I Can Go Years Without Sex

Discussion in 'Sexual Health' started by Mister Liam, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Mister Liam

Mister Liam An Old Mister

I do not consider myself abnormal.

I did not have sex until I was of legal age to drink alcohol, but even though I could drink alcohol I did not drink it. I did finally have sex, though. When I was younger, I maybe had a handful of sexual partners.

Ever since my first sexual experience, I have been able to go years without engaging in sex with another person.

Sex is not important to me, and that does not make me abnormal in any way.

Sex is fine when I need it, but I don't need it all that often, which is why I am capable of going years without having sex.

No, this thread was not created for validation or to hear from others how I am not normal.

Rather, I created this thread because I was made fun of in another thread for someone not believing that I can go years without engaging in sex.

Sorry that I do not fit someone's ideal of sex, but sex is not everyone's ideal.

2 people like this.
  2. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You are not alone, Liam.

1 person likes this.
  3. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

You Are Not Alone Liam....... :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Tears Glen.

4. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I can understand that.
    You're definitely not alone.

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

My next question would have been, ok then prove it.

We only have the word of a bunch of text from an anonymous poster.

And anyway, no one really cares, you can go years without? Good for you

6. Fluffernutter

Fluffernutter Member

I care because it seems like sex is all anyone else cares about and people think it's weird that it doesn't really matter or mean anything to me.

7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Yeah, thus by definition it is abnormal, well abnormal in the sense not like most every other guy

( I did assume you are a guy)

Most guys arent going to believe you no matter what you do, so what?

You probably have a far easier time saving money than the rest of them, for starters

8. IAmMaxieHearMeRoar

IAmMaxieHearMeRoar Maxie Lee Courtland-Colton

I don't know why, but the title made me laugh

9. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

^someone's easily amused..

10. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

So can everyone but why would you want to?
    Unless you mean with the opposite sex, then I can see why you would want to.

11. Panama Jack

Panama Jack Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You better wank it on occasions to keep your prostate working or rub one out if you are woman.

12. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Apology accepted!

1 person likes this.
  13. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Would you consider yourself "asexual?"

Or do you have sexual desires but can go years without acting on them?

14. Mister Liam

Mister Liam An Old Mister

Not asexual.

I have sexual desires, but I can go years without acting on them.

15. PsychGirl05

PsychGirl05 Members

[SIZE=12pt]Hey Mister Liam,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I don’t think this is abnormal at all and as we can all see in the comments, you are not alone. Not everyone needs continuous sexual activity to be happy and feel satisfied. What matters is that you’re content with your sex life and your needs are being met. It’s really admirable that you chose to share your experience with us. I feel it helps others, who are in the same boat as you, feel better about their situation and understand that there is definitely nothing wrong with them. Everyone has different needs, it’s a simple fact of life. Nobody should be made to feel embarrassed or different because they don’t fit a particular idea of what someone considers “normal”.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]There are individuals with all sorts of sexual needs and appetites. Not one of them is better than the other. To each their own On that note, here’s a fun fact for you. Some individuals have absolutely no sex drive at all and are considered asexual. “For reasons unknown, a small number of people experience no (or very little) sexual attraction over their entire lifetime” (Levay & Baldwin, 2012, p. 231). They may be interested in relationships and making personal connections, but simply have to interest in sex. Does that mean that there’s something wrong with them? No. Is that different behavior than what we as a society are used to? Perhaps. I personally don’t know enough about people’s sexual preferences to make that assumption/judgement (and I’m nobody to judge anyone for anything in the first place).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I personally don’t feel the need to have sex constantly for my needs to be met. On the contrary; I’m content with a couple times a month (if you want the honest truth). However, being that I’m married and want to fulfill my husband's needs (which consists of having sex more often), I am happy to do what I can that makes him feel happy, while still keeping myself happy in the process. In this world of such diverse individuals, I believe that we all fill the wide spectrum of sexual preferences and behaviors, don’t you think? What’s right for you might not be right for me, and vise versa. Thank you for sharing your perspective with us!! You are definitely not alone![/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]References[/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=12pt]Levay, S., & Baldwin, J. I. (2012). [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Human sexuality[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]. Sunderland, MA: Sinauer Associates, Inc.[/SIZE]

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't compute.

1 person likes this.
  17. Question: If you have sex with someone stupid, do you become less intelligent because you can't admit to yourself that you shared something so intimate with someone so stupid?

I mean, couldn't you be...and haven't men been...lost for years after having sex with a crazy woman? This is mermaids caliber epic stuff, really. Men have literally had sex with stupid girls and just one night or one really dumb insignificant relationship can have you questioning yourself for years and years.

It's like some kind of sparkling crystal droplet into a sieve of memories, all fading away and blending into one beneath the surface. Women. Can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em.

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Well if she's hot you're kinda just like, yeeeaahhh I just went there.

19. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

I don't understand

20. Redmanchu

Redmanchu Members

I can't admit I shared something as intimate as my eyeballs with this post. I literally read a dumb thing one night and feel like I'm going to be lost for years and years questioning myself because i can't believe someone over the age of 14 wrote this.