Lush Bars For Hairy Pits. Yay Or Nay?

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by fundoo, Jul 28, 2017.

1. fundoo

fundoo Members

Awe come on now. Clearly you enjoy reading my posts, so you shouldn't say that! :)
    Goodnight Glen! Or um, Cheers! :)

2. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Are Lush bars soap, or detergent? Do they list SLS?

I've had full pits since 1995. I use a crystal deodorant, or rubbing alcohol with essential oils. I do currently have an issue, but I think I have a spider bite in my pit, as I have a couple others elsewhere. Too much EO and a bite is a burning, painful thing.

If I'm ill, it comes through my pores. It's actually an early warning system for me.
    I will take chlorophyll tablets, or wheatgrass juice, to nullify that.
    The other time my pits get strong is sexyfuntimes. Some chlorophyll in advance helps.

3. fundoo

fundoo Members

i read this months ago, not logged in, but um Lush bars are a soap, (i think?) no SLS (i think?) here's the ingredients list
    http://www.lushusa.com/shower/soap/respect-your-elders/06053.html

----
    since this original post, I've now tried "essential oil" (it's more like coconut oil blend thing) plus baking soda dabbed over top. Seems to be working nicely. I had forgotten about the rubbing alcohol. That sounds like it'd make your eyes and nose burn applying it everyday thoug!

I've also since just stopped the Lush bar. Use regular Dial soap. Not sure if it was the Lush to be the cause or the combination of it and the "coming through pores", due to illness or "illness" (lots of mind over matter battles lately) as you've suggested. Unfortunately, shower does not fix that much. :/

4. drumminmama

Yes, that a soap (fat plus lye-sodium hydroxide).

Dial is a detergent bar.

5. fundoo

fundoo Members

Huh! A detergent bar?! What's that then? Never heard of this! And is it harsher by chance? (Or maybe stronger is a better word) I can tolerate it now, but it used to irritate my skin. Not in the burning sense, but just that it like, well, made my skin squeakier, as in the phrase "squeaky clean", which to me used to feel really uncomfortable. Hmm.

6. drumminmama

OK, soap is fat saponified with lye. This can be done easily at home.

Detergents are oil-derived, originally petroleum, but now many plant oils have their molecules fracked to become cleansers.

Shampoo (commercial), dish liquid, most household cleaners, all detergents. Any "soap" marketed as residue free, detergent.

7. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Hey !!! No fair !! Strong pit smell adds to a sexyfuntime.

My partner's smell is one of the good things about waking up together and is a plus during sex.

1 person likes this.
  8. drumminmama

I'm just taking it down a notch. Think stress stink going away and leaving her scent.

9. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

DMama, you are a real woman who is uninterested in becoming a fantasy.

[​IMG][​IMG]

(or at least no more than our happy little minds will conjure. (And our minds do conjure, don't they?) :) )

10. drumminmama

Baby, I AM a fantasy. Or so I hear.