Berenstein Bears And The Mandela Effect

Discussion in 'Conspiracy' started by psymon*, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

If you truly wanted to be woken up, you would seek the truth on your own instead of asking others to provide it for you.

Pua Mana 'Ohana likes this.
  2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

PR is woke AF

3. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

So WOKE

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Sure, that's not the issue. What Im disappointed about is when people who act awoken talk about proven facts which they never share :p
    It's not like my search stops when the supposedly awoken one im conversing with says nuh-uh you go look for what im talking about. But the fact remains they talk about proven facts they seemingly can't share. And dub everyone who can't see how its so as someone who don't want to wake up. Seems fair to point out there's a big inbetween crowd ;)

5. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Operation Gladio is something that has been acknowledged as real. Why do I have to provide you with the evidence when you are capable of doing your own research?

6. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I find the Mandela Effect fascinating. Not because I believe in any of this, but because people out there think parallel dimensions are a more logical excuse than misremembering something.

Confabulation is a real thing--but no! I'm arrogant. I KNOW MY memory is the RIGHT one! If my memory is wrong, it's not that I'm wrong--it's because the powers that be have relocated me to this new universe.

I think the Mandela Effect flourishes on human arrogance, pride, and entitlement.

Pua Mana 'Ohana and relaxxx like this.
  7. psymon*

psymon* shadilay

I think the Mandela Effect is only credible if a large number of a population shares the same false memory.

You can't be all like, "No I didn't fuck your wife. I transitioned into a universe where I did get fuck your wife and now I'm living with the consequences."

8. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Beach Ball Lady Balls Banned

I always thought it was berenstein bears and dont know how this stain on the berenstein bears came about.

The tv show even said berenstein in the theme song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ9T5D1KiGg&ebc=ANyPxKqehYOw5JJqiAWESsyhSWOaoEyicPKNUcuDrqwbS616S2LA52I_Fb_curQDSPB9tEYp-zDMdtTXN3t__qFMYnO_GbaTKA

I suspect that the name was anglicized at some point in spelling but not in pronunciation! Although I do like the alternative universe idea.

9. Baranstain Bears you mean

10. Beach Ball Lady Balls

No, I mean berenstein. Berenstein is a last name and a variation of it is Bernstein and means kosher family. Might have even been changed intentionally in spelling as it is a Jewish name and the need or feeling of the need to hide their lineage.

The proper, original spelling of the name is Berenstein.

Keep in mind also that with immigration and those that wrote down their names was often done by someone who could barely spell. Brothers and sisters with the same last name were written down and each one could have different spellings.

11. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Yes let's change all the E's to A's. Lol

We can create the mangled affect!

12. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

As far as I can work out, the mandela effect seems to mainly be bits of film and pop culture trivia that people misremember because they are often taken out of context to be repeated. for example, the reason we remember "Luke, I am your father", "Life is like a box of Chocolates" and "play it again Sam" are because those lines don't make sense without the context of the scene, so we've heard them repeated more often in that alternate form. Often the alternate versions are used in marketing or popular parodies.

OR we have memories from an alternate dimension.

It's one or the other...

People who are well-informed don't think that Mandela died in the 80's. Is it because they pay attention to the news, or because they are somehow coincidentally also the people who are less influenced by alternate realities?

People who are Star Wars megafans know that Darth Vader Said "No, I am your father". Again, Is this because they know what they're talking about, or because, again, they are less susceptible to false memories from quantam woo?

Again, it's one or the other....

13. Dejavu~

Dejavu~ Members

Could be both auto. Some of us could still have poor recall despite the superior memory we enjoy in alternate dimensions. ;D

I'm a berensteiner, of the variety that remember it being pronounced stain, as opposed steen or stine. Weird for me as I remember noting the difference between the spelling and pronunciation as a child! lol

From "The Berenstæin Bears and the Big Spelling Bee":

There are two ways to become a good speller.
    One is to study lists of words and memorize
    the way they are spelled.

The other is to be a good
    reader and just let the words
    seep into your brain.

They lied to me! lol

( My actual theory is that I misremembered owing to the various differing pronunciations, or that I somehow saw the a as an e owing to the font? I'm still confused! )

14. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Some conspiracy theorists blame the high energy output of the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) as the most likely source of the Mandela Effect

The collision of exotic particles within the electrodynamic accelerator distorts time and breakdown the barriers between universes and thus interferes with normal human brain function

Hotwater

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Cartoon bears ends up in parallel universes. Lol.

16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

they weren't part of my childhood, i was in my 20s in the 70s, but i do remember them.
    as for the op's memories, just another case of trading places with another of your selves in a parallel universe.
    most people don't notice when this happens, or just think something rotted their brain,
    but i pay attention because i like new scenes. only thing is, most (adjacent) parallel universes,
    its just one little thing like that that's the only difference between them.

now if you could swap with one a long way out, that would be interesting for both of those selves.

it isn't c.e.r.n. though. its EVERY time ANYTHING could happen multiple different ways.
    "conspiracy" implies intent. this is just the way the multiverse works (if it should so happen to be that it does),
    nothing to do with any awareness's intentions.

17. RetiredHippie

RetiredHippie Hick

I knew there was something seriously wrong with the Spooky Old Tree Book. I kept getting panic attacks everytime I read them to both my daughters when they were little. Now I know why.

18. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

[​IMG]

19. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

it is now and has always been called "the spunky odd tree."

20. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

While I previously mentioned the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) as a possible source of the Mandela effect, another popular theory states that the Mayans were right, and the world really did end back in 2012. We were all transported to parallel dimension where things are just slightly askew from what we remember from our own reality such as the Berenstein Bears instead of the Berenstain Bears, Jiffy peanut butter rather than Jif, and the belief that Kit Kat bars had a dash in between words.