Presidential Behaviour

Discussion in 'Politics' started by WillButler, Jul 14, 2017.

1. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

first, and I have said this NUMEROUS TIMES, please do not do me the disservice of tossing me into some political pigeon hole so you can make assumptions concerning my intentions in what I communicate.
    As I noted, I am very seldom vague around here, but I have NEVER revealed or declared any type of political affiliations in the 9+ years I have been participating in this forum.If someone thinks otherwise, please do quote where I did
    PB_Smith didn't, HermaDaVermin didn't and neither has NoxiousGas.
    quite frankly I am about as apolitical as they come and only make political comment based on the individual, the individual policies and or their actions, regardless of political affiliation, religious beliefs, status, stature or whatever other fucking labels are affixed to their lapels.
    I truly am not a respecter of person's, at least not based on their affiliations, wealth or any other superficial metric.
    If a person or group wants my respect, they have to earn it, I never just give respect "because".

In the above post I clearly said "it has nothing to do with politics", but apparently some folks do not posses the capacity to consider topics, events, people for their own merit outside of any "boxes" of assumption.
    I am very adept at compartmentalizing things and consider such things in very a specific and precise manner, while still maintaining a grasp of how it fits into the gestalt.

I do understand how it is much easier to toss folks into assumed categories, but IMO it is the tactic of shallow and narrow minded consideration.

again, I challenge anyone to quote me across the profiles named where I declared any affiliation to any particular group, except of course for stoners and psychedelic users.. ;)

2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

But republicans do the same thing to liberals. I can't tell you how many times i've heard conservatives say liberals are ruining this country for whatever reason ..abortion, drugs, gays..whatever.

I live in republican country, like deep in republican country. I hear it all the time. Trust me, right wingers are just as nasty to left wingers and they'll feel a backlash too in the next election.

It is a bit one sided and myopic to say that only Republicans deal with this. This country is entirely too partisan to the point where I actually fear it a bit, united we stand and divided we fall and all that.

Anyways - like I said, Trump voters voted for him for the wrong reasons and I guess they thought they would show us libtards but they're going to have to deal with the consequences of their support for him too. Hope they enjoyed cutting off their nose to spite their elbow!

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Except the heroism is a bit disappointing in reality (only the blind liberal haters will never admit it) and half of the republican party and their voters (if not more) don't identify with him :p

4. Asmodean

To be fair, Nox. The way I read this reaction:

She's not throwing you in some group here. It's not about you, but about what you say and that this exact rhetoric was spouted too much by a lot of liberals/'lefties' (regardless if you are one or not) and caused Trump too win the presidency.

5. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Oh no, believe me, I know. Both sides do this and neither is above it. I was merely pointing out that some people voted for Trump out of spite. He won the night Hilary Clinton called his supporters "deplorable." And I agree, they did vote for him for all the wrong reasons (though, is there a right reason to vote for this man?) and one of those reasons was this feeling, real or imagined, of being marginalized and bullied by what they perceived to be some liberal threat. And comments like the one Nox (whom I did not pigeon hole politically) left are part of the problem. It perpetuates that division.

1 person likes this.
  6. Noserider

Yeah, when you have people like Ron Paul supporting Jill Stein, you know the Republicans chose the wrong candidate. But real Republicanism is dead, replaced by this terrifying alt-right Neo-con...I don't know what. Cult mentality, for lack of better term.

1 person likes this.
  7. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Just jumping in here.
    We are forgetting that people also rejected the Republicans in favor of Trump.

I disagree with the Clinton deplorable thing...the only reason he won was over confidence by the Democrats. If they had turned out the vote in key states Trump would have lost.

8. Noserider

Certainly, but on my travels across the internet, I've come across people who were on the fence, not convinced by Clinton and not yet wooed by Trump, made their decision based on that comment. Very few of the people I've spoken to--and this, sadly, includes people I know--who voted for Trump mentioned anything about his policies, his shortcomings or even Republicanism in general. It was simply about sticking it to Clinton, a big middle finger to the country and the world. And now we all have to live with the fuck you.

9. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

and is why I do not refer to his supporters by any political nomenclature, but rather as "Trumpites" because I know that they came from all across the political spectrum.

my comments are not Left, Right, Center, Blue, Red, Indigo or whatever, simply my opinion based on what I have seen and heard, both here, elsewhere online and in person.

again, do not assume that my motivations for making a comment are the same as another person's, which is more or less what you did by mentioning "Leftist" attitudes relative to my comments.
    I promise you, somewhere in your mind as you read my post, you affixed a political label/affiliation to me.

I admit to my ignorance on the particulars when it comes to party politics, as I said, I am very apolitical and find the whole fuckin mess known as politics as an amusing extrapolation of religious differences/affiliations, but that's a whole other can of worms. I am just commenting on the man Trump and those who voted for him.

I like you, neoprene, haven't heard many other reasons stated for voting for him other than the ones I cited, most often "he isn't Hillary or Obama".
    and regardless of how "left" what I said may appear, is it an incorrect assessment?

1 person likes this.
  10. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Really? That one comment? I would think that one statement by Clinton, which if I remember correctly, she apologized for or modified, is far less offensive than many many of the comments Trump made throughout the campaign. Why did she get so much backlash, when Trump essentially made similar comments on a weekly basis?

3 people like this.
  11. Noserider

I guess they saw a "yooge" difference between verbally attacking political opponents, talk show hosts, the current administration, etc and verbally attacking the American public.

While I thought Clinton's choice of words were a tad harsh, I'm not sure I disagree with her.

12. Noserider

Nox,

I think we got off on the wrong foot. I wasn't attacking you personally, nor was I trying to catalogue you politically. I was simply trying to point out that the venom spewed toward Trump supporters helped him become the folk hero his supporters see him as. He became a savior in their eyes, and they turned out to back him en masse while Democrats stayed home.

I'm sorry you took offense, I certainly didn't mean it that way, but I can see how you would take that way. That was my fault. Sorry.

[​IMG] ??

2 people like this.
  13. Asmodean

Love seeing a sensible republican (and not saying that because of the apology to Nox ;) :p, but your posts in general). They're so rare on here.

2 people like this.
  14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Truth. I'm a fan of neoprene

1 person likes this.
  15. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Lena Dunham said she'd never sleep with any Trump supporters. So I became a trump supporter to spare any possibility of waking up next to her one morning

16. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

I'm getting to like her.

17. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Same! Well spoken, intelligent, and contributes quality content on a range of subjects. Stick around Neoprene!

1 person likes this.
  18. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

I am a fan of Trudeau. I think he is one of the most popular world leaders at the moment.

However I do hope his father's naive wish ( when President Nixon visited their family), that he would like Trudeau as a future prime minister to have "the grace and skill of the president ", won't come true.

19. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Not offended at all..
    and in agreement with others concerning your contributions.
    I just don't care to be categorized as this or that when in truth I'm nothing....LOL

there are folks around here that can only think in nice, tidy little boxes, and I like to rattle them out of their fallacious assumptions at times.
    just consider you got a little rattling from the gas man.

20. Noserider

Thanks everyone. I'm starting to feel like I'm part of the community. Thanks for being so warm and welcoming!