Could Trump Lose His Job Over Russia?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by kaoking1007, Jul 19, 2017.

1. kaoking1007

kaoking1007 Members

[media]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNjk-LzF4XE[/media]

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

1 new member.
    3 new trump threads.

3. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

That's OK If They Remain In The Politics Section......BUT.....Should They Escape We Should

All Be Afraid...... :D

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

and zero actual words. all threads are just a video with no comment.

5. kaoking1007

kaoking1007 Members

what's wrong with that?

6. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Noting wrong with it. It just comes across as spammy with no personal thought to contribute.

3 people like this.
  7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't know, i've seen moderators close threads for it so i assumed it was against an actual rule.

it's sure unlikely to generate any discussion, because why would i take the time to watch a video posted by a stranger without even some sort of question or comment to consider while watching it?

8. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

According to the Washington Post this is what it would take to impeach Trump:

Actually removing a president from office is a three-step process. First, a majority of the House of Representatives would have to vote in favor of impeachment. That means at least 218 out of 435 members of the House would need to cast ballots to impeach the president. As of today, Republicans hold 238 seats while Democrats hold 193, and four seats are vacant. That means Democrats would need to persuade 25 Republicans to vote to impeach Trump, which doesn't seem likely.

Second, the president would face trial in the Senate. Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. would preside over the trial.

Third, the Senate would vote on whether to convict or acquit Trump. Two-thirds of the Senate would have to vote in favor of conviction for Trump to be removed from office — a pretty high bar, given that it's hard for either party to get even the 60 votes needed to overcome a legislative filibuster these days.

So unless the Republicans finally face the fact that he's an embarrassment to them and that he has to go, we may be in for a full 4 years. So please vote Democrat in 2018 and 2020.

1 person likes this.
  9. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

Exactly, impeachment is an amazing waste of time that only benefits lawyers. It's not a magic bullet.

10. kaoking1007

kaoking1007 Members

Topic is for everyone, welcome to discuss. I am newbie here

11. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I doubt he will loose his job. In fact he still has a good shot at reelection. No Republican will dare challenge him and I see all of this Russia stuff just going away. Most people will accept it happened but it will be chalked up to typical politcal corruption. The Democrats will not find a strong candidate and will not do anything to address the Bernie situation which cost them an entire generation of voters. So as much as he is disliked he still has a shot of winning again.

12. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

welcome to hipforums. i'm not trying to be a dick or anything, just giving an FYI that on this particular forum at least, your posts will be better received if you start the discussion yourself alongside any videos you post.

13. newo

You're making a lot of assumptions considering we're less than a year into his administration. If he continues to accomplish nothing and not live up to his campaign promises then his supporters will turn elsewhere. Maybe he'll simply not run for re-election, he would be 74. Then maybe Pence will throw his hat in the ring, along with who knows who else from the motley crew that is the GOP.

As for the Democrats they have a couple years to come up with a viable candidate, we shall see.

14. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

That is what is scary to me. His hardcore supporters will never abandon him. He does not have to "acomplish anything" other then to tweet and blame the systwem. Because it is his supporters belief that he is a savior fighting this system. So any lack of productivity is the system fighting him not his incompetence. If fact it proves he's a good leader because people are standing in his way. They don't see the impossibility of things like the border wall and travel bans. Also I think many Republicans will vote for him because he is the guy with the R next to his name. They don't like him but they HATE Demarcates. All the Republicans need to do is sell the idea that there is a massive grass roots movement to beat Trump. Which there will be but if you are a good American at all reelect him. We know he's not perfect but come on can we risk an Obama or a Hillary? No we can not so let's work on Trump. I mean he has gotten better compared to 4 years ago. He has politcal experience now which is good even though the lack of it was the selling point now. This sounds ridiculous to me but in the last 7 months I have learned logic no longer applies to his people. It's a very tribal thing and they are at war.

1 person likes this.
  15. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Yeah. Didn't they have like 16 candidates or something? Initially there were SO many it was funny to joke about. I can't get a straight answer from google about this. Maybe I've worded it wrong...

16. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

And yet we get (possibly) the worst of the bunch. I have no idea how Trump got the nomination.

2 people like this.
  17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Just curious, who was your pick?

I dont think the political establishment ever would have allowed this to happen, but I was hoping for a Rand Paul/Bernie Sanders showdown.

18. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I like Rand Paul, but I loved his dead. We need more Republicans like him. I was on board with some of what Rubio and Kasich were about--more so with Kasich. He was kind of a prick, but he didn't let his personal views influence his politics which has proven to be conservatism's biggest problem.

In the end though, I ended up voting for Gary Johnson. He's Libertarian lite, but lite Libertarianism seems to have more in line with what the GOP used to stand for than today's conservatism does.

1 person likes this.
  19. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Trump wasn't the best of the republican clown car. I agree with you that Rand was my preferred one too. But when you saw the pricks the GOP decided to run this year: Jeb, Cristy, Graham, Santorum, Huckabee, all way worse than Trump IMO.

Trump won because he became one with the counterculture.

20. newo

A conservative counterculture?