Stephen Hawking Blasts Tories Over Nhs

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by BlackBillBlake, Aug 18, 2017.

1. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Physicist Stephen Hawking (Theory of Everything) has attacked government ministers over their continuing mis-management of the NHS.

Hawking is critical of the government over funding cuts,privatization and pay caps, as well as accusing Jeremy Hunt of cherry picking data in reports in order to back a political agenda which Hawking sees as taking us towards a US style private insurance system, as well as undermining public confidence in science.

Hawking, who is internationally recognized as one of the world's leading theoretical physicists, was diagnosed with Motor Neuron Disease at the age of 21, and says he has relied on the Health Service heavily since that time.

'The crisis in the Health Service has been caused by political decisions' he said. He also says that failures in the system of privatized social care for the disabled and elderly have placed more strain and burden on the NHS.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2017/aug/18/stephen-hawking-blames-tory-politicians-for-damaging-nhs

2. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

When this man of intellect speaks we should all heed his words

2 people like this.
  3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Even though he was wrong about pretty much everything in his own field? sometimes by his own admission

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Ohhh but in science theoretical means "I really dont know but this is what I think is right so it's right"

5. katkin

katkin Member

Everything starts from an idea, then research and study, then a theory. Then that is tried by being disproved, and then we take some of it away that has some strong support and start a new theory, it's how we get closer to a more accurate answer. I worry for our NHS and the people that rely on it.

2 people like this.
  6. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Don't worry if all else fails you can just do what us Americans do and never go to a hosiptal unless you are about to die. :bigcry:

7. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Fpr me, Hawking is; if not a hero, a beacon of conviction