The Day Of Fire An Fury

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by jagerhans, Aug 8, 2017.

1. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

Is this for real ? Amid claims of a NK arsenal counting 60 operational ICBMs , president Trump announced "fire and fury like the world has never seen" if they won't abort their alleged nuclear escalation. Is he fucking serious again ?

2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I am sick of all the bullshit fearmongering and propaganda coming from the government and media. North Korea poses no threat whatsoever. Their military is a joke, and their equipment is antiquated, yet we're told to fear them. Funny how North Korea was slated to be one of the countries for "regime change" going back to the early 2000s.

3. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

He fucking better not be. Even if conflict between America and NK were limited to those two countries (and not the start of WW3, which it would be) North Korea is essentially a giant state-wide cult. That war would be like Waco on a national scale, absolutely horrific.

Fortunately, saner heads should prevail. Many, many countries benefit from NK's geopolitical existence. It acts as an invaluable buffer zone in the region. Trump's twitter account is the only threat here.

1 person likes this.
  4. jagerhans

The establishment of NK is somewhat forced to keep the country in a perpetual pre-war condition just to preserve itself. All the flexing of boasted atomic muscles is functional to this scheme, which basically is just a preemptive menace used as a life insurance. Now I don't know if their freshly unveiled nuclear potential is true or just another lie like Saddam's chem weapons, but I fear that Trump is too dumb to understand that the NK ruling clique doesn't really want a war, only to preserve its existence. You fear the bull from the horns, the donkey from the rear, the stupid from both sides.

1 person likes this.
  5. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

See, that's how I've always looked at it. I was born in the last decade of the Cold War, so while not as indoctrinated as the kids in the 50's and 60's, I was still raised to believe that everything communist was inferior. That free people made better soldiers. That a free market could make better weapons. Individual free thinkers trumped a hive-mind mentality. Communism. Doesn't. Work.

But now in 2017 we're supposed to fear a country that can't even maintain a power grid?
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I don't see a

I don't see a threat as yet to the mainland U.S., and I don't think NK would launch a nuclear ICBM, which they appear to be incapable of at the moment, but they do have nuclear bombs and they do have ICBMs and short range BMs aimed at Japan and SK.

They may also have chemical and biological weapons.

They have the 4th largest army in the world, 1.1 million, they also have a large mechanized force.
    They have a very large artillery corp divided into units capable of independent support of ground troops, and other artillery capable of killing large numbers of civilians near Seoul.

The threat would seem to be against out allies.

7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I dont know that NK is a real threat..probably not in comparison to America's military might

But I still find two bloated, egotistical, dumb leaders threatening nuclear war against each other to be quite disturbing

3 people like this.
  8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Isn't it NK itself who puts out these threats and declarations? Your media and government are responding to it, not making it up.
    Also, who says its the NK military we should watch out for? Only North Korean citizens have to fear them. The NK military isn't a threat to us indeed but I rarely see someone proclaiming otherwise ;) Its the NK leadership that is a threat, especially if they have the possibility to hit a button and unleash nuclear terror (which they seem to have, and are threatening with for years ;)). It's a tragedy. But I guess if you don't live there its all bearable and easy to ignore.

9. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Why would Kim Jong Un want to attack another country when he knows what the outcome will be? He may be crazy, but I doubt he's dumb. There is a lot the media doesn't report, as well as a lot of spin and fearmongering. You don't know what kind of sabre-rattling is going on behind the scenes, and if NK is being provoked, outside of what we hear on TV, so they will do something that gives the US an excuse to attack. Funny that Donald Rumsfeld was on the board of the company that sold NK their nuclear reactor. Sorry, I am not buying this shit. North Korea has been in the crosshairs of the US for a long time.

10. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]?

2 people like this.
  11. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

whats the difference?..russia...gemany...vietnam...afghanistan..iraq....

and now north korea

its american tradition to express superiority

1 person likes this.
  12. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Now, would this here fall under xenophobia?

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

If the American Military and Technology cannot take down a missile in half an hour.. I'd be flabbergasted. Would not a jet go take it out, we engineer radio satellites and stuff to beam signals at missiles to blown them up in the air I don't exactly see the threat here...

14. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

The problem with the North Koreans, just like the Russians, is very poor leadership whose mindset is steeped in ultra-nationalistic concepts and conditioning of a bygone era , and which is forcing them to make poor decisions detrimental to national progress. This also prevents them from creatively identifying and benefitting from best case scenarios available in modern times. As the saying goes, minds, like parachutes, are not very effective unless they can open.

The Vietnamese suffered much more than the North Koreans in the wars against France, U.S. and China to maintain its sovereignty successfully. It has however recovered from the massive devastation caused by war, and is now an emerging economic power not averse to economic ties with its past foes, which shows open-mindedness and lack of rigidity in its conceptual perception and decision-making.

15. jagerhans

Communism has no place in this story. NK works as an absolute monarchy with elements of superstition and magic attached to it, it makes me think of Haiti's Duvaliers. China itself is no communist country any more since it embraced free market inviting people to become entrepreneurs and all the red stuff and general oppression around don't change the equation. It is not about ideologies, just different groups of crazy jerks with bombs and now they look a bit too much randy about their A-boners.

1 person likes this.
  16. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

"Hey little buddy, we don't wanna hurt you guys. We don't want regime change. Lets cool it and take a commercial break." That's what the Trumpster should say. This is a potential war being talked up out of nothing. I know there's beef from the past, but if this kicks off, many many innocent could perish, and does not bode well for World security. Trump's team should be the bigger man, and see Korea for what it is. An insecure state, just trying to keep its head up in the World. They need to be treated with kid gloves. If everyone would just ignore them, things would be okay. I sincerely hope Trump isn't as big a fool as I fear he may be.

17. jagerhans

Ah, and shooting down a missile is not the easy task some believe. They never actually tried taking one out for real. ICBMs fly really, really high and in a few minutes cover great distances. Their terminal speed approaches the velocity of a shooting star at about 30000 kmh and they usually deploy multiple warheads, though this doesn't appear to be the case.

1 person likes this.
  18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I get the difficulties just fly a drone into it. =p

Or missile to missile. Ca hit the moon..

19. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

A quick war with North Korea where we topple Kim Jong Un and force the reunion of the two Koreas would defintely bolster Trump's approval ratings, which are currently in the shitter. Of course, to pull it off requires having NK make the first attack, otherwise China and Russia would get involved, so at this point all Trump can do is try to provoke them with fire and fury speeches.

If they were in a war they couldn't win, I have to wonder if the North Koreans wouldn't revolt and pull off the regime change for us. Many NK civilians would love to see the current government gone, and many in the military joined it as a means of eating regularly. I suspect the people of North Korea are not as loyal as Kim Jong Un claims.

1 person likes this.
  20. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I thought this thread was about the Hiroshima/Nagasaki anniversary, the great American achievement.

1 person likes this.