Hurricane Season 2017

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by morrow, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Meliai

Meliai Banned

My dumb sister is in Montana right meow and she texted me to tell me the same thing, that she could look directly at the sun through the smoke. I call her dumb because she didnt realize Montana is having wildfires, she thought it was from controlled burns lol

All these wildfires are crazy

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Just saw some images from St. Martin. They took a big hit!

3. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

My sister went out at 2:30 this morning to get gas so she can evacuate if need be.

Gas, food, water and medical supplies are getting harder to find as people stock up.

I told my brother and sister to join me in sunny Southern California where we have droughts, fires, earthquakes, mudslides--but no hurricanes!

4. Noserider

They've stocked up on supplies and are prepared to evacuate if they have to. But for now, they have a wait and see attitude. I guess it's still not a definite that it's going to hit Florida or that if it does, it will continue to be a cat 5. But still, they're only 20 miles inland from the Gulf and surrounded by lakes.

5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Updated models are showing Irma might turn before making a direct hit on Miami and come up the Atlantic to make a direct hit on SC instead. State of emergency was declared today in SC in anticipation

My sister flies back into the Charleston airport on Saturday, I feel like she should probably just change her flight and come stay with me instead

2 people like this.
  6. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

They seem to be taking it seriously enough. Since they've already made preparations, waiting and watching sounds reasonable.

The most likely track according to NOAA is along the east coast. It's a big storm though, so it might have some impact on the Gulf too, even if it goes east.

7. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Since a state of emergency has been declared, you might be able to talk the airline into changing the ticket without a fee

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

https://www.space.com/38057-sun-unleashes-decades-strongest-solar-flare.html
    Was it this one 6?

9. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

... New Orleans is sinkin' man, and also parts of Texas and Florida aren't doing too well either.

10. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

1 person likes this.
  11. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

1h ago
    19:05
    Puerto Rico damage: 600,000 lose power

More than 600,000 people are without power and nearly 50,000 without water in Puerto Rico, according to officials. A total of 14 hospitals have also lost power so far, forcing them to use generators, the AP reports.

Posted Today, 07:36 PM

Over 3 Million people live on the coastlines of Puerto Rico. Their power grid will not sustain. They will be without power for 6 -8 months with no way to even call for rescue. They are in financial crisis so there will be no money for rebuilding.

Poor Puerto Rico.

My daughter in law's father is there, so is her half-brother and other extended family.

https://www.nytimes....te.html?mcubz=3

http://www.thedailyb...is-about-to-hit

12. Aerianne

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho1L1jMkh70

1 person likes this.
  13. Noserider

6-8 months?!?!??

14. deleted

deleted Visitor

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-41182991

15. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Now Jose is heading for those islands.. no way Jose!

1 person likes this.
  16. Noserider

And Katia is in the Gulf...I think.

Somewhere.

But anyway, three hurricanes at once.

17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

We're supposed to get 60 - 70 mile winds and torrential rain here 3 hours inland when it hits so its going to be like a tropical depression or category 1 hurricane here. It will hit the coast of my state as category 3 or hopefully a category 2 if it loses enough power after it hits Florida. Fun stuff. I have to go get sand bags to protect my den, it was an add on to the house and was built on a slab instead of the crawl space so it is lower than the rest of the house and has a tendency to flood. And I think I'll also get alcohol. Yay hurricane partay

18. Aerianne

19. Noserider

Your in laws are okay, Aeri?

1 person likes this.
  20. Aerianne

I don't know what they are going through since the power is out. I do feel good that there are no deaths reported.

I now see that 3 people are reported dead in Puerto Rico.