How Often Do You Get Drunk?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, Jul 18, 2017.

1. TipsyGypsy

TipsyGypsy Light of a Fading Star

Awww thank you :)

1 person likes this.
  2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Rarely. I don't drink that much on an evening. Mostly get tipsy.

3. TipsyGypsy

Get me what?

:D

1 person likes this.
  4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

5. Asmodean

Diet pepsi

6. TipsyGypsy

7. Asmodean

I rarely drink on my own btw. Then it would be 2 beers max. I prefer to smoke weed if i want to relax on my own.

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

same. i wish there was a reasonable way to get some short of moving to colorado.

1 person likes this.
  9. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

When I Was Young I Couldn't Drink On My Own......It Had To Be In The Company Of Friends.

Now I'm Middle Aged I Love Sitting On The Veranda Sipping Wine For Hours By Myself...... :wheelchair:

Cheers Glen.

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

One night several years ago after a night out drinking with friends I found myself in my kitchen pounding beers by myself. But I also realized that wasnt a good thing to do, never did it again. I don't really think drinking alone is healthy. Having a drink or two alone is fine, I like to have a couple of drinks and watch Yuri Norstein cartoons sometimes..but I think having more than a couple and getting drunk alone is a fine way to cross into alcoholism territory, which I'm always careful to avoid. Plus drinking alone is lonely which I guess is why I gravitate towards sad Russian cartoons when I do have a couple of drinks by myself lol

11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i do think there's a difference between getting drunk alone and continuing to drink after getting drunk with friends. it's not unusual after a drunk night with friends for me to drink another beer or two when i'm winding down at home and listening to music. of course, that's also the only time i get to listen to decent music while drunk, since my friends have shitty taste.

this is usually when i make strange late night hipforums posts as well. so in a way, it's still pseudo-social i guess.

12. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Yup......We Noticed That...... :D

Cheers Glen.

13. Asmodean

I'm so spoiled in that regard :-D Sometimes I just have to make myself a bit conscious that my country is an exception. Especially when going to a festival over the border.. Rules (and opportunities to get it) change instantly and drastic...

14. Asmodean

Isn't the pizza delivery boy a 50/50 chance of getting a hookup over there? Like, you just try a couple of different ones and ask them and sooner or later you find one that knows a good dealer? Perhaps not as ideal as a coffeeshop but still.

15. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

I used - one was too many and a thousand never enough

However, after I had expended enough blood and treasure to "catch myself on" (that's an Ulster expression), I just stopped drinking - many, many years ago

and quit smoking a few years later

which leaves few pleasures (other than Netflix)

16. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

After consuming a baffling amount of alcohol in my 20s and early 30s I stopped drinking. I got used to drinking every night for awhile there. I don't remember for how long. At one point it was a 6 pack plus whatever else I could scrounge for. Later than that and more recently it was a bottle of flavored vodka and a bag of ice I could blend into smoothies. :) I'm glad I quit! I lost 30 lbs. and kept off around 20 lbs or so.

17. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

5 or 6 times a year and that's only when I;m on vacation or have a long holiday weekend.

18. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

that's not wrong. it's kind of the only reason i miss working in pizza places; i always was able to find some somewhere. but it's still pretty risky in my case because i have a semi-high profile job in a small town full of busybodies. i bring up weed in front of 10 strangers, and 7 of them will tell someone who will tell someone who will tell my boss.

19. Vanessa94

Vanessa94 Members

Im drunk like 3-4 times a week. Always on weekends plus 1-2 other evenings. And yeah I know its quite often but Ive always had a thing for drinking and my hubby loves me getting trashed. Party on!

20. ahsorandy

ahsorandy Members

I haven't been drunk, really drunk, in over 30 years, at least!

Seems about the same time frame for having sex. LOL