Who Is Happy To Call Themselves A Racist?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Joshua Tree, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

I used to be pretty racist. Now I'm ashamed of my past. Subconsciously I'm still racist to an extent. Do you consider yourself to be a racist, and if so are you happy to be one? Maybe if someone started producing "Racist And Proud" T-shirts they would make a fortune.

P.S. I remember a member on here saying they thought there were quite a few racist sub-tones on this site, and I have to agree with them.

2 people like this.
  2. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

I wouldn't say I am racist.

But I would say that I've lived enough to have learned many lessons and I apply those lessons to my life choices as it continues.

If that means making quick judgments based on a persons race then so be it.

1 person likes this.
  3. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

My ex and I joked we were kitty racists, because all the cats who chose us were black.
    Probably not what you mean.

I volunteered with Southern Poverty Law Center for a while. I'm ethnicity aware, but it's not the basis of decisions.

As for the racist remarks, that's the downside of free speech. Even the idiots get it.

4. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

I think I have natural prejudices but I would say most do. Honestly I discriminate in the opposite way everyone assumes,I tend to be nicer and more respectful to people of any other race. And whether anyone likes to admit it or not, it's still discrimination because I am not treating everyone the same. I can't lie and say I don't ever judge a book by its cover but skin color is very low on the list of preconceived notions. And I don't have the capacity for much hate in me, though, and my judgements tend to be much harsher on my outer (visible) race, white.

5. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

You're asking the wrong nigga

6. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Hmmmm, in some ways , yes, but more because idiots tend to follow and perpetuate stereotypes rather than "proving them wrong".
    Living in Southern Cali, they are a lot of races thrown into the melting pot, why do so many of them live/act in a manner that perpetuates the stereotype?

Asian, (specifically Vietnamese) are stereotyped as horrible drivers, and I see it every fucking day and it is backed up by insurance records....but why?
    they have access to the same resources for learning good/legal driving skills as any other idiot living in SoCal.

why do young black men have to talk street gutter gibberish that often precludes them from getting a job?
    Why do southern white young men have to wear the same type of clothing and adopt the same asinine idiotic perspectives, all while wearing a fucking baseball,cap backwards (dumbfucks, the bill is meant to shade your fucking eyes)

personally the biggest thing I am prejudice against is ignorance and conforming to stereotypes.
    I know/love blacks/Asians/Hispanics/ etc., etc.,etc, personally in real life because they refuse to succumb to the stereotypes ascribed to their race.

WAKE THE FUCK UP PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THERE IS ONLY ONE RACE ON THIS PLANET!!
    THE HUMAN RACE!!!!!
    Stop dictating or allowing to be dictated to you how/what or who you are by something as superficial as the color of your packaging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.`

(ps. I do admit to being an intellectual racist and treat folks different based on their intelligence MUCH more than their color)\
    an idiot is an idiot, regardless of the color of their skin or the label affixed to their lapel, just look at who is Prez...)

7. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

My dad's side of the family were all pretty racist. And it wasn't hidden. And it was encouraged that I adopt similar view points. For example, when I was--who knows? Five? Six? Seven maybe? Young anyway--one of my friends was a huge fan of Michael Jackson. She had his posters and stuff all over her walls and I told her I didn't like it. I didn't like Michael Jackson because he was black (he really was back then) and I felt uncomfortable being in her room.

Here I was being conditioned to have a chip on my shoulder about black people while growing up in one of the most white-washed regions of one of the most white-washed states in the country. When I was older I moved to New Mexico and I was not the majority in my high school. The whole town was probably 80% hispanic. And then I lived in Boston for a while, now I'm in SoCal, and I'm surrounded by diversity. Anyway, once I got out of my New Hampshire cul-de-sac life and started encountering people of other races and forming relationships with them, I realized pretty quickly that racism seems to only exist in segregated areas. When you live in a diverse area you learn that racism is bullshit and it's not a game you want or need to play.

But the most racist people I know, are ones who have never formed any type of real-world relationship with people of another race, because they're comfortably in these homogenized communities full of people of the same race, class and socio-economic status.

2 people like this.
  8. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Some of my best friends are racist

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I think everyone is guilty of stereotyping to a certain extent, much of that is due to our human intelligence and proclivity towards filing all extraneous information into organized files inside our head. I dont think there is necessarily anything wrong with it, we're simply prone towards categorisation and as mentioned above is mostly due to ignorance or lack of exposure to diversity. I think the more humans of different walks of life we come across the more likely we are to meet people who shatter our stereotypes and neat little preconceived boxes.

I think where it does get to be a problem is when one lets fear or hate dictate how one treats and behaves towards other people.

One thing i've noticed in the past couple of years that really bothers me - i've witnessed people use racial slurs like ******, ape, whatever..and then completely lose their fucking shit when someone dares suggest they're being racist. As if being called a racist is worse than being called a ******

I think that bothers me more than the racism itself. If you're going to be a hateful asshole have the cojones to own up to it

Also I know what the OP means when he mentions the racist subtones witnessed here, I see it. I don't think anyone is being purposely hateful, I usually just assume they live in a very segregated, monocultural part of the world and feel thankful I live in a pretty diverse area

2 people like this.
  10. Noserider

Can someone expand on the "racist subtones" here? I haven't seen race come up at all.

Anyway, I agree with Meliai. If you're going to be a racist fuckwad, own it.

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Just subtle stuff i've noticed over the years, nothing specific comes to mind.

Makes me realize being from the south gives me a unique perspective though..which probably goes against most southern stereotypes people have, but we're like 30% black here so theres more black people here than most parts of the country and our schools are more integrated than much of the country because we were forced by the government to integrate. So I've always went to school with a lot of black people and lived beside them, etc. And my mom would have slapped me silly if anything racist ever came out of my mouth. Of course there are racist people in the south, I'm not denying that at all but there are also a lot of people who have friends of all colors and won't stand for people around them saying certain things about other races.

And so I'll sometimes see people who I know live in pretty white areas say things or crack jokes that I just dont find funny at all ..but I dont think they realize how it sounds, to them its no big deal because everyone around them talks like that

Anyways I think I'm rambling now :/

12. deleted

deleted Visitor

I feel safe around a bunch of niggers when wearing my Jimi Hendrix T-shirt, besides it covers my 1911. :guitarist:

13. Noserider

I'm sure this is an attempt at humor, but what the fuck?

14. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 people like this.
  15. deleted

deleted Visitor

I exited a train the other day and watched a white male run very quickly away from a group of successful black entrepreneurs . ;) .. I walked thru them with no fear. It was very dark there and not even sure why the man was moving quickly away from them... They allowed me to gracefully pass when I put my cell phone into my left pocket, placed the bottle of water from my right hard to my left.. they didn't engage in convrsation, made no woops, whatup, digs, yalls ... I called no joy.

16. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

I admittedly will only play as High Elves, they have more magicka than any other race and their summoning ability really comes in handy when pitted between multiple foes. Nothing better than having two Storm Atriarchs at your side when facing off against Blood Dragon.

17. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

that is just our good ol' orison, you'll learn to luv and appreciate him as we all have.

he talks a lot of ???? shit, but I'll wager he is probably one of the least racist folks around here.

too bad you missed him when he was in the full on crossdressing mode......LOL

1 person likes this.
  18. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

19. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

but they are the epitome of racial snobbery and I shoot them in the eye every chance I get, being part wood elf, what else would you expect me to do?

20. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

well he hasn't posted any of those sexy pics in a couple years that I'm aware of....