Buy Nothing Day

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Joshua Tree, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I don't care about material things, other than good beer and marijuana.

2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i like things i can make things with, but i don't send money over the internet, and pretty much any day i'm not getting low on groceries is a buy nothing day for me.

maybe once or twice a year i'll have a buy something day. but only something i've thought long and hard about the tradeoffs between having and having the reserves it would deplete to do so.

yah i'm that infamously stingy old fart, who the only reason i don't have to eat cat food, is by not owning a car.

3. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I need to save. So there'll be many no spend days for me. I'm saving for things that will have purpose in my life. Some more music gear. A computer specified to run the latest version of Cubase. Just a few things, then I can slow the acquisition of stuff down. Mostly everything I own fits in my thankfully large room.

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Good sound system?

5. Sometimes need stuff. Food. Food stamps. Money from government. Should come soon or worse problems than already.

Like to go to thrift stores. Find t-shirts, pants. Cuorduroys. Books. Music. Knick-nacks. Things find.

Musician equipment. Paints. Canvas. Don't need much. Go see movies. Going to see IT on Friday. Have massive arsenal of bizarre weaponry. Beaureaucrats think need to go through motions. Just give me money owed.

1 person likes this.