The One That Got Away

Discussion in 'True Love' started by tumbling.dice, Jul 16, 2017.

1. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

Okay. Fine. You got me there.

You should post your one that got away. We all want to know who she is.

2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I don't really have one. I do have someone I loved a great deal, we were perfect for each other and then life happened and then we werent perfect for each other anymore. For many years I thought maybe I imagined that heady, crazy head over heels in love feeling or imagined his reciprocation of it anyways but I found some letters he wrote me the other day and realized he definitely felt it too, for a while.

I threw away the letters, no use holding on to that stuff. I didnt even know I still had them

He was supposed to get away though, I bumped into him a few months ago and he didn't look like someone I would go for these days. Crazy how we were both so compatible for a brief time then both started changing and evolving as people at the same time, but changed in opposite directions

1 person likes this.
  3. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Was this a guy who was in the military? I vaguely recall your having a thing for a guy who was in the military...and I think that had something to do with why you didn't connect

4. newbie-one

100% this

Knowing the way you feel about her, what a fool you would be not to try to find her

1 person likes this.
  5. newbie-one

Stop being such a pussy

1 person likes this.
  6. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

its complicated

by the fact i'm a pussy ;)

2 people like this.
  7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Good memory newbs. Yeah he was in the army reserves so lived a normal civilian life when we started seeing each other. Then he was deployed to Iraq and I fell into a deep depression while he was gone. I was dealing with depression and he was dealing with PTSD when he got back to the states and it was just kind of a shitty situation all around

8. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

stalker type memory

2 people like this.
  9. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yep. I have been stalked by 53/31/ -10 days after I joined here...how many user names and personas does this person have?

Maybe you should live through what I have with this bitch and see how far your patience lasts.

i mean they already said that they ate Ace.

10. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i really don't have one of the type that the thread is about. like i said, they've all gotten away, which is why i'm still single. but there's not a certain one who stands out above the rest.

11. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

This is funny, but I'm not making fun of newbie-one. Just saying.

12. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

Well, I hope one day when you find the one, you also get to capture... I mean keep her.

13. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

What are you talking about?

I thought the above comment was a joke about newbie-one, because he remembered something Meliai said years ago.

If you have really been stalked, that sucks. I have been stalked before too. It was by someone online when I was a teenager. Actually, I shared the story on here already. Someone from school or maybe a forum I was going to decided it would be funny to post all my personal information an another forum for pregnant teens looking for sugar daddies. I never found out who did that, but one day a man in his late 40s decided to IM me on Yahoo. And because I was a lonely teenager, I decided to start talking to him. But, he got more and more possessive, controlling, etc... to the point he came to my house, followed me to school, etc. So, I know how it feels.

However, I feel like people nowadays throw around the word, "stalked". You can't even look at someone's facebook photos without being accused of being a stalker. If you send two texts one after another, you're a fucking stalker.

Not that I think you're doing this now. I'm just saying that I can see both ends.

I also am well aware that it's horrible talking about stalking in such a thread. In the beginning of this thread... it was all sweet and tender, now it's like... okay, there is probably a reason why they got away, lol.

14. Moonglow181

Is she the girl you told us all here on the forum was your new girlfriend some months ago?

As far as the thread title goes......"the one who got away..."

I cannot say that really applies to me, as I never tried to entrap anyone, where they had to get away.....People are free to come and go as the please....is my motto. I never wanted anyone with me that did not want to be with me.
    Things in my life have not worked out for one reason or another....and I think now that is because they were not supposed to work out.....

15. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

The term "the one that got away" does sound a little entrapping. I guess that's why stalking got involved in the conversation. And I'm sure in some situations... that does happen. But, I think when most people use the term... it means someone they loved and probably still love... like never before, but that they didn't end up with for whatever reason.

16. Moonglow181

I would say there is no one I still love from my past in the sense that I would want to be with them again....I don't mean that I don't love anyone as a human being, though.

17. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

"The one that got away" didn't show up in real life in the first place... So.... Yeah.

18. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

How true the song, You don't what you got till it's gone.

19. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

Cinderella, Sang the song I referred to above.

But poison sang, Every rose has it's thorn.

20. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I have a stalker too, but not newbie. Newbie is a kind soul

1 person likes this.
  21. newbie-one

I got mad stalker skills. You bitches better hope I never go over to the dark side

1 person likes this.
  22. iamjustme

iamjustme Wishful thinker HipForums Supporter

I was 19 years old (decades ago)...I was in the hospital for, of all things, pancreatitis.
    One of the nurses was a girl I went to school with, pretty, but we didn't really know each other. My high school graduating class was over 600 students.
    Anyway, she kept coming into the room to talk to me. I was in the hospital for 6 days...she even came in on her days off. The night before I left she came in my room well after dark...like 10pm or so. She stayed there and talked for several hours. My God she was the nicest girl, very pretty...we got a long great. And this girl was seeing me at my worst....I looked like hell. That night she dressed up with a ribbon in her hair and a pretty dress even.
    But alas, I was young and stupid. I was dating a girl half as nice as her, but was having regular sex so like an average 19 year old boy - I thought with my dick.
    It has been over 30 years now, and to this day I think of this girl....and wonder....what if.

To emphasis, I married the wrong person. I knew it 4-5 years after we married, but by then we had 2 kids. I decided to stay until the kids were grown. I spent 17 plus years putting up with a LOT. I will never get those years back. I divorced her after the youngest went to college.
    I have since met a great woman. We have been together for over a year no, and still just as great as the first day. I guess I very much know how to appreciate it now.
    But what if.