My Body Can't Handle It?

Discussion in 'Paranoid?' started by Mokah, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Mokah

Mokah Members

So I've never found answers for this and really want to understand as I feel like I'm missing out if my body really can't handle it.

I have tried three different drugs - four if you include alcohol. I have, apart from MDMA, had both life endangering experiences and really good experiences on all of the drugs I've had.

After drinking way too much four weeks ago and having yet another life endangering night I decided I was going to stop taking any and all drugs - although I still strongly
    want to try psychedelics. This decision went down the drain two nights ago.
    There is a place near where I live where people group together and do legal psychedelics every few months but the operator of the events told me it could be not pleasant for me if I am used to bad trips.

My reason for desiring all these experiences is because of my philosophy and psychology background. I am fascinated by the effects on the brain and I wanted to have first hand understanding of as much as possible.

I have been diagnosed and treated for a mental disorder before and that may be a strong factor - the drugs could be pulling out the emotion that I am talented at suppressing in typical daily life.

[SIZE=12.8px]I can go into detail about the stuff that has occurred while on the drugs if anyone is willing to offer explanations for what's been happening. [/SIZE]

2. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

If you are not in a good state of mine it's easy to have "bad trips". It's also true that if you already have some psychological issues that psychedelics will exacerbate them. People who are against them like to twist that into saying everyone will have issues if you use these drugs but the truth is that's very rare and they actuly are helpful to most people.

What bad experiences have you had?

1 person likes this.
  3. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

Not worth IMO....as much as many drugs can be great fun & 'sort of safe' if used in moderation....people will pre-existing mental issues + hard drugs is really not a good mix.

2 people like this.
  4. Mokah

Mokah Members

You will read this and think that 99% of the time I'm being impulsive and idiotic and I do agree with you there.

Paranoia from Weed that no one in the circle knew what was laced with it - which I'm aware isn't uncommon. I was getting the train home and everything was pulsing and shifting as though on psychedelics (only what I know from hypnosis and word of mouth). I felt really sick and not in control of myself. I even went up to strangers, and burdened them by asking them to help make sure I got off at my station. They were lovely people though.
    I later couldn't sleep because I thought if I closed my eyes I'd die.
    Naive thinking but before recently I'd been not too great at calming my thoughts while influenced.

(Love weed though, it's fine now)

Nitrous Oxide - I hallucinated and passed out, in a very fascinating way. I told myself I was ready to die and then passed out and my friend's boyfriend was giving me mouth to mouth when i woke up. That was the sixth balloon that night.

The next time I had it I was feeling very low and was not thinking. I had it in one breath because I wanted the intense effects. Instead I passed out after knocking my head against a wall while falling. I cried for an hour after that because for ten minutes (my friend counted) I had been able to hear everyone around me but not move my body or speak - and I have claustrophobia.

The alcohol experience was just me being stupid and overdrinking while washing down every whiskey shot with some beer.

For MDMA I accidentally took it, I didn't understand the dosage either. Dissolved crystals in my mouth. I had nervous spasms and nausea for two hours (nausea is common apparently) I had a really nice 'afterglow' experience from it though.
    A week later I woke up during the night because I felt the same effects of when I was leading up to the high. As if having a weird psychosomatic response to a dream or something.

5. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

how old are you mokah?

6. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

Personally, if you're having bad trips... I would stay away from the drugs. I know that's not what you want to hear. And I'm not trying to be a bitch. I feel like when someone like you comes on a forum like this, stating that's they had bad trips... hardcore drug users would be all over you... telling you that you're one of them that can "handle it". As if taking drugs really makes you a better person. Come on. But, they do have a point. If whenever you're on drugs you're endeangering your life... that's not good.

I've taken xanax, adderall, weed, alcohol, and some other pill that I don't know the name of. So, I'm not a hardcore drug user, BY ANY MEANS. In other words, my trips, if you can call them that... have always been good. And I suffer from mental issues too, as well as I take actual prescription drugs. So, I don't know what it is with this. I don't know why recreational drug use is okay with some people, but not others.

I do believe though, that if you have really patient friends... maybe you can have a good trip, but they have be there to guide you through it, and keep you safe.

1 person likes this.
  7. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

You can have an eventful life, and know a lot about the brain without having to take drugs. But, like I said if you're going to try again, make sure your friends are they're to guide and keep you safe. I wouldn't have allowed you to go home on the train, by yourself. I would have forced you to vomit, probably. And then crash at my place.

1 person likes this.
  8. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I'd recommend to quit nitrous. I understand it's allure as it's easily accessible and all but unless you are an advanced psychonaut (chemical explorer of mind) using it in particular drug combinations, it's not really worthwhile.

I don't think alcohol should have any bearing on your psychedelic drug use.

Perhaps it depends where you live but Pot being laced is not all that common. Having your MDMA laced is a much greater possibility and it probably would be worthwhile to invest in a scale if you continue to explore that and depending on how well you trust your sources, perhaps a testing kit.

Aside from Pot, Classical Psychedelics such as LSD and Magic Mushrooms are physically safer than the other drugs you have mentioned, however they can (Magic Mushrooms in particular) elicit nausea like MDMA as well. Psychedelics can prompt psychosomatic responses based on your mental state, that's one of the reasons people stress to have a good (mind)set and setting when taking them.

In regards to if you should try and explore more Psychedelics, I say if you have any psychotic disorders, I wouldn't recommend taking more drugs. Some other disorders, they could potentially be even beneficial for but I'd recommend to research thoroughly which ever substance you plan on taking and make sure you have a good set and setting rather than taking them on a whim.

3 people like this.
  9. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

i agree on the laced weed...its a myth...

i'll buy that laced weed all day long...cant find it because it doesn't fucking exist....if you thought you smoked laced weed you should stop all drugs and go see a fuckin shrink

10. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

If a drug is laced that means you are getting something for free. A dealer is not going to add anything without charging you. That's an old DARE myth saying every drug is 2 other drugs as well. Some things are cut like coke but not with anything you want.

11. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

Actually, if you have the time and energy... let us know how it goes. I'm actually curious to find out if someone who has had bad trips can learn to have good ones.

Best of luck.