Are You Still "barefoot" Or Did You Get Past That ?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by TheGreatShoeScam, Jul 16, 2017.

1. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Barefoot to me no longer feels like a missing something condition. Before I just decided shoes are bullshit and learned how to navigate the world "off carpet" with out accessory the equipment know as shoes if I was barefoot I knew it. I guess the best way to describe it is that awareness of the missing something condition or the constant awareness of my feet are bare. I don't spend any time thinking I am bare handed either.

This should make sense, I think it does but that's not always guarantee.

3 people like this.
  2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

This Coming August I Will Have Been A Full Time Barefooter For 11 Years.....[​IMG] ..........No I Didn't

Get Past That......[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

4 people like this.
  3. Banned Drama Queen

Banned Drama Queen Idiot

I wear work boots to work but the second I'm done I take them off in the car and drive barefoot... I love driving barefoot... around the house I never wear shoes but I wouldn't call myself a full timer "barefooter "

1 person likes this.
  4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yes, i am currently barefoot.

it has never felt like anything was missing.

5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

My feet are just fine inside my work boots.

6. SoftSoles

SoftSoles Member

When not wearing shoes or trainers, I do consider myself to be barefoot. As such, I guess it's a term that I haven't overcome as yet.

7. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

I continue to be "barefoot". I don't see why I should give up the use of a perfectly good adjective, that so well describes my state of being.

1 person likes this.
  8. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

you bet. thirteen+ yrs and still going bare

9. mattygroves

mattygroves Members

The only times I'm really aware of being 'barefoot' is if I'm a long way from home without any shoes, such as a couple of weeks ago at the seaside (70+ miles away) or going to Nottingham etc.

If I'm just doing local things like shopping, walking, fueling the car etc, I don't give it a second thought, though this week I went for a haircut barefoot for the first time. I usually wear flip flops to go there so I was definitely aware of my barefeet while sat waiting. The female hairdresser (who was wearing flip flops and an anklet) thought it was cool.

I've always gone barefoot a lot of the time ever since I was a child, my mum and sister too, (though my dad and brother never did), so it feels normal. I've never worn anything on my feet when at home, i can't understand people who wear socks or even shoes indoors.

10. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

well in the winter, socks keep your toes from freezing.

11. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

We Had A -6c.....Heavy Frost Overnight.....And I Was Standing On The Veranda For About

5 Minutes Feeding The Wild Birds......When I Tried to Move I Realised My Feet Were

Stuck To The Slate Tiles......

Can't Remember That Ever Happening Before...... :D

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.