77 replies to this topic

#11 barefootconservative

barefootconservative

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted August 19 2017 - 04:04 PM

So I now have a slightly different question. Should I dress up my first day to make a good impression, then go barefoot? Or should I just keep going barefoot until it gets too cold for it? See, I'm majoring in music education, and networking, especially with former professors, is important in landing a job. I want to be careful.

#12 I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear

voice of sexy

• PipPipPip
  • 40,017 posts

Posted August 19 2017 - 04:23 PM

I graduated. I wasn't enrolled in any school, but I'm now starting college.

that comment was in reply to corrin, who said that she would go barefoot if she changed schools.

So I now have a slightly different question. Should I dress up my first day to make a good impression, then go barefoot? Or should I just keep going barefoot until it gets too cold for it? See, I'm majoring in music education, and networking, especially with former professors, is important in landing a job. I want to be careful.

when i was in college, people used to joke about how you knew someone was a freshman if they were dressed up for class.  i suspect that the professors are used to seeing any and all kinds of dressing down, especially in a more artsy major like music.

#13 barefootconservative

barefootconservative

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted August 19 2017 - 05:26 PM

that comment was in reply to corrin, who said that she would go barefoot if she changed schools.

when i was in college, people used to joke about how you knew someone was a freshman if they were dressed up for class.  i suspect that the professors are used to seeing any and all kinds of dressing down, especially in a more artsy major like music.

well, that settles it. If I feel like it that day, I'll go barefoot.
  • GLENGLEN likes this

#14 barefootconservative

barefootconservative

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted August 19 2017 - 07:08 PM

I have thought it over some, and have come up with a way to take it slowly. I'll start by taking barefoot walks in the nearby park whenever I have a while between classes, then when I start to get acquainted with people, then I can invite them to join me, and then gradually start attending classes barefoot.

#15 Jude96

Jude96

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationWindham, NY

Posted August 20 2017 - 12:00 PM

Steve Jobs would approve!

https://www.2knowmys...o_walk_barefoot
  • GLENGLEN likes this

#16 I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear

voice of sexy

• PipPipPip
  • 40,017 posts

Posted August 20 2017 - 02:30 PM

Steve Jobs would approve!

https://www.2knowmys...o_walk_barefoot

tumblr_mhk9i8eZ0i1rnoph3o2_250.gif?

#17 soulcompromise

soulcompromise

• PipPipPip
  • 3,238 posts

Posted August 20 2017 - 02:34 PM

Don't let it be a distraction to you, Barefootconservative. College is hard enough without too many distractions. :)

Posted Image

#18 I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear

voice of sexy

• PipPipPip
  • 40,017 posts

Posted August 20 2017 - 02:41 PM

Don't let it be a distraction to you, Barefootconservative. College is hard enough without too many distractions. :)

i'd say that the distractions are the whole point of college.  that classroom shit is the easiest thing you'll ever have to do, but the life lessons most people experience during their time outside of class are priceless.

• GLENGLEN likes this

#19 barefootconservative

barefootconservative

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted August 20 2017 - 03:33 PM

i'd say that the distractions are the whole point of college.  that classroom shit is the easiest thing you'll ever have to do, but the life lessons most people experience during their time outside of class are priceless.

what does everyone mean by "distractions?"

#20 I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear

voice of sexy

• PipPipPip
  • 40,017 posts

Posted August 20 2017 - 03:39 PM

^ i meant anything and everything that happens outside of actual college classes.  college is a completely different world from high school for most people, and there's nearly infinite fun and learning to be had as long as you actually get out and experience it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Barefoot