Dropping (Sort Of Like Sub And Dom Drop)

Discussion in 'The Orgasmic Experience' started by drumminmama, Aug 16, 2017.

1. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

After a recent afternoon with my new guy (a first time we got together, although we have been friends a decade), I had a bizarre level of drop.

I'm used to sub drop, and this was similar, but left me feeling hollowed out.
    We didn't do any kinky play that would typically produce a drop. So the feeling was unpleasantly surprising.
    It was, perhaps, the most orgasms I'd ever had in that length of time, so I could have been spaced out, but the endorphin high wasn't present.
    And we had recovery time, cuddling and talking. Space to shift back to "real life" after an oasis.

Anyone else get drop from great sex without kink? Can subdrop happen even if it isn't serious play?
    What helps mitigate this?

I went to a bookstore, typically my happy place. Still, I was low energy and not great company. I'd met a girlfriend because I was halfway to her place and I live up in the mountains. Long drive.

2. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I don't know if it's drop necessarily, but I've become emotional after really hot and passionate love making with someone special. I mean, really emotional. Like, simultaneously giggling and crying while physically shaking. And I get so overwhelmed that I can't process it all.

But a stiff drink while watching a silly movie works wonders for me.

1 person likes this.
  3. drumminmama

Overwhelmed is a good description.

I called him on my way through the canyon, and a talk helped.

I did self aftercare at home.
    Pity I do not drink.

4. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Self after care? I never heard such a thing.

5. drumminmama

Think self soothing.
    Some people do the ice cream and sappy movies move. Or, drinking/getting high.
    I use music and swaddling in a blanket, until I'm ready to dance to the music.

I've been chasing ecstasy with music since I was around seven, and tried to explain to my mom that music had color, texture, and was 3-D. That music can lift physically, not just mentally and emotionally.
    It's a pretty dependable resource for me.