made a deal to keep her mouth shut for a pretend democracy. Westerners shouldnt have been dumb enough to give her the peace prize in the first place

I may come off sounding anti-muslim, but the same kind of thing is happening on the Thai/Malaysian border, and in southern philippines, both seem to get far less attention because no one recieved a Nobel Peace Prize

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Anyway, I find it perplexing

ISIS try to set up their own little state in some useless desert part of Iraq, thousands of miles away from the US and UK, and the west is like, oh shit, we cant let that happen and bomb the crap out of them.

The burmese government burns down a few villages for the same kind of reason and everyone in the west is like oh, thats awful

And at the same time, most other east asian countries, all of which are xenophobic as fuck are like dude, you cant let that shit spread, we see nuth-ing!

7. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I do hope it somehow gets resolved, or they find safe place in Bangladesh.

Because if there's anything we learned from recent migrant waves, it's that there's no such thing as "too far away from Europe".

8. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

oh and before anyone else take the opportunity, I'll save you all the trouble and post it myself

"oooo piaf, what would YOUR Bible say about this"
    "oooooo piaf, what does your religion say"