The Worst Piece Of Crap Held In My Hands To Date: Ms Surface 3

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by relaxxx, Aug 2, 2017.

1. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Wow, what a fucking piece of garbage this tablet is! First of all, it should be fucking illegal to produce such an utterly un-serviceable device. They only way to open this is to heat gun the thin brittle front glass screen digitizer, and try to pry it from the glue with plastic tools. Spoiler alert: it is damn near impossible not to destroy this screen, this $200+ to replace, piece of shit screen. Why am I tearing this fucking trash opened, you might ask? Well this overpriced useless junk overheats like a turd in the Sahara. The quad core atom APU runs over 70C doing nothing then jumps to 79+ if you try running anything and shuts off a few seconds later. That's because there's basically no heatsink in this retarded monkey toss. The CPU has only a thin metal shim pressure crimped to a thin RF shield with zero ventilation. This design is so utterly moronic, I don't understand how it could have possibly been made by people who can go potty by themselves!

3 people like this.
  2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Why the hell did you buy anything MS in the first place?

I never buy the hard glass notebooks or tablets, I always break the screen in a week

Also, 2 in 1s are dumb IMO there arent really that many times you need to detach the tablet, and well I hate touch screens, I love bashing a keyboard when angry

3. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

I didn't buy it from MS. I got it 'as is' for cheap because it turns off after a few minutes. I didn't figure I could open it without destroying it either. I did think that I was getting a 128GB SSD for super cheap. I was wrong about that. The Surface 3 is so fucking cheap that the SSD is not a module like the Surface Pro, it's soldered on the board. So yeah, the back of this thing is pretty solid aluminum, they could have easily put the processor against the back case and used it as a heatsink. But no, they had to be total idiots and have it facing inside towards the screen with no damn cooling. And the batteries are fucking idiot glued to the case and soldered to the charger circuit... bunch of unethical, environmentally careless cheap ass dumbfucks.

4. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Can't Follow You........ You Bought It Cheap Knowing It Had A Serious Defect.......And Now You Are

Bitterly Complaining About It...???....[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

As i read it he could get it for cheap from somebody else and did it because there's a good harddrive in it. But it appears the harddrive can't be removed as easily as he assumed because this MS surface thing is even shittier than he thought.

1 person likes this.
  6. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

70 degrees C at idle??
    correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the upper heat threshold limit of most Intel processors?

dang, even my old 3ghz P4 with stock heatsink idled at ~35C.

well you can always use it as a hotplate or to fry eggs.

7. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Mid 70's seems to be the standard threshold these days for many processor, where they start to throttle performance or increase fans. They run these CPU's and GPU's at the very limits, just cool enough to outlive most warranties. An LGA socket processor can probably withstand a bit more heat than a BGA soldered CPU or GPU but there's video cards where manufactures seem fine with pushing them into the 90's. Again, all they care about, it seems, is making them last just beyond warranties. That and the belief, or fact, that the average dumb user would prefer a quiet device over a louder one with more fan cooling.