Shame Me Please. I'm Getting Fat

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Fueled by Coffee, Jul 17, 2017.

1. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

OK, here's a home video of your workout regiment

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  2. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I'd pay for your tuba shadowing services.

Then as I get in shape you'll be jogging behind me with a tuba trying to keep up :D

1 person likes this.
  3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I've never been particularly consistent with exercise. I started running daily when I was 20 or so and doing pushups and other little arm exercises but I only kept that routine up for a year or so. And then for a few years years I didn't really need to exercise because I was so active, I would go on 10 mile hikes every weekend and long walks every night and kayaking a lot in the summer, not for exercise but just because I enjoyed it. Then I had a baby and post partum depression and didn't work out for a long time, I just started getting back into it in the last year or two. I have a routine I do now but I'm still not really consistent about it. But I also ride my bike a good bit on the weekends and I can walk for hours so I'm fairly active

My recommendation with exercise is just to find something you enjoy so it doesnt feel like exercise, like biking and walking and hiking is for me. I also view being active as a way to cope with the fact that I'm high strung and neurotic, I always have a lot of nervous energy so I look at exercise as a way to channel my energy into a more productive form. So that helps motivate me because I know if I don't stay active I'll start acting insane about the house being clean and waking up terrified of a tree falling on me or 10,000 other ways I could die. Exercise keeps me sane, you should try it, it can be a great motivating factor !

4. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

No I Refuse To Shame You.......In Fact Quite The Opposite.......I Find Those "Love Handles" Very Handy

For When I Have To Hang On When The "Ride Gets Rough".........[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  5. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

I've always had an issue with exercise. It's not so much that I'm lazy. It's just that there is a lot I can't physically do due to my medical conditons. I've tried a lot over the years, and it always ended up with me quitting because I would be more tired, in more pain, and then that would piss me off. You know how people say they get so happy when they exercise? I'm the opposite. I get mad.

I do walk because I have dogs, and I don't have a car. I commute via public transportation and walking. That's pretty much all the exercise I do, unless I have to do some physical therapy. Which I have from time to time due to my medical conditons.

I totally agree that you need to find an exercise that doesn't feel like exercising, but I've been trying on and off for the past couple of years to find something like that, and nothing seems to work out. I've wasted so much money already on classes of some sort, like yoga, dance classes, etc. All of it too much for me.

I do want to ride my bike, I have a boy's dirt bike, lol. But, I don't want to ride it on the street.

You know what I need? I need an exercise that is targeted for people who have medical issues. But, that's harder to find than you would think.

I feel like I'm making excuses. But, I really do want to exercise. I feel like it's apart of human life. It's not about losing weight and achieving a certain body type. Even though, a lot of people do it for this reason. I think exercising is just something you have to do as a human being. And I want to do it too. I feel like a failure if I don't. Also, like most people... I don't want to become overnight. Not so much because I'm vein. But, because I don't want to make things that much harder for my body by becoming underweight or overweight. Eventually, my lack of exercising is going to catch up to me. I'm young now, and can go without it, but sooner or later... I'm going to get that big booty and them thick thighs.

6. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I am at my fattest since my epic weight loss in 2012. Damn craft beer!! Conversely, I am stronger than ever and can lift weight I never thought possible.

I am getting compliments telling me I look better now than I did 3 years ago. I kind of agree. I do look more handsome with a little bit of pudge on me.

7. 6-eyed shaman

Oh stop it! You silly goose! :D

You know I'll always be your love handle

1 person likes this.
  8. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Fuck off, twat!! Glenn is my #1 daddy!!!

1 person likes this.
  9. 6-eyed shaman

I see your POV of it. And while I can understand your argument behind it, in that taking jabs at someone's insecurity might make their mindset worse in some instances. Do you think that by ignoring and tolerating someone's bad habits because you love and care about them, will do them any good in the long run? I mean, if someone you loved and cared about was making terrible health and lifestyle decisions with their bodies, is it worse to scorn them and tell them that they need to fix their habits? Or is it worse to paint an illusion that they are healthy at any size or state of well being, even if they are shaving decades off their age of life expectancy?

Personally, I think it's worse to build a wall of denial around a person who's lifestyle choices are killing them. And that it's better to give that person tough love instead.

1 person likes this.
  10. 6-eyed shaman

You wanna take this outside, punk?

1 person likes this.
  11. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Now Now Boys No Need To Get All Male Aggro Over Me........I'm Sure There Is Enough Of GLEN

For Both Of You..... Didn't Your Parents Tell You To Share Your Toys....... :D

Cheers Glen.

12. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

Well, when I made that comment to Meliai is was in reflection to her co-workers. As in people who don't know her personally, and probably don't actually care about her. In saying that I find that the people who are most criticizing in regards to your body are basically complete strangers that don't know you personally to have the right to make such statements, and probably don't actually care about you, even though they claim that they're "helping you out" or your body makes them "concern".

Now, if it comes from a place of love and care, if the person knows you well, if the person is close to you... I can see making a considerate statement about your appearance. But, even then I don't think they should mock and/or criticize you.

If you are making a statement about someone's appearance because of some selfish reason of your own, such as you simply just don't like looking at someone who is so-and-so body type, then I think you should keep your mouth shut.

13. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

@ op...i will give your request my best shot

lose some weight you fat fuck....

:)

14. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Dude.........You Insult 6-e..... You Insult Me Aswell.....Do I Make Myself Perfectly Clear Here...???...[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

15. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

If you wanna die before you are 55-60, please continue! If you wanna live (probably) to be at least 75+....lose some weight bubba!

2 people like this.
  16. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

"i eat because i'm unhappy, and i'm unhappy because i eat"

the seminal words of fat bastard.

1 person likes this.
  17. ahsorandy

ahsorandy Members

Come on lard arse, get off your butt and exercise!

Oh, and, stop feeding that pie hole with pastry!

18. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

TIB........Where Have You Been...??... Life Here Hasn't Been The Same Without You......[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

19. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

I lost a lot of weight doing jujitsu.

Am now putting it slowly back on. I reccomend taking up a class in some form of excersize. The social and competitive aspects will provide the motivation you need.

20. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

every guy here is thinking this but no one can say it...pc and all that .....but it has to do with the women you fat fucks end up with.....and then come those blimp kids....

and then ....god forbid

walmart

1 person likes this.