How Often Do You Get Drunk?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I get drunk at least once, usually twice per week, which I feel is too often. It's not always intentional, but there are so many beers to try and such little time. It's also hard for me to stop after I have had a few and am feeling good, though during the work week it isn't a problem to stop after one or two. The nights going back to work after having a night off are the worst. From 2013-2015 I didn't drink any alcohol at all. I felt so much better. But I really like beer!

4 people like this.
  2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Usually only when there is a special occasion to celebrate or one of my friends throw a party, which is not very often. Maybe once every couple of months if that. My body cant really tolerate it anymore, it ruins me for the next day

I do like to get a good 2 or 3 beer day buzz every couple of weeks but I stop before I cross the drunk threshold

1 person likes this.
  3. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Not often enough?

1 person likes this.
  4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Never...

2 people like this.
  5. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Not since high school and even then I didn't really like it like other kids seemed to.

6. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I usually have a bottle of wine at the weekend. How do you define drunk? I mean there's tipsy and then there's crawling home on your knees paralytic. I've been there, but I haven't really been properly drunk for about eighteen months I would say. I don't like losing control, bedspin and alcohol remorse.

7. Banned Drama Queen

Banned Drama Queen Idiot

I'll have the occasional beer if the mood strikes... every so often if I'm catching up with friends I don't mind catching a little buzz (3-4 drinks) but I think the last time I was really feeling it was at a Halloween party I was hosting... I wasn't driving and someone made a punch that probably had more than I realized in it ha ha... but Saturday all bets are off at the wedding... I won't go nuts but I'm staying in a hotel with a shuttle going back and forth and lots of old friends dating back to my high school era so I do plan to have my fun...

...man I sound like an old man, but I get drunk less than 4-5 times a year probably... something about those IPAs in the summer time though :)

1 person likes this.
  8. Uncut

Uncut Members

Too much. I am in the same boat as the OP. I love beer and once I have one I have a hard time stopping. Life's too short ...have a beer

9. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

YES! I was never a huge beer drinker before I discovered IPAs. They really go well with a nice hearty meal. Except for seafood. Gimme a pile of clams, cod, scallops, shrimp, with a side of boiled red potatoes and a cold stout.

Sorry...my grandfather taught me how to properly eat.

1 person likes this.
  10. Banned Drama Queen

Banned Drama Queen Idiot

Sounds like he did... I love stouts when it's cold or in the fall... but yeah these IPAs have turned me into a little bit of a beer snob (not on purpose)... I don't enjoy all the light beers that I used to...

11. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Never [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Last Time I Was Under The Weather Would Have Been About 18 Years Ago.

I Love Drinking Wine And I Can Drink For Hours But Only Enough To "Mellow Out" Then Maintain

That Pleasant Warm and Fuzzy Feeling.......[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  13. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

For some odd reason I don't believe you....

2 people like this.
  14. Banned Drama Queen

Banned Drama Queen Idiot

Yes, that mellow feeling for me too... and that's it... I've never been a real big drinker but I do enjoy a really good cold beer... warm and fuzzy indeed

15. morrow

morrow Visitor

About 12 months ago, it was awful.. daughter in law has her own bar, and a merry old place it is!!!!

I'm ok drinking red wine, but when the music went up in that bar, and they started doing shots, well, I just lost the plot.. I don't have a clue how I got home, and that scared me.. never again, and I mean it..

Now, on the rare occasions, I get tipsy, but that's it, and I don't mix my drinks!

16. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I'm about the same as the OP but instead of 1 or 2. It's usually 2 or 3. I know it's too much but I don't care as long as I don't bother anyone else with it.

17. Candybuttons

Candybuttons Sweet Member

Once a week, but if I didn't get hungover I would do it everyday lol

18. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

FIXED...... :D

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  19. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

How do you define drunk? Like how do you know you are drunk rather than tipsy?

20. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Beach Ball Lady Balls Banned

Every now and then. As in just about every weekend. Its easy to flirt drunk guys into buying me drinks.