Camping This Weekend - Leave Iphone Behind?

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by Jude96, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Jude96

Jude96 Members

I've decided to go camping this weekend kind of last minute but I made some arrangements... thinking about leaving my iPhone at home and going completely tech-less...

...I hate that just a few years ago this wouldn't even have been an issue... I had an old flip phone still and wouldn't have had a problem doing this... now it's actually a debate in my mind and I enjoy this damn iPhone as much as the rest of them...

2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Leave It At Home...... Clear Your Mind.....And Get Back In Touch With Mother Nature..... :)

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  3. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

I'd bring it and just keep it off the whole time, just in case there is an emergency. I like to do that and then turn it on once or twice a day just to make sure that there are no important messages from family.

1 person likes this.
  4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I dont see a problem with taking it for emergencies if you get reception where you're camping. It never hurts to have a way to phone 911

But you wouldnt really feel tempted to fiddle around on your phone while camping would you? Just take it and leave it in your pack

1 person likes this.
  5. His Eden

His Eden Queen of Mean

Take it for emergencies only. I always take my phone camping, but it stays in the car. I don't even check it daily. I make sure to tell someone where I am camping, and if there is an emergency they can contact the campground (if possible), or the local police or fire department who will send someone to give me the message. Basically, the same thing I have done for 30 years, except there is a cell phone in my glove compartment (which I keep for emergencies that happen while camping and I need to call for help, and not so much for someone to contact me.)

6. Jude96

Jude96 Members

Good idea... yeah I'll have it on me but I'll leave it in the car... I need some Mother Nature time like Glenn said...

...if I post something on here past like 6 o'clock tonight you'll know I failed ha ha... but no I really do need to get off the grid again for a bit...

7. Jude96

Jude96 Members

As of 15 minutes from now the phone is going off... tried to get the people I'm going with on board but they want to take some pictures... I'll have them send them to me in my tech-free 24 hour attempt... ✌❤

8. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

When I do this I also have an old flip top cell phone charged and with minutes added in my dashbox in case of emergencies.

1 person likes this.
  9. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

Gotta take some sick instagram pictures brah

2 people like this.
  10. Jude96

Jude96 Members

Ha ha! I have ZERO social media profiles just fyi... can't say the same for my friends

Attached Files:

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

And a music boom box.

I mean the way I see it you can camp with nothing like a Neanderthal or you can camp pleasantly like the modern era presents to us and that means you don't have to go without things.

I know I know. Those old "back in my day" blokes gone be "rah rah rah" about it but to hell with them.

I'm camping for 10ish days soon and I've got a toilet on a trailer, a queen size inflatable bed with electric compressor. A big tent. My truck holds enough power for simple phone charging or a kettle. I have a power battery to charge usb and my stereo. I have a stereo because umm tinnitus in the woods will drive me farther insane.

And this is just 2017 basic camping needs I think. There's no point doing it tough if you don't have to. That's for suckers. I'm a winner. :)

12. Jude96

Jude96 Members

I hear ya... I just disconnected for 24 hours from the phone... felt good to not to be checking it every two minutes... we didn't rough it too bad and only did a one-nighter...

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't plan to do too much on the phone but its good for weather and music and maybe when I meet people for face book etc. Like yeah OK you don't need it but also why not if you can.

1 person likes this.