Dr. Frederick Lenz On Taoism....

Discussion in 'Taoism' started by Ajay0, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

A link on the sayings of Dr. Frederick Lenz on Taoism…

Quotations by Dr. Frederick Lenz, Rama on the Tao Te Ching, the Way of Life, Lao Tsu, Taoism, Yin, Yang, Confuscism, Hexagrams, and the I Ching.

Years back, I had gone through some notes on Taoism , but couldn’t make much of it due to its poetical nature which I found a bit vague and mystical.

It was through Lenz’s sayings that I was able to delve into the nature of Taoism and Tao and comprehend it better.

Some insightful sayings of Lenz's....

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    Running Horse and BlackBillBlake like this.
  2. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I can go with that

3. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Good stuff. Years ago I read Alan Watts 'The Watercourse Way' which makes much of the water symbolism. I'd recommend it to anyone trying to understand the basics.

After about 40 years of looking at the Yi Jing, I have probably imbibed more of the spirit of Taoism from that source than any other.

4. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
    ― Bruce Lee