Starting College Barefoot

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by barefootconservative, Aug 18, 2017.

1. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

^ i meant anything and everything that happens outside of actual college classes. college is a completely different world from high school for most people, and there's nearly infinite fun and learning to be had as long as you actually get out and experience it.

2. barefootconservative

barefootconservative Barefoot for God

so you're all saying that even in conservative idaho, I shouldn't get many repercussions from going barefoot?

3. barefootconservative

All right, I've figured out exactly what I'm going to do. Since it's still summer here, and the forecast calls for very hot weather for at least the next week, I'll keep going barefoot until summer ends, or at least it cools down below 75ยบ. Or I might just stop after labor day. After that, I'm going to just take barefoot walks in the nearby park, and then when it's too cold altogether, I'll stop. My excuses or explanation if I get an inquiry about my feet will be things like:
    -it's still summer, and I don't start dressing up until after labor day (or after it gets below 70 degrees)
    -I have flat arches, and my doctor told me that going barefoot is the best cure.
    -it's too hot for shoes (which it will be, my feet sweat profusely in high temperatures of they're shod)
    -I always go barefoot through the end of the summer.
    -(if I get told it's gross) I would actually be tracking in more dirt with my shoes.
    -I'm in college now, and I'm tight on cash, so I don't wear shoes until I really have to, that way I don't wear them out as fast, saving me money on shoes.

Pretty much, I think bare feet are only going to be a summer thing.

4. Jude96

Jude96 Members

Don't worry so much about an explanation... there are tons of different types of people on a college campus... I'm sure you'll find people who are like minded with you and maybe going barefoot will cause people to gravitate toward you who, like I said, are like-minded... so what makes you happy man

5. barefootconservative

thanks. I guess my main worry is what kind of first impression bare feet will give my professors. But I'm sure everyone will tell me not to worry about what they think either.

6. Jude96

Jude96 Members

I mean it's college... you may just blend in in an oversized class anyway... if you think it's hindering your education then don't but if not then go for it... or if you're more comfortable feel it out first... no wrong answer...

7. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

As A Long Time Full Time Barefooter Please Allow Me To Offer My Advice..........You Are Totally

Overthinking This And If You Keep Going You Are Going To Spoil What Should Be A Fun

Experience.......Stop Planning......And Start "Doing".......[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  8. barefootconservative

feel it out?

9. Jude96

Jude96 Members

I agree with Glen... overthinking it... just go out and be yourself, be free...

... and by "feel it out" I mean take in your surroundings and just make the call based on that if you're worried about it

10. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

actually, my post had nothing to do with barefooting. it was more about the college experience in general. i can't speak for idaho, as i've never been there. but i've spent most of my life in conservative ohio, and i've never had any repercussions from going barefoot, especially at college where nobody gives two shits about anything that's considered important in the rest of the world.

but ultimately, listen to glen:

11. barefootconservative

thanks all. So what I'm hearing is to just go barefoot the first day, then just see what kind of environment I'm in and how they take to bare feet, then make the call after that, whether or not I continue. Is that what I'm hearing?

12. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

13. barefootconservative

Great! I will do just that. Who knows, I may make a few friends and convince them to join me, and then when it's time to cut back on the barefooting, just take brief walks barefoot, possibly with newly made friends to accompany me. Also, the eclipse viewing is tomorrow, and what better event to attend barefoot?

steve773 likes this.
  14. barefoot101corrin

barefoot101corrin Member

no. i want to but im too nervous. its not a huge want right now. i was barefoot for almost all of the last 2 days of my middle school. and i walked around quite a bit,

15. barefoot101corrin

barefoot101corrin Member

also i am a he.

16. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

^ oops, sorry. i've only heard of corrin as a girl's name before, i think.

1 person likes this.
  17. Jude96

Jude96 Members

Don't think about it... this is one of those times where kind of just going for it won't get you into too much trouble, if any... join the ultimate frisbee kids, they'll be accepting I'm sure ha ha

18. barefootconservative

well, I didn't end up going barefoot the first day. Or the second (today). I might try tomorrow. I don't know. But the student union building has a shoes and shirt required sign, and also, no one was barefoot on campus (at least that I could see). Who knows, I may even just wait till I go to the university, as community colleges don't seem to be the most common place for bare feet.

19. Jude96

Jude96 Members

Whatever works for ya man :) get them barefoot hours in at home then... I wear work boots all day so it's really nice to kick them off in the car

20. barefootconservative

I think I'm going to play it by ear, then if I ever get courageous enough, I'll go for it.

Tags: