Responsibility For Heather Heyer's Death

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Eleven, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Eleven

Eleven Member

6 people like this.
  2. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I disagree. James Fields ran Heather over and he is solely responsible for her death. Just him. He didn't have to do it, but both sides got out of hand, and he went overboard. She had every right to be down there like everyone else who was there to protest. Blaming either party will not fix a damn thing.

5 people like this.
  3. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

When a woman is raped, I tend to think the clothing manufacturer who made her outfit that made her look so hot is also partially to blame.
    [​IMG]

If we want to have any sympathy and humanity left, we're going to have to stop victim blaming.

4 people like this.
  4. Eleven

Eleven Member

As Noam Chomsky says, "When confrontation shifts to the arena of violence, it's the toughest and most brutal who win – and we know who that is."

Progressive people should avoid demonstrations where Antifa takes part. Here's the link to Chomsky: https://www.yahoo.com/news/noam-chomsky-antifa-apos-major-110600596.html

5. Eleven

Eleven Member

Yes, there is no justification for the killing of Heather. However, there is also no justification for Antifa's theft of people's 1st Amendment rights, from California to Virginia. Arrogent little black-clad extremists!

6. Noserider

Antifa is not the government. This is not a First Amendment issue.

3 people like this.
  7. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It seems to me that people are looking for justification for this woman's death, and in an indirect approach, blaming what happened to her to be her own fault. it's not coming out directly in those words but the substance around it seems to be headed that way.

1 person likes this.
  8. Noserider

That's what I'm seeing too.

9. lode

lode Banned

Wow! Liked by Jeplaymb, Jeplaywx, Jeplay3x, and Jeplay6u. Must have been a persuasive argument.

10. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Sadly the 'Fight, for Right(/s)' has become an opportunity to take anarchy to it's most aggressive conclusion
    - The more violent the action, the more publicity it seems to create - and in this world of "Video"(/film) having more impact to achieve its goal - such actions are ... disappointing
    Whether a one-man, or group 'operation' both are un-necessary and somewhat inexcusable

1 person likes this.
  11. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

And let the Nazis have our streets. Blood and soil! Blood and soil! Jews will not replace us! I think the Nazis and their Klan supporters should stay home.

12. Mister Liam

Mister Liam An Old Mister

Everyone has the right to free speech, but those who speak must also face the consequences of what they speak.

I am quite the tolerant individual, but there is no way I can tolerate hate speech. There was no way that Heather could tolerate it either.

The fact that she was hit by a vehicle speaks volumes regarding the lengths to which one will go to ensure violence continues to reign. This new rash of violence via vehicle is becoming the new method of murder, and it is sickening.

The person to blame for her death is the one who plowed into her with that vehicle, and that person was fueled by the hate ignited by those who think hate speech is merely them expressing their opinions.

2 people like this.
  13. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

While Heyer's death was a horrible tragedy, I never understood the point of roadblock protests. If your roadblock protest is for a cause that will make me late for work, I'm likely going to support whatever it is you're against. And that'll go for everyone else who's life you're messing with due to your selfish deeds. But I think in this case, the driver from what I understand was not heading anywhere other than to use his vehicle as a weapon.

We all know the victim of a white nationalist protestor. But none of us know the names of all the victims who died in route in an ambulance because BLM blocked those roads to protest.