`time To Begin Writing The Final Chapters?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by NoxiousGas, Jul 27, 2017.

1. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

feeling sorry for yourself...
    maybe you should read it, you may find something that helps put it into perspective, after all that is why I typed it, to help me put things into a new perspective. ;)

1 person likes this.
  2. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

that calls into question the motivation and intention for the action of serving others.
    actions mean little overall, it is the intention that elicits the action that is of value and import when looking into the mirror.
    Lots of people do wonderful service for others for completely selfish and self serving reasons/intentions.

3. fundoo

fundoo Members

That's brilliant!

4. fundoo

fundoo Members

Read it and I think it's a good perspective (I think?) The mirror stuff. Do onto others type thing. Except the trick is, and I struggle with this, when we do onto others, it needs to be what they need and not always what we WANT to give. And sometimes that still just blows up, but hey! We are staying positive here, right? So usually, and I have noticed this, when we go into a situation or relationship with positivity, generally speaking, you will get positivity back. I'm not making this up! Not always easy, but the work makes it more rewarding.
    :)
    Anyway, I did read that, so, people listen. Even strangers. Even weirdos :) (ok, sorry, different thread and ...and well, I'm just. Lol How can people make something so fun, IMO, into a bad thing?! Weird is interesting!! Ok, sorry to stray from the topic.) You're alright though! I've enjoyed your posts today. :)

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

A wank is always a reason to wake up

Also there is bacon, coffee, those youtube videos where people dip their hands in squishy stuff

Secretly cut through the grounding cable on your parents toaster, you'd have more time for those videos

Just sayin

6. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Fail To See The Reasoning In This Post....???

Cheers Glen.

7. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Cheer up Brah
    You'll be getting married in a couple of months.

My Hungarian Gyppo bloodline intuition says so.

8. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Ntm, a cool low voice...no homo

I wouldn't mind having a voice like ng. Lots of $$$$ in radio and voiceover commercials.

9. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

My take:

He is reasoning that other people (family) provide the majority of meaning in life.

Makes me a bit sad. That aside, if you really think that, Spiff, then the potential to meet someone tomorrow should be enough of a reason to wake up.

1 person likes this.
  10. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

but if the only thing we can be 1000% certain of is our own experiences, where does that place family????
    it could all be illusion for our ultimate growth and advancement.
    think about it, lots of stuff is very much personal......why?

11. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

I challenge folks to think for one day they are the only actual being in the universe and everything has been orchestrated for your benefit and spiritual advancement.

12. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

This is why I don't leave my property...

2 people like this.
  13. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Today's Teenagers Are So "Entitled" They Think The Universe Was Created For Them And We Are

All Their Servants..... :)

Cheers Glen.

14. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

oh hell, you guys, you know I don't mean it that way....

but in more of a "look yourself in the eye with no lies or bullshit and be ready to get bitch slapped" kinda way...
    mirror time

1 person likes this.
  15. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

My New House Has 6 Big Mirrors......I Close My Eyes As I Walk Past Them...... :bigcry: ... :wheelchair: ... :bigcry:

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  16. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Nox, you have mentioned before having the ability to "know" when something is going to happen. I can't help but wonder if you are "feeling" something is going to (or maybe going to) happen regarding that horrendous 33 mile commute 1 way....only maybe your brain isn't letting that part through - it just wants you thinking...

I think it is an excellent idea for ALL people (especially those here lol) to periodically re-evaluate themselves in relationship to those they interact with the most, as well as how you treat people and animals in general.

In the grand scheme of things your "final chapter" could last for 30+ more years...but its never too early to begin writing what you want/intend the final chapters to be.

But regarding your question above:

If I'm the only one and all of "this" has been orchestrated for me and my spiritual advancement....I'm ok with that. I've damn sure learned some things along the way. Even when I didn't want to :D

BUT if there was a LOT of effort expended in putting me through this life (of much hell)...I would rather as much effort not been put into it. ;)

17. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

OH!!! Lordy mercy...I feel like a fool....Nox, you already have another job! smh I really felt like you would and I guess that is why I said that above.

Starting new jobs is one of the most stressful things there is. At least with me it is! In fact, starting a new job is enough to make me (and probably many others) think about writing a final chapter.

I think it will be a good idea (like you said) to wait to imbibe the medicine you know works until after the physical and you're there working at least a month. Some places wait until a person is there and on the job for a good minute before springing that damn piss test on them.

18. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

^...His New Job Is With The Same Company He Works For Now......Just Much Closer To Home...... :)

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  19. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

it is a franchise based business, which means the $200+ cost of a piss test comes out of their pocket, not corporate, so the likelihood of being tested is slim, but I'm gonna still abstain until I know it's not gonna happen.
    I have crossed the hump and could go another week or another year without smoking, but the booze is another story, which forces me to ask "why?"
    (drank another third of a bottle tonight...:( )

but after a long talk with one of my girls, it is very apparent that my marriage is no longer conducive to healthy growth any longer and is adversely affecting them, (duh) especially my youngest and needs to come to an end.
    My girls are more valuable to me than anything, so anything to better their experience in life is worth any personal sacrifice.

much crap to contend with........................booze ain't the answer.....

guess I need to look a little deeper into the mirror.....

but on a plus note it only took 45 minutes to get home from work tonight..... :rolleyes:
    two more weeks, two more weeks, two more weeks.....

20. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

but honestly, take anything, such as a love song and consider it as meant for you, from/to "god (whatever that means to you) and it takes on a much deeper meaning, or try to relate anything to your personal life/situation, can learn a lot...
    either that or I'm a highly functioning schizophrenic... :unsure: