Berenstein Bears And The Mandela Effect

Discussion in 'Conspiracy' started by psymon*, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I don't ever remember Jiffy peanut butter. I always remember it as Jif. They even had a song that spelled it out.

This is so easily explainable as a confabulation combined with the amalgamation of Jif and Skippy peanut butters.

Pua Mana 'Ohana and McFuddy like this.
  2. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

It's definitely Berenstein bears.

Pua Mana 'Ohana likes this.
  3. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

According to the Mandela effect all that proves is in your reality they call it Jif peanut butter rather than Jiffy.

And as for Skippy peanut butter, In another parallel reality perhaps the only Skippy of note is fun loving Kangaroo from New South Wales, and there’s no Skippy Peanut butter only Skip

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i seem to recall all three, but then i've been known to unpredictably teleport between parallel universes.
    half right. but the universe(s) isn't (arn't?) "conspiring". diversity is the only nature reality has ever had.
    this does NOT obliterate causality, nor the responsibility that comes with it.

(logic, consideration and honesty, work the same in any universe, just as the do with any gender, ideology, advantages or disadvantages of physical or metaphysical form)

only that NOTHING OWES anything to what anyone tells anyone else to pretend about it.

it DOES however, account for the supposed unreliability of memory.

5. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

The list or spelling differences, mistakes and discoveries that words have very different meanings in other languages is endless.
    Some of them are purely accidental, often triggered bu spell-check.

Their has been a problem for decades with Technicolor.
    In England the credits need to read.... Colour by Technicolor.....and in America. Color by Technicolor.
    Mistakes have cost the film industry tens of thousands of pounds having to reprint credits, mainly because Technicolor can never be spelled with the 'U' because it is a registered trademark.

A few years ago, the popular bathroom cleaner 'Jif' was renamed 'Cif'.....This was because in one country Jif is a rude sexual word in their language and in other countries it is a leading brand of condoms.
    These countries had different names for the product in the past, but global marketing laws forced them to find a name that was universally acceptable.

People were always puzzled why Toyota called one of their cars Starrion. In this case it was a pure mistake. The Japanese misspelled Stallion.

Pua Mana 'Ohana and Moonglow181 like this.
  6. Born25YearsTooLate

Born25YearsTooLate Hunting the mighty whifflesnark

ok. I personally believe in .. dimensional slippage... or memory seepage... to the point where I consider it only slightly annoying at this point. less of 'omg wtf' and more of 'what now?'

here's an example of my weird experiences, that tend to happen on a semi-regular basis

this one's a light switch. a simple light switch.

I had a friend's house that I used to visit that had one of the flat 'slap' switches for the bathroom light. I remembered it as being unusual because it was the only one in his house like that, and the only one I'd ever come across like that so I found it both amusing and rather nicer to use than the usual 'flip' switch. I also was at this guy's house constantly, like practically lived there. one night I got up to go use the bathroom, slapped the switch, and bruised the center of my finger, because it was suddenly a flip switch. I thought 'yah, ok, so someone swapped light switched in the last 3 hours since I've peed.' I asked him the next morning, and his dad (because I thought someone was fucking with me. my love for this flat switch was well known.. I really did think it was one of the most awesome things ever) and the flip switch had 'always been there' they'd 'never had a flat one, and didn't even know what I was talking about'. anyone else, I'd assume they just swapped out the switch and were messing with me, but there's a few things that say 'no' to that.

one - not their kind of thing. neither their humor (they didn't do practical jokes) and if they'd decided to swap out the switch, they'd have likely given me the old one unless it was defective. if it /had/ been defective, they're the sort that'd swap it with the exact same one, because they /really/ did not like change.
    two - I examined the offending bit of reality closely. the switch plate had the same paint specks on it, the same mounting screws, and the same paint around the edges adhered to the wall and covering the gap. same old, ivory turning yellow from cigarette smoke flat latex paint that'd always been there.

so, in light of that... either I slipped realities, I'm remembering something from a different reality, I'm the victim of a really obscure af and way overly complicated practical joke, or my brain has, for some reason, decided to fabricate a memory from whole cloth, including extraneous context.

I have enough of these little events occuring that the practical joke theory makes little sense, as in it'd require a massive conspiracy to try and gaslight me in that fashion, and that's seriously unlikely as it'd be a waste of time and resources. It'd be easier and quicker to make me simply 'vanish' (I have very little social life anyway, and remarkably few people who interact to me face to face... and those that do find me unremarkable enough that they sometimes don't even notice my existence until I draw attention to it)

I have fabricated memories, but I can tell the difference - they have no context. there's no 'where was I, what was I doing? why was I doing this?' to them. it is possible that my brain's started slipping some highly complex and detailed ones in, but a few of the 'altered events' are things like waking up on the couch at my gf's house, and according to her, our 2 years of dating never existed, and there's exactly zero physical evidence, despite me knowing things. telling her things that she swears she never told me about her past, because we were 'only friends'. She has zero of the memories that we shared together. Telling her about her birthmark that you could only see if she was naked didn't help matters. Not only did I lose a girlfriend, I lost a friend too, because she accused me of stalking her and spying on her. And she couldn't answer why I knew certain things about her, like the one peculiar thing that'd make her cum immediately, etc, etc.

physically moving between parallel realities seems problematic, as I'm going on the assumption that it'd take massive amounts of energy to manage it.

most likely of the options I see is memories shared across realities, which, until I know otherwise, seems as good an explanation as any and would require the least energy/time/etc. that is, assuming that I'm relatively sane enough to know which are fabricated memories and which aren't.

7. Pua Mana 'Ohana

Pua Mana 'Ohana Members

The Mandela Effect: A Segue on a Segway in a Multi-verse far far away...

[​IMG]

The Mandela Effect is perhaps one of the most difficult to debate of all present day conspiracy theories circulating the terabyte toilet that is the internet.

The premise of this confusing conspiracy theory lies in a dispute about South African President Nelson Mandela and whether or not he died in prison prior to becoming President, as some people claim to remember, or if he was released from prison in 1990, as history clearly records.

The Mandela Effects only exists due to a mindbogglingly massive number of people alive during the 1990's who claim to remember, with perfect accuracy -- that Nelson Mandela died while in prison in the 1980's!

How could an astonishingly large portion of the population believe President Nelson Mandela died in prison when video footage shows he was released in 1990 on February 11th?

Well I am glad you asked...

Collective False Memory Syndrome is a well documented phenomenon detailing how memories can be altered by outside influences.

After centuries of socializing in tribal groups human beings are hard wired to model our behavior after our parents and peers. If one monkey puts a wooly mammoth skull on as a hat -- now all the monkeys must have a wooly mammoth skull dome piece to match their pterodactyl trousers and soon flood their local prehistoric haberdashery with orders until eventually, the wooly mammoth goes extinct due to over hunting by the fashion farming industry of yestur-year.

In the same respect, when one human remembers an event with varying levels of accuracy -- other humans follow suit.

Similar to the telephone game where a word or phrase is relayed down the line until it becomes indistinguishable from the original word or phrase in question -- we once again prove the fallibility of the human memory with the trendy conspiracy theory that is The Mandela Effect.

The phrase: "who is ya daddy & what does he do" passed from person to person soon becomes: "two bad baboons with two goose tattoos".

Actually, I totally recall it was "two bad baboons with two goose tattoos" not "who is ya daddy & what does he do"...

Stories and events retold with different details & passed from person to person can change just like a time travelling inter-dimensional game of telephone.

Is that why the creators of Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure had them travel all throughout time in a phone booth?

The Mandela Effect is rapidly becoming the #1 conspiracy theory online overtaking accusations of moon landing faking & human origins via extraterrestrial meets cro-magnon love making.

This mysterious Mandela Effect is now being blamed for changed Bible verses, movie quotes & even candy bar wrappers..."oh my"...

Do you remember the "Lion lays down with the Lamb" or is it the wolf who lays down with the lamb?

Did Darth Vader break the good news to young Skywalker about the results of the paternity test from the Imperial Care Clinic with a loving "Luke...I am your Father" or relay the message with a firm fatherly "No...I am your Father"??

When you give your friend a break of your Kit Kat bar is there a hyphen on the wrapper???

[​IMG]

The Mandela Effect seems quite comical until one of your cherished childhood memories is challenged. Rather than admit there is a chance our memories could be flawed or that we sang a song wrong (and way out of key), a ever growing portion of the populace prefers to put the blame elsewhere.

C.E.R.N. is the largest hadron collider on the planet Earth (at least in this multi-verse). Quantum physics experiments performed at C.E.R.N. are very difficult to explain in laymans terms as the most advanced Quantum Physicists will tell you if you say you understand quantum mechanics -- it is a good sign you have no idea what you are talking about.

"I think I can safely say that nobody understands quantum mechanics.” ~ Richard P. Feynman (1965) The Character of Physical Law

C.E.R.N. scientists are being blamed for changes in this multi-verse due to their quantum physics experiments.

It's complicated -- but in a nutshell people believe C.E.R.N. scientists may have accidentally (or intentionally) ruptured the very fabric of the space time continuum allowing information from neighboring dimensions to cross over to ours thereby creating changes in song lyrics, Bible scriptures & even Sally Field's acceptance speech at the Academy Awards?!?

Do you remember:

"You like me -- you really like me"

Or

"You like me -- right now, you really like me"

A growing number of people are coming down with severe cases of The Mandela Effect Syndrome -- a syndrome that is as contagious as it is outrageous.

Is this analytical author immune to the mother of all communicable conspiracy theories?

Absolutely not!!

[​IMG]

I clearly recall reading the "Bernstein Bears" & the late Great Mr. Rogers singing "It's a beautiful day in THE neighborhood".

[​IMG]

That is what makes this conspiracy theory such a beauty -- there is a False Memory Syndrome moment for everyone!

The best way to debunk this magnificent multi-verse conspiracy theory is by going back to the beginning of life as we know it on the Planet Earth.

Slight differences in the spelling of children's books & Bible translations are possible only if all multi-verse roads lead to the Roman primordial soup kitchen, where all of the ingredients are intact & exact.

Were there a subtle change in the temperature, atmospheric or oceanic conditions -- life as we know it would not exist.

Ever wonder why we do not see humanoid extraterrestrial beings from neighboring planets in our solar system?

The "beautiful day in this neighborhood" that allowed life to thrive & survive here on Planet Earth is unique to the 3rd rock from the Sun.

Pluto does not have the beach front real estate available for warm blooded mammals to sun bathe into existence, Mars lacks an ocean to swim or mix primordial soup in (though some believe there was once water on Mars) & Saturn is not exactly the place you want to take the love of your life on Honeymoon, because while rings are cheaper on Saturn, the atmosphere is inhospitable to life as we know it.

B.Y.O.B. = Bring Your Own Breathing-Apparatus

Which leads us to our next point...

Segue vs Segway

Do you believe a transitional phrase like "which leads me to my next point" or my personal favorite "speaking of..." is called a segway?

Then you would be wrong...(in this particular version of the multi-verse at least)...

A transitional phrase is called a Segue!!

A segway is an annoying motorized side walk device that reveals the true character of the rider the moment they are seen careening & barreling through pedestrian foot traffic wearing a helmet for their own safety while neglecting the safety & sanity of everyone else.

Yet an astronomical amount of people today would say a segway is a transtional phrase & there are Google results to prove how wide spread this misconception is.

Which brings me to my next point...

Is there any proof that Nelson Mandela died in prison?

A quote, a death certificate or even a song lyric??

A quote taken out of context by President George W. Bush has become a center piece of this particularly juicy conspiracy theory played out of context in conspiracy theory videos on YouTube from here to Neptune.

I heard somebody say, 'Where's (Nelson) Mandela?' Well, Mandela's dead. Because Saddam killed all the Mandelas." -- President George W. Bush, on the former South African President Nelson Mandela

"Mandelas" plural.

The quote when repeated in excess by conspiracy theorists is only "Mandela's dead" -- while they conveniently leave out the following statement "Saddam killed all the Mandelas" for obvious reasons.

This is a reference to people like Nelson Mandela, not Nelson Mandela himself.

Speaking of Presidential people...

Perhaps in one multiverse potato is spelled with an e ("potatoe") and a version of Vice President Dan Quayle did not make a spelling error in that multi-verse far far away where he has a mantle full of spelling bee trophies -- a happier, simpler place where potato jokes and politics are a foreign concept.

Does any of this ridiculousness prove the existence of alternate parallel universes or does it just prove that we are all really bad at singing song lyrics correctly?!?

The most difficult part for people battling the outrageous & contagious Mandela Effect Syndrome is admitting that they could be wrong about lyrics to a song, movie quotes or the spelling of childrens books.

Admitting one is wrong is not an easy task -- especially these days when you can find convincing "evidence" supporting both sides of any argument online proving you were "right".

Some would rather create an infinite number of multi-verse dimensions that correspond with their versions of "We Are The Champions" by Queen to explain why they forgot the lyrics to a song they have sung over 94.5 million times (all the while getting the lyrics wrong every... single... time).

Speaking of "We Are The Champions" by Queen -- where in the world did the "we are the champions...of the world" part at the end of the version of the song from my-space-time-continuum or my particular multi-verse of origin go?

The confusion arises in differences found between live versions performed by Queen in concert including the iconic "We Are The Champions...of the world" & the studio recording of "We Are The Champions" that fades off into infinity after the final "We Are The Champions" chorus. Both live concert & the studio recording versions can be found online for those of you who would like to let your stress about The Mandela Effect fade off into infinity...

("We are the Champions" by Queen live version including "....of the world...")

Speaking of fading off into infinity...:kissingheart:

#MandelaEffect

#TheMandelaEffect

#MandelaEffectSyndrome
    [​IMG]

8. Pua Mana 'Ohana

Pua Mana 'Ohana Members

"I heard somebody say where's Mandela?

Mandelas dead because Saddam Hussein killed all the Mandelas -- he was a brutal tyrant"
    ~ President George W. Bush

president-bush-painting-775x1100.jpg

9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i was totally thinking of sand paintings. the man was truly great, but people just aren't the first thing i associate anything with.
    i do worry about an obvious problem; if no one can trust their memory, they can be convinced of anything.
    but then, i suppose that's obvious anyway, even if they could.