Wanna?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Deleted member 159087, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Have you ever asked anybody or has anyone ever asked you "Want to go barefoot"?

1 person likes this.
  2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

not that i recall? i think most people, myself included, just don't care that much what other people are wearing.

3. SoftSoles

SoftSoles Member

I can't say that I've ever been asked by, or have persuaded, anyone to go barefoot. The reasons I choose to go barefoot are for my own reasons (largely barefoot running), so I'd never encourage another to do the same, unless barefoot activity was something that an individual sought interest in.

Again, through running in my bare feet, I do encounter individuals who are curious as to my lack of footwear (mostly other runners), but when pausing to discuss the reasons I'm barefoot, I don't necessarily insist that other runners try it. That said, I do regularly show my soles to other (shod) runners, allowing them to see that barefoot running doesn't lead to the formation of blistering and calluses.

Granted, my soles may be a little dirty, but invariably, they're in far greater condition than those who confess to applying plasters over their blisters, so that they can continue to run.

That said, my sister-in-law finds it hilarious that I run in my bare feet (she's not a runner), proceeding to call me Zola; something I take in good faith, since (Gianfranco) Zola was also a very talented footballer in his prime. Somehow, though, I don't think that she's drawing reference to a footballer, by bestowing such a name upon me.

4. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

Zola Budd:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zola_Budd

I don't try to persuade, nor convince others. In the distant past, when I wasn't yet barefoot, some people during the hot summers tried to pester me into taking my shoes off, but I always found that rude and annoying. I don't go around telling other people when they should strip away pieces of their clothing, please show me the same courtesy.

2 people like this.
  5. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

I can't agree more. I've experienced the same thing especially when I was younger, in fact I was quite shy about removing shoes and socks in front of others. Not everyone is comfortable about being barefoot like we are here...

1 person likes this.
  6. mattygroves

mattygroves Members

I persuaded my friend to go barefoot while we were at the seaside yesterday.

Didn't take much doing, he always goes barefoot at home and often goes out in flip flops so he's not foot shy, in fact we met at a yoga class, so the first few times we saw each other we were both barefoot.

We parked just a few yards from the beach and I suggested he may as well leave his flip flops in the car, would be pointless carrying them wouldn't it?

After a while on the beach we decided to go into town, he was a bit unsure whether to go barefoot but I talked him into it.

We went all around the amusements and the town center both of us barefoot for the rest of the day, it was great.

His feet were a little sore when we came home, but I think he enjoyed it.

1 person likes this.
  7. SoftSoles

SoftSoles Member

Indeed M_Ranko,

That's exactly who she refers to, when calling me Zola.

Like I said, though, I do find it rather humorous.

8. SoftSoles

SoftSoles Member

Although your friend may regularly go bare foot at home, matty, it's not surprising to hear that his feet felt a little sore upon returning home.

Walking upon sand certainly can be challenging for the uninitiated, particularly if the heels sink into it, resulting in fatigue of the plantar fascia and calf muscles. The fact he then proceeded to bare his sensitive soles to harsher surfaces will have no doubt exacerbated the fatigue and soreness encountered.

Nonetheless, since going barefoot at the beach is something that most don't even give a second thought towards, it presented the perfect setting for you to introduce your friend to your lifestyle - hopefully one that he begins to embrace more frequently.

1 person likes this.
  9. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

Once. Never tried again