13 replies to this topic

#1 Jude96

Jude96

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts
  • LocationWindham, NY

Posted August 08 2017 - 06:45 PM

Used to listen to them all the time... just got really back into listening to them again... any other fans?

...feel like I just had a DMB epiphany 😄

#2 guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam

• PipPipPip
  • 21,445 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted August 08 2017 - 06:47 PM

I saw them live for free in Golden Gate Park, pretty decent daytime show, they even brought Santana out. Some of their stuff is decent but I do not go out of my way to listen to them often.

3i6eiPI.png?

#3 Pressed Rat

Pressed Rat

Do you even lift, bruh?

• PipPipPip
  • 33,753 posts

Posted August 08 2017 - 06:49 PM

Can't stand them.

Living is easy with eyes closed
Misunderstanding all you see
It's getting hard to be someone but it all works out
It doesn't matter much to me

#4 Meliai

Meliai

• PipPipPip
  • 13,531 posts

Posted August 08 2017 - 06:53 PM

What a coincidence

I got really, really into DMB for a couple of years of my life in my late teens then just as quickly as I got into them I got tired of them and didnt listen to them anymore for years. Over a decade, which makes me feel fucking old lol

But anyways something or other reminded me of them the other day so i've been listening to them a lot yesterday and today

I don't know how I feel about them anymore, i've been digging the shit out of them but mostly because their songs feel so familiar to me and give me all the nostalgic feels. I also noticed they've put out a few albums since I stopped listening but I dont know if i have any interest in their newer stuff.

Edited by Meliai, August 08 2017 - 06:53 PM.

• Jude96 likes this

Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens ~Tolkien

#5 orison

orison

my dog is full of stars

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,368 posts
  • LocationKissMyAss Penisylvania

Posted August 08 2017 - 06:56 PM

Going to catch DMB with Willie Nelson in Sept. Farm Aid.. But i dont really like DMB that much..

• Jude96 likes this

Posted Image

Road signs flow into the headlights
Whisper names and fall behind
He finds some honor in the darkness
Hopes for grace and peace of mind

#6 Moonglow181

Moonglow181

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,244 posts

Posted August 09 2017 - 09:35 AM

I have heard of the Dave Matthews Band but couldn't think of any songs i might know by him or what he sang, so I just looked on u-tube and do not recognize any of the playlist hits songs of his, but I found this in my search of Dave  Matthews.

• Jude96 likes this

#7 unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin

The Archaic Revival

• PipPipPip
  • 7,330 posts
  • LocationYarmouth Road

Posted August 09 2017 - 09:47 AM

They are OK in small doses but I would not go out of my way to see them.

#8 Jude96

Jude96

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts
  • LocationWindham, NY

Posted August 09 2017 - 02:40 PM

I have heard of the Dave Matthews Band but couldn't think of any songs i might know by him or what he sang, so I just looked on u-tube and do not recognize any of the playlist hits songs of his, but I found this in my search of Dave Matthews.

That's a cover they must have done of Jimi Hendrix's song... that's not their original stuff... good song choice though........

This one is actually theirs and one of the more popular ones...

Edited by Jude96, August 09 2017 - 03:10 PM.

• Moonglow181 likes this

#9 Jude96

Jude96

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts
  • LocationWindham, NY

Posted August 09 2017 - 02:40 PM

Going to catch DMB with Willie Nelson in Sept. Farm Aid.. But i dont really like DMB that much..

That sounds like a great concert
  • orison likes this

#10 Jude96

Jude96

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts
  • LocationWindham, NY

Posted August 09 2017 - 02:43 PM

What a coincidence
I got really, really into DMB for a couple of years of my life in my late teens then just as quickly as I got into them I got tired of them and didnt listen to them anymore for years. Over a decade, which makes me feel fucking old lol
But anyways something or other reminded me of them the other day so i've been listening to them a lot yesterday and today
I don't know how I feel about them anymore, i've been digging the shit out of them but mostly because their songs feel so familiar to me and give me all the nostalgic feels. I also noticed they've put out a few albums since I stopped listening but I dont know if i have any interest in their newer stuff.

I think it is mostly nostalgia for me right now too... reminds me of my younger days... Tripping Billies, Crash, Crush, Stay, #41, So Much To Say... all good ones

Click to shop at Zamnesia