If You Could Own Any Car!....what Would It Be?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pete's Draggin', Sep 6, 2017.

1. themnax

themnax Senior Member

ah yes, but my dream is to live in a world that doesn't make you a second class citizen to not own one.
    a world where there is so much, so frequent, so convenient public transport in and between even the smallest village,
    that you'd have to live in really remote absolute wilderness to even consider the hassle that comes with owning and relying on one.

2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

rid in one of those 50 years ago. several times. retired steam ship line ceo who lived in little town where i did would always stop and give me a rid it i was walking to or from town and he was heading the same direction. no thanks, wouldn't be what i'd want to own though.

there's a full size cargo/trandsman's van that an elecric that has good speed and range, not sure who makes it, possibly volvo or mercadies, that i would like to have.
    and the of course, there's the camper van version of the unimog. (horrible on fuel, like the old doge power wagon, but wonderful for off roading in the back country)
    don't know if i could get either of them in the states. or just the old soccer mom special, nisan/datsun e-10,
    though again preferably the cargo (without all the windows in the back) version, longbed version.
    something long enough to fully enclose a 4x8 sheet of plywood, and still short enough to park in an ordinary parking space.
    at any rate i would prefer electric, an otherwise fuel effecient would be ok too.

there's that one someone above mentioned is popular in oz, that i think is a datsun or toyota.

but serously a van, even more then a pickup with a top. i liked the old panel van style, with the nose cone like a pickup to be relatively easy to work on,
    but with the fully enclosed box from the driving seat back, to haul weather sensetive stuffs, without additional modification, and maybe a bed and port-a-pottie.

3. Kenwood1

Kenwood1 Members

Hmmm... unrealistic dream car? 1967 Ferrari 330 p4.

Realistic Dreamcar? Honda NSX-R

Nice everyday car? Audi RS7