Lush Bars For Hairy Pits. Yay Or Nay?

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by fundoo, Jul 28, 2017.

1. fundoo

fundoo Members

Ok, so the question is prompted by a use of the Lush body bar soaps, however, I would welcome any alternatives for washing hairy pits.

Yea yea. I recently made the choice to stop shaving. No biggie. But my concern is and always was the odor. I never had any problems until yesterday though. And I think it might be the soap (I hope!), because I literally washed yesterday and just again now, and the smell is still there!

I'm currently using Respect your Elders by Lush. (Last scent didn't give me problems, but I was still growing out I suppose) My SO says that these are not real soaps. (Umm...) But I mean, perhaps some scents are not complimentary to everyone? Or do folks who don't shave use something different for underarm care? Do you use shampoo??
    Thanks!

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

Listerine mouthwash.. followed by soap and water.

3. morrow

morrow Visitor

Where there's hair, there is bugs, best go bare, nothing worse than seeing hairy pits on a woman, oh yeah, smelly hairy pits..

Get a good deodorant, pref a roll on, dove blue is good..

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

so men have bugs?

1 person likes this.
  5. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Use This Amazing Invention Called" Soap"......You May Have To Search Far And Wide To Find

Some But Trust Me It's Worth It.......[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

4 people like this.
  6. morrow

morrow Visitor

Sure they do, and women, personally, I think most men take better care because they don't shave their pits.

7. Varmint

Varmint Member

My former once told me how much she liked a douche she was using. I told her that it may smell great in the bottle, but when mixed with HER it smelled rancid. I then informed her that certain products just don't mix well with some people's chemistry. Same for soaps and body washes. Apple Cider Vinegar mixed with water is best for the douche, and stinging means a likely yeast or other infection which should be checked. Stinging subsides when the infections goes away. I can't tell you what to use for other soaps deoderants, but a trip to an independant health food store might prove enlightening.

Your significant other is your best friend here. Ask away, and try not to be offended by his/her ineptitude and answering. Not many ask, and fewer wish to answer for fear of reprisals.

1 person likes this.
  8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I shave my armpits so I dunno if I can really answer

But I use very mild, natural soap. Not lush but similar. And I don't wear deodorant, I use coconut oil and essential oil and never really have a problem with smell. I dont think you should have a smell right after bathing no matter what type of soap you use. Hot water with any kind of soap should wash away bacteria and dirt. . I wouldnt think hair would have anything to do with it either or men would walk around smelling bad all the time.

Sometimes what you eat can really affect your body odor, thats the only thing I can really think of

OH actually I do have another theory..when I first switched and started using the diy coconut oil deodorant I did have an adjustment period. Maybe if you were using a harsh soap with chemicals in it your body is adjusting to using a milder soap now

9. fundoo

fundoo Members

Seriously??!!
    ------------------------------

I'm just gonna use this post to say that I don't smell now. It's the weirdest thing! Maybe it was just stuck in my nose or just my memory or something. Will keep an eye out, or nose rather (hahah) for any change.

Thanks all!

10. fundoo

fundoo Members

Actually, I am wondering about the food (or gut really) stuff. Not been 100percent well today, so yeah, could be that too. :/

11. fundoo

fundoo Members

Ahh Glen! Tsk tsk. I was asking for soap suggestions! I guess I was asking, is Lush a soap, but you aren't the Lush user now are you. :)

12. fundoo

fundoo Members

Lol men have bugs but somehow take better care?! Love your logic, Morrow! Lmao

13. Varmint

Varmint Member

Now THAT is funny. I don't smell, either, but my nose doesn't work. Also, last spring through fall I hardly bathed at all. I went swimming in a clean lake all day, every day I could. I did have to wash my hair at least every 2-3 days, though, or it would give me that "drowned rat" look. I think my scalp is rather oily. Nobody told me that I stank, and my friends wouldn't hesitate to do so, as they know it's almost impossible to offend me due to my love of blunt honesty.

14. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

[​IMG]?

1 person likes this.
  15. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Iv'e Been Wondering The Same Thing...... Does The Word "Bug" Apply To Knats And Fleas.......Or Is

It Being Wrongly Used Here As A Description Of "Body Odor"....???....[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  16. fundoo

fundoo Members

Ran out of likes again! *shrugs

Haha omg! Well, first, I love that movie/Molly Shannon. So funny!

But um yea, I don't stink and well I guess I was smelling because I was overdue for a bath before. But good now. Point now is, I don't smell, but the flies picking on me (these stupid flies!) Really are not helping my confidence. What do they find so appealing about me. My God! Leave me alone you stupid buggers!! Lol

17. fundoo

fundoo Members

Oh God! I have bugs! Lmao! (See above) ughhh! As long as they stay away from my hair! :)

18. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Just Like All Of Your Other Posts........I Have No Bloody Idea What The Hell You Are Talking About......[​IMG].

Do You Have Any Idea Yourself....???

Cheers Glen.

19. fundoo

fundoo Members

Yes. Exactly!

Hahaha

If you are serious, I was saying in another thread, I have a gnats infestation in my home. Well, a few. But managing them now. And you mentioned bugs in this thread. And then this damn pesky fly was swarming all over me as I made that last post and it is annoying as hell.. And I call them buggers, because they are buggers, but I stole that from the lingo, oh and then I started thinking about this discussion about my fly problem last year I had with another group and also about chats about buggers oh and also how they might have thought that was weird or why they are now calling me weird. Ugh! *Insert head spinning emojjii

Yea I know what I'm on about. Just explain it poorly as it jumbles in my brain. Lol

Peace!

20. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Ok.....Enough Is Enough....If I Have To Read Just One More Of Your Bizzare Posts I'm Going To

Throw Myself Under The Next Train... :yikes: ...How Could You Possibly Sleep At Night

Knowing That.......[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.