Why Do You Think A Lack Of Meat Upsets People So Much?

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by unfocusedanakin, Jul 15, 2017.

1. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

I'm with you about hunting for sport, but not hunting for sustenance.
    I promise, if you were put in the position of starving or taking the life of another living creature, you would choose the latter.
    and my point isn't about the inhuman farming techniques or glory hunting, it is with the naive idea that humans are not carnivorous, that is just plain silly and naive.
    We can choose to not be carnivores, but nature has dictated us to be so, and in that I feel no remorse of\r guilt over eating a fine steak or chicken sandwich.

If I were faced with having to kill another living creature it would be upsetting and I would probably cry like a baby, BUT I also realize that nature has dictated it to be thus and the animal, even though of the same essence as I, would be fulfilling it's purpose by providing sustenance to me just as I would if I were eaten by an animal.
    that is simply how the system works, regardless of your or my sentiments concerning it.

2. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

hmm, difference is I linked actual scientific research and articles, you linked opinion.
    NOT AT ALL THE SAME.
    go educate yourself concerning what constitutes scientific research.

maybe if you actually read the REAL scientific research, you would realize it refutes almost every point your opinion piece brings up.

3. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

Well, that's your opinion, and that's great... to each their ownl. :)

4. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I don't think I can show you something you accept as science. Or that you see my point.

5. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

I give up, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't force them to risk their opinion in the face of fact.

6. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

sure you can,just provide peer reviewed research, published in an accepted journal, etc.,etc.,etc..
    some blog/page on the internet just doesn't quite meet the criteria.
    you do understand what all that means don't you?

7. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I feel no guilt eating eggs.....and lots of other foods that are not meats to get the protein I need, most times.
    Some people love their meat, and as i said......I do not feel better than you for that.......I will respect that that is who you are,. I just want respect for who I am....
    Why do things always have to turn into bad feeling ugly arguments.....all of the time over this? Don't be mad at me because you love to eat meat......and don't be mad at me because most times i choose not to.....we are in the vegetarian forum .....if you think vegetarians have stupid thoughts and feelings....why come here to jump on people that do feel differently than you?

8. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

Personally, I don't think he/she is being insulting. They're putting out there what they think about this topic. You have find your own facts. That really are opinions at the end of the day because anything can be proven or disproven. And put out there what you think.

I have a soft spot for people who argue for underaged sexual relations. That's my tender spot. This issue, I don't give a shit about it. So, if someone wants to come at me with all this bullshit that seems to bothers you, I would be like... okay, whatever. But, for someone like you... you need to fight. Either that, or stop caring.

1 person likes this.
  9. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

Well, the "go educate yourself" comment was a little rude. But, you know how heated debates go. Sometimes people resort to insult.

1 person likes this.
  10. unfocusedanakin

I do but I have no time for rude people. As I said you will not accept facts. So rather than have a pissing contest where we could honestly both produce links I will just smoke a bowl and be done with it.

1 person likes this.
  11. unfocusedanakin

Very true.

12. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

what is rude about pointing out when a person is misinformed and that there is accurate information available?
    if a person takes it as insult, that's not on me.
    this is just how i communicate.

go read the articles I linked and come back and tell me there isn't further education available there not considered or denied in this thread?

13. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

if you can provide legit scientific research to refute my position, I will consider it and acquiesce if I find I am wrong.
    All I ask is the same of you.

14. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

but you haven't provided any as of yet, only opinion pieces. When you provide actual facts supported by research, I am more than happy to reconsider my position.

15. unfocusedanakin

If Marty Mcfly taught me anything it's that people will call you chicken.

16. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

I don't think they're "butthurt" (I don't like that term, by the way) by people who eat meat. I think they just don't like when people who eat meat come at them.

17. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

then shut me the fuck up with actual research and scientific facts to support your position.......
    it really is that easy

18. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

I did not know you were vegetarian. My gosh, the things I learn about you.

I did once tell someone that I would love to be a full on vegan, but like you said... I gave a reason... excuse for not being able to. And that person gave me such a look. OMGosh, I felt like they burn me with their eyes. They were vegan, so that's why they gave me that look. I did a few years later try veganism, and I went down to 80 something. Which isn't too small for me, considering I am short. But, after that I got really sick. So, I went back to being a vegetarian. I might try veganism again in the future. I mostly eat vegan, anyways.

19. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Looking into this, I'm going with the first few things that came up but it appears NoxiousGas is correct.

Peer Reviewed Abstract

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18763477

Scientific Article

https://www.livescience.com/24875-meat-human-brain.html

1 person likes this.
  20. unfocusedanakin

You are a good guy Noxious. Pretty smart in other areas some of which we seem to agree on. Enjoy a nice slab of beef. You are probably hungry after all that typing.