The "why" Game...

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by NoxiousGas, Jul 16, 2017.

1. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

whenever I get all sad-sack, feeling sorry for myself and being a whiny dickhead, I ask myself "Why?' with the intention of being brutally, horrifically honest with myself and every answer my silly self puts as a answer or defense gets met with another "WHY?".

follow that chain down the rabbit hole of brutal self honesty and I ALWAYS find I'm whining and complaining for trivial, self serving reasons, motives and intentions not conducive to the ultimate goal of life.

"why are you mad about what happened?
    because it made me feel less than!
    WHY?
    because I deserve respect and should be shown it!!!!
    WHY?
    Because I earned it Dammit and others should recognize that!!
    WHY?
    Because if they been through what I have and learned what I have than they would understand!
    WHY?
    Well my life hasn't been all that great and hard!
    WHY?
    Because my Dad was a dick head and an asshole!!!!!!!!
    WHY?
    Because he married too young and didn't know how to handle marriage and family and decided to just say FUCK IT!!.
    WHY?
    Because he was young and naive at the time and didn't understand!
    WHY?
    Because that was the social expectations of the era he grew up in.

(the above is an example, but is a true discourse I had with myself before.)

and at this point I begin to realize that we are all prone to the same mistakes and errors in our life and understanding and forgiveness begin to make themselves known.
    I have learned a lot about myself and the reasons I react as I do at times to certain people /situations and it always boils down to forgiveness, compassion and understanding.

so next time you are all butthurt and defiant about something, have the balls to play the "WHY?" game with yourself with the intent of resolving it within yourself and nobody else.

remember,
    the only reality you can be certain of is the one experienced in your own mind
    AND
    everyone else you encounter is nothing more than a mirror.

3 people like this.
  2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

What's the ultimate goal in life? ;)

And are you sure those self serving reasons are trivial? I'm not. Doesn't hurt playing the why game though, I concur!

3. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

ultimate goal (IMHO) is to give more than you take in every aspect of life.
    can't do that if one is always playing the "blame game"

when it all boils down to the nitty-gritty, the only thing we have any control over at all is how we react to things/people and what we put out in response.

4. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

just blame it all on trump

2 people like this.
  5. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

They fuck you up, your mum and dad.
    They may not mean to, but they do.
    They fill you with the faults they had
    And add some extra, just for you.

But they were fucked up in their turn
    By fools in old-style hats and coats,
    Who half the time were soppy-stern
    And half at one another’s throats.

Man hands on misery to man.
    It deepens like a coastal shelf.
    Get out as early as you can,
    And don’t have any kids yourself.

3 people like this.
  6. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Why?

because I was just born a brooding soul....

That's why.

athough I can be a ray of sunshine to make anyone feel happy....and that makes me feel good to see people I love smile....but I then have to return to my sad self.

7. Banned Drama Queen

Banned Drama Queen Idiot

Why?

... because you're living the story written for you... and you're not dealt with anything you can't handle...

... because things will always get better

... because ups and downs are a natural, normal part of life

... because curveballs keep life from being boring

... because you're human

... because you were born to

2 people like this.
  8. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I came back to say....wow, that was not a pity post I wrote. i was being brutally honest with my feelings of the day with myself....and I am not always sad. i actually felt happier saying it before....so I don't really know what I meant....but I do take most things very seriously.....and I am a deep thinker......so it might seem like I brood alot, too....

but I want people I love to be happy....My parents never really were.....and it hurt me most of my life that they were not basically with the ways things were....but my mom could be happy go lucky and silly at times.

i guess my dad could be silly, too.....but his basic self was sad.

9. Banned Drama Queen

Banned Drama Queen Idiot

Definitely didn't feel like a pity post... I tried to "like" it but I got a message that says I maxed out for the day... maybe because I'm a new member...

... deep thinkers are what you want... Shallow is boring and not genuine :) I do hope you've got enough happiness in your life

10. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Why?

Because.

11. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

I feel like a bitch every time I say this, but....

... life doesn't always get better for some people.

/bitchmodeoff

12. Banned Drama Queen

Banned Drama Queen Idiot

Im sorry to hear that if this is the case for you... I do like to think that recovery is always possible mentally or physically but I suppose people endure life's challenges and tragedies differently... not one better than the other, simply different...

... and you are certainly not a "bitch" for saying that; its a raw and real statement

13. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

Thank you. Normally, the person goes on a tangent about how life has always been so hard for them, but they managed to get better. So, they assume everyone else is the same. And it just becomes a thing, that I don't want to deal with, because I'm too tired to.

14. Banned Drama Queen

Banned Drama Queen Idiot

No way... I am extremely empathic and I know everyone's journey is different... I just personally do believe there is always that potential for redemption and recovery... I'm a very forgiving person (sometimes too forgiving maybe) and I believe in the strength of the mind and perseverance and even miracles... but again that's one man's philosophy... I'm glad you seem to be a strong-willed, free thinker and those are great traits in my opinion

1 person likes this.
  15. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

but I gather you are still more or less young, you have a lot of life still to live, the end hasn't been written yet, so grab the bull by the horns and your pen and right the ending you desire.

16. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

No. Really... I'm a 60 year old woman. Life is done for me.

17. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

huh,? find that hard to believe, and life is all a matter of perspective

18. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

every day that you wake up is a better day

doesnt really matter what yesterday was because its gone

doesnt matter what tomorrow will be either because it doesnt exist yet

just today matters

1 person likes this.
  19. Banned Drama Queen

Banned Drama Queen Idiot

My mom is in your age range... lots of life left... she does Zumba, goes kayaking, plays the guitar and violin... much more... don't let age hold you back... I'm not trying to be preachy so I hope that's not the vibe I give but there's a whole world out there still... do you have any hobbies or things that make you feel good while you're doing them? Exercise does release natural feel good endorphins that boost your mood naturally... walk, jog, yoga is excellent... many other things to do that may be more enjoyable for you personally

20. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

DUDE!!!
    it just clicked in my feeble mind, you a WEEDS fan?