Noam Chomski: Antifa Is A Gift To The Right

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Fueled by Coffee, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Kind of like how terms like "racist" and "deplorable" are used to connect anyone who swings right politically?

2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Eh some people just are racist

But yeah if you throw around the word racist without any sign of actual racism then yes its the same. And deplorable is just as bad as libtard, honestly all these idiotic political insults just make me cringe

3. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

The political right doesn't necessarily condone racism, nor are they all deplorable, although there are those who like to promote the idea that all liberals believe that all right wingers are racist and deplorable.
    In this way they can condemn all liberals and demonize them, which is exactly what they are accusing liberals of doing.

1 person likes this.
  4. Noserider

That's because there is no difference. Both sides blindly pledge themselves to a political ideology while vilifying the other side.

There is little free thought in politics these days. Or maybe it's always been that way. I don't know. But to me it's like sports. People are just following their team.

1 person likes this.
  5. MeAgain

How can you say there is no difference between conservationism and liberalism?

Liberalism is based on logic, reason, and empiricism, as exhibited by the Founding Fathers and the Enlightenment
    Liberalism is freethought.

Conservatism is based on authority, tradition, religion, and dogma.
    Conservatism deemphasizes freethought.

6. Noserider

I'm talking about people, not about political ideologies.

The followers on both sides are pretty much identical.

7. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Or it could be a good way to separate the good left from the violent goons and the useful idiots who taint the image of the left as a whole.

But it seems to me that much of the establishment left wants to take the violent goons under their wing.

The alt-left has their own martyrs.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/james-t-hodgkinson-identified-as-suspect-in-alexandria-shooting/
    https://www.cnbc.com/2016/07/07/two-police-officers-shot-at-dallas-protest-rally-nbc-5-reports-amid-outrage-over-alton-sterling-philandro-castile-shootings.html

8. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

So its true. Antifa is a gift to the right. Just look at the way Alt Right propagandists use it. Its similar to the relationship the neocons had with AlQaeda: the two fed off of each other.The more you talk up Antifa tha more it will grow. Are you trying to tell us the sniper has a fan club?

9. MeAgain

If the followers are identical, then they're the same and there is no left or right, so I don't know what you're talking about.

10. 6-eyed shaman

It is a gift to the right wing. I agree with Chomski. Hence the purpose of this thread. Antifa is a parasite destroying the left. One by one, leftists are denouncing the movement so maybe there's hope for them after all.

Micah Xavier Johnson has a huge fan club. They go by the name of Black Lives Matter.

1 person likes this.
  11. Noserider

Sorry. I've explained it as succinctly as I can.

12. 6-eyed shaman

At last! For once in the Department of Homeland Security's pitiful existence, they do something good for a change.

The DHS classifies Antifa as a domestic terrorist group.

13. MeAgain

14. 6-eyed shaman

^

Still barking up the "Antifa are comparable to the GIs who fought at Normandy" tree?

15. Noserider

I wouldn't glamorize Antifa by calling them a terrorist group. I call them a bunch of idealists with no jobs. They don't oppose Fascism (I'd bet most members can't define Fascism). They just look for trouble. If it goes their way, they call themselves heroes. If it doesn't, they call themselves victims.

No one in their right mind can possibly take them seriously.

EDIT: Typo

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Nothing to glamorise anyway they get their arses beat up all the time by the hammerskulls & C18 in Europe.

17. Noserider

Those dickbags are in Europe too?

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Oh yeah they were a European invention. You don't hear about it because they get their asses beat up all the time. :d and when they really do try, even the unwanted refugees beat them up. :d

19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I think they've been more visible in Europe than they have in America the last few years, at least from what I understand

What are the hammerskulls and c18?

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

2 loser skin head groups. :d