Learn By Glen's Mistakes.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by GLENGLEN, Jul 31, 2017.

1. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Bought A 4 Liter Cask (box) Of Red Wine Yesterday And The Guy At The Bottle..O

Said Be Careful GLEN The Bottom Is A Bit Loose So Hold Your Hand Under It.

So I Did That But This Morning When I Went To Move It Off The Centre Island

And Into The Fridge I FORGOT....[​IMG]. ...Split Open......Bag Hit The Floor......Split Open

And Just Exploded When It Hit The Tiles..... :yikes: .

It's Taken Me 2 Hours To Even Make The Kitchen Half Clean.......It Splashed Up

The Cupboards And Fridge And Freezer For 2 Meters ....... :bigcry:

So Learn From GLEN's Mistakes Peeps And If You Have A Box With A Loose

Bottom Grip It Tightly.......[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

3 people like this.
  2. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

If you learned from it, how is it a mistake? :p (no need to answer that) ;)

3. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Just Mopped The Kitchen Yet Again But Whilst I Have The Tiles Clean Some Of The Grout Has

Taken On A Pink Hue.......Buggered If I Know How To Clean Grout Apart From Mopping

With Hot Water And Detergent ....[​IMG] .....And Then There's The Smell......When You Walk In The

House It Smells Like A Brewery......Pressed Rat And Kick Frenzy Would Just Love It.......[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Dont think ive ever brought wine in a big plastic bladder, i always assumed the motivation being so it works out what $3 a litre

Yes i am trying to be snobbish on purpose.

I assume the Cold Chisel song now refers to the three day growth of mould that will happen in the nooks and crannies the cleaning missed

http://youtu.be/SUGlWCCVA4M

1 person likes this.
  5. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

First mistake... Buying wine.

Second mistake... Buying wine in a box.

7. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

I feel you my good man.. i once tried to open a bottle of wine with a knife. Lets just say it eneded up with wine and blood everywhere.

2 people like this.
  8. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

bleach it baby, bleach it.

9. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Just Arrived Home With An Old Fashioned Mop And Squeeze Roller Bucket Instead Of The Little

Sponge One I Was Using Earlier.......Mopped The Whole Area Again Then Got Carried Away With

My New Toy And Did The Meals Room And Family Room.

I Bought Bleach NG But It's Winter Here So I Really Can't Open Up The House For Hours To

Air It Out So For The Time Being A Good Floor Cleaner Will Have To Suffice.

Made The Mistake Of Telling Peeps In Town What Happened And All They Did Was Laugh And

Heap Shit On Me For Buying Cask (box) Wine.....So A Bloody Lot Of Help They Were......[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

10. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Glen, gimme a straw and get outta my way.

1 person likes this.
  11. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Those old fashioned mops and buckets are superior to any modern kind.

But your tale reminds me of a time 20 years ago when my daughter was a teenager, and I went away for the night having agreed that it was OK for her and her pals to have a little party.

When I got back next day, half the carpet in the living room was literally soaked in beer with numerous beer bottles and crushed cans strewn everywhere - and the settee - forget it. No chance of cleaning - just had to replace both.

'Fraid that was the last party.

2 people like this.
  12. morrow

morrow Visitor

It's bleach Glen, then a grout pen for touch up. I had a bit of a do with a bottle of red wine...

By the way, a great tip, I had double sided sticky tape weld itself to my new carpet, tried everything to get it off, was about to see if a cloth and iron would work. When a friend suggested lighter fluid, I was like what??? I had lighter gas, sprayed, and I'll be a monkeys uncle, peeled off like sellotape.. true!

1 person likes this.
  13. psymon*

psymon* shadilay

Hey GlenGlen,

They say that white wine cleans up red wine stains.

Now, do the exact same thing you did. But except with white wine, and rinse the stains right out. :)

1 person likes this.
  14. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

OK......So I Just Put Out Some White Wine And Already I Think It Is Making The Grout A Bit Lighter

So I'll Leave It For A Few Hours And See What Happens......[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

15. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

White wine or white vinegar soak and then wipe/wash it up...then do it again.

One of my favorite cleaners is one with a vinegar base. Its great to get staining stuff up without having to work so hard at it I give myself bursitis.

16. psymon*

psymon* shadilay

Hmmm I'm not digging the vinegar idea. When I was little, I once was reaching for the cookie jar in the pantry cupboard, and accidentally smashed a large bottle of vinegar all over the kitchen floor. I was spanked hard and made to get down on all fours and clean that mess up off the kitchen floor. The smell was too intense for little Psymon. It scarred him for life. At least white wine smells much nicer.

2 people like this.
  17. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I know I should NOT want to laugh my ass off at that....but I'm sorry :rofl: I can't help it. Poor thing...spanked and having to clean up that dang vinegar. lol (I got spanked quite often but never made to clean anything that I can ever remember...probably because Mama barely knew how to do any cleaning herself.)

This little story about "smells" might just thrill your socks off then - I often use the vinegar based cleaning spray when one of the cats vomit. It takes up any stain and any odor.

:D

18. Lodog

Lodog ¿

I spilled grape juice in the kitchen.

It'll be wine... soon

2 people like this.