Yale Feels Left Out So They Create Their Own Statue Issue

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Beach Ball Lady Balls, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I don't really agree with this. Indeed there are some people who do not fall prey to the herd mentality, but those people are far and few between, and they're usually people who are outsiders. But I would agree MOST people fall prey to the herd mentality to varying degrees.

1 person likes this.
  2. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I feel like that is pretty much exactly what I said?

3. Pressed_Rat

Fair enough.

4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

At the same time there is a definate shift to the left in this era, the far left becoming more militant than the far right

The statue thing, feels a bit commie, erase history so we dont learn from it, so we can all pretend we have eradicated racism. Those problems in Native american reservations are just as bad as they have ever been

2 people like this.
  5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I think being constantly connected through the internet amplifies things that wouldnt have been on anyone's radar a couple of decades ago. A couple of decades ago something like this would have to have some real traction with many participants to even garner the attention of the local news media, now someone just has to stumble upon a little blurb of it and all of a sudden people spread thousands of miles around the world know about it. It probably isn't even a real issue, probably just a few dumb kids who think they're making a difference and no one else at Yale was even paying them attention until it blew up on the internet one day.

I dunno, I didn't really read the article but that's how a lot of these things turn out to be, hysteria over nothing. Edit: still didnt read the article, idiotic survey..but did see in the OP it has already been moved. But would we have even heard about this 20 years ago?

There was some mass hysteria here because people caught wind that "they" wanted to change the name of a high school here named after a confederate general. "They" turned out to be a high school girl who wrote a report on the general and found out he was pretty fucked up so she created a petition, but there was never any serious consideration to change the name of the school. But that didnt stop everyone from freaking out about it.

Everyone from SJWs to the people who hate them should just turn off the tv and internet and go outside and play kickball together or something, calm down a little.

6. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I can see the shift, but what do you think is causing it? Shifts like that don't occur in a vacuum. I tend to think that is is just the pendulum shifting in the other direction--a reaction in the opposite direction of other social movements. Seems to be the way things work. Although, now it's so polarized that things to seem to be occurring in extreme opposition to both the left and the right.

7. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

On another side of the coin--I live in the north east and see almost no outrage over these statues. There are very few such monuments here and no one talks about this very much, if at all, in daily life. It's an issue I only hear about in the news or here on HF. I feel detached from it, and it almost seems as if it is occurring in another country. I find it hard to imagine that there are such monuments to the confederacy, and that people get so worked up over them. Folks of most races appear to get along very well here, and there are many fewer racial undertones than there are in the southern US. So, I can't really relate to the people who see these statues every day, and who have to live with the culture that surrounds the memories of the civil war.

8. Pressed_Rat

What's causing it? The fact that these left wing groups receive massive funding from organizations linked to ultra rich people like George Soros, who want to create chaos for an agenda unbeknownst to the useful idiots at the bottom.

9. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Soon there won't even be any American history. They'll just be living in the present lol.

11. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Most people can't handle that....

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Definitely not me. I like some gadgets and technology, but I think I belong 1700 years ago.

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

And they'll have to make a second part to American History X and name it

American History: where, when, what?

:rofl:

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

And then the 3rd instalment can be called;

American Origins: erased & forgotten

American Origins II: remembering where we came from

America Origins III: nope.

:d

1 person likes this.
  15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Whats causing it? What Melai said in the post above your one, internet momentum

We are at the mercy of social media armchair warriors

16. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Well you just like to focus on the hysterical behavior of one side.
    But when I read Meliais comment of America being too hysterical (which seems spot on for sure!) I instantly think of examples of both sides. People on one side goes apeshit over a statue, people on the other side act just as batshit crazy with torches, marches with slogans that only seems to validate the other hysterical peoples convictions in the first place :D and one even drives into a crowd like a complete retard.

17. Asmodean

What i mean is a big amount of hysterical right winger and/or conservative protestors come across as professional victims as well.

1 person likes this.
  18. Asmodean

I may hope, and kind of expect, those snowflakes are a minority and most liberals agree with you about this shit.

19. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Beach Ball Lady Balls Banned

Hey don't be angry, I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. Technically it is a state, but it is also a corbel .

Cheers

20. Asmodean

Better said than I was attempting :p

I just notice that most people who point out this hysteria focus merely on the crowd THEY themselves disagree with and are offended by. Its so obvious... partly because they use exaggerations in their eagerness to break it to other people that in fact make it so that they themselves add to the hysteria just as much.