Yale Feels Left Out So They Create Their Own Statue Issue

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Beach Ball Lady Balls, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Beach Ball Lady Balls Banned

They say the gun was pointing at the native Americans head, but you can tell by the arm, hand angle and the cover up area it is not pointed at his head, but over the natives shoulder. Covering it up and removing the gun, applying your own statements to it makes it true, I suppose?

http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Yale-will-move-restore-sculpture-of-Puritan-11951362.php

Do you think this is offensive, if so why? Do you believe it should be removed?

1 person likes this.
  2. I think it should be melted down, but suspect someone at Yale will hoard it like it's some priceless commodity. Fighting between the Wampanoag and the puritans is never something that should have been celebrated. I don't understand why it was. If there's some reason Yale wants to make the relationship between Puritans and the Wampanoag a part of their history, might I recommend a statue of them holding on to an ear of corn together and smiling broadly.

3. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i dont even see a musket

to me it looks like they are squatted and rubbing their dicks on each other while both looking sideways

4. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I'm outta fucks to give on this issue.

2 people like this.
  5. Beach Ball Lady Balls

The musket has been covered up by a block of concrete. Perhaps they were both hunting for a turkey? The native man does have a bow.

The piece is also a structural element and holds it a part of the building. The puritan has been disarmed.

[​IMG]

6. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Pretty sure stone doesn't get melted down. Did you even look or read the article? Because it does talk of the plans for it.

7. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Statues are Evil !

1 person likes this.
  8. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

still the fact that they have their legs wrapped around each other totally distracts from the musket

9. I read the snippet you quoted. I assumed it would contain essential material. The picture you have posted isn't of a statue. It's a decoration. You really don't even know what the fuck a statue is. Jesus Christ I'm surrounded by fucking morons.

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Yep. Just one more thing for people on both sides of the argument to feel outraged about

America is too hysterical

1 person likes this.
  11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Im wondering what happens when the SJWs run out of shit to protest about

12. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Maybe then they'll turn on themselves.

13. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

––––– –– –––––––– ––––––––––––– –– – ––––––––––– –– ––– ––––––––– –– ––––– –––––––– ––– –––––– –– –––– –––– ––––––– –––– –––– –––– ––– –––––––––– ––– –– ––––– ––– ––––– –––– –––––
    ––– –––––––– ––– –––– ––––––––––– –– –––– –––– – –––––––––––––– –– ––––––– ––––––––––– –––– ––––– ––– ––––––– –––––––––– ––– ––––––– –– ––– –––––– –– –– –– –– – ––––––– –––– ––––––– –––––––––––– –––– ––– ––––––– –– ––– ––––– –– ––– ––––– ––––––– –– –––– ––––– ––––––– –––– ––––––– –– ––––––––– –– –––––––––– ––––––––––––– ––– ––––––––––––
    ––– ––––––– –– ––– ––– ––––––– –––– ––– ––––––– ––––––––––– –––––– – ––––– ––––––– –– ––– ––––––– –– ––– –––––– –– –––– ––– –––– ––––––– ––––––– ––– –––––––– –– ––– ––––––– –– ––––– –––––––––– –––––– –––––
    ––– –––––– ––– ––––– –––– ––– ––––– –––––– ––––––––––––––– ––––––– ––– ––––– –– ––––– ––– ––––––– –––––– –– –––––

this is what is on that link?...I see the headline and the photo appeared briefly and the this?

my bad it is a survey you can skip

14. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

There's always somethin'

15. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Indeed. They're professional victims who make a living by looking under every stone to find something to be offended by.

16. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Yeah, we should probably destroy all historical artifacts that liberals find "offensive." Don't want to upset the snowflakes anymore, those delicate little angels.

1 person likes this.
  17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Just seems to be getting stupider though, having to search for things to pretend to fight justice for

Not even a statue this time, a doorway carving most people dont even look at thats been there since 1929, 88 years

Why is it a problem all of a sudden now in 2017. Wasnt even a problem in the civil rights era when race relations started to change, the 60s and 70s.....but 40 years after that it is?

We seemed to have crossed some weird line this decade in particular

18. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

And the funny thing is, most of these leftists fashion themselves as intellectuals while they are often virtually incapable of thinking for themselves. They almost perfectly exemplify the groupthink/herd mentality.

I find most of these people are just highly narcissistic trendies who want to fit in and feel rebellious and like they're part of a group.

Really weak-minded people, the lot of them. I believe some of them are mentally ill as well.

To answer your question about why it's all of a sudden a problem. Well, the answer is that there is an agenda behind it, and most of these people protesting are little more than useful idiots for the establishment they think they're rebelling against.

19. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

The real funny part is how much the modern left has become the fringe right-wing of yesteryear when it comes to taking offense to things.

20. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

We are all victims of this, all victims of "herd mentality." It's very rare, and perhaps impossible, to be a human and also be immune to groupthink. A lot of people seem to fancy themselves as rugged individuals, as freethinkers and exceptions to the norm. Most of us are just another cog in the machine--your thoughts and beliefs are hardly unique, and are held by many other people--and don't hold much significance unless you truly act to remove yourself from society. And who really does that? Humans are social animals, and you could argue that folks who remove themselves are truly "mentally ill", in that they are countering their nature.

I dunno--I just feel like it is easy to throw these labels onto people, but most of us do the exact same thing. And that is isn't easy to act outside of our nature.