How Do You Heal Scar Tissue?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by tommeem1, Jul 11, 2017.

1. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

So, about a year ago I got a really nasty mosquito bite on my finger. Since then I've had a scar. I've been trying natural methods, but nothing has worked so far. I even went to my doctor about it. And she said that there isn't anything that can be done, that you just get spots like that as you age. Well, she said there is surgery, but it would be invasive, so it won't be worth the hassle.

Anyways, have you guys tried anything that heals scar tissue?

Here is a picture of my finger. It's not really bad, but it's annoying to look at. That's why I want to remove it.
    http://oi65.tinypic.com/xkw080.jpg

2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

When I was a kid I busted my chin open and stitched back together and the doctor told me to use mederma. Its available otc at any drug store.

I honestly dont know if it worked, I still have a visible scar but maybe it would have been worse without it?

Vitamin c serum made the freckles on my face disappear but I dunno if it would have the same effect on a scar

3. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I have heard great things about this product called "bio oil". Ch-ch-check it out. I know a few people who have had great results, but you might need to use it as the injury is healing, not afterwards?

4. SaltyDawg

SaltyDawg Members

I just consider things like that as battle scars on the journey through life.
    They also serve as mental touchstones as one look at them at any point in your life will bring you right back to the moment that you got it.

scratcho likes this.
  5. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

Nice gesture and all, but it looks like a fucking pimple. And you know how people say hands show your age. Apparently, I'm like 60 now.

That picture, damn... i didn't realize how poreful my hands are. LOOK AT THEM! LOOK AT THEM!

6. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

I know how to make a homemade vitamin c serum, so I'll try that first. Because if I can make it... I rather do that instead of buy it. That's why it really bugs me that I can't get rid of this spot because most of the time homemade skincare, or just not doing anything... does the trick. I've already tried a few different essential oils, castor oil. I even put clay on it. Nothing has worked. I wish I still had my PMD. I would use that on the spot.

Anyways, do the vitamin C serum first. If it doesn't work. Buy one. I think the one from 100% pure would be good. And I think I can get it as perk. If that doens't work, then mederma. And then bio-oil.

People have told me on here that whenever I make a thread in which I'm asking for assistance, that I don't take the advice that is given like a good little girl that I should be, But, you guys don't know that I write this shit down. Okay, I don't write it down because i don't like wasting paper. But, I do copy and paste. And I do, do most the things that are given to me as advice.

All in all, thank you. You have always been helpful, and so as youfreeme.

I've heard of that. it used to be the "it" thing for skincare on Youtube a few years back.

Thanks for the feedback.

7. ahsorandy

ahsorandy Members

Try vitamin E body lotion. Put it on twice a day.

You might want to also try toothpaste. Yes, toothpaste.

8. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Yes bio oil is very good. I used it to heal scars from when I cut myself badly. (Self-harm suicide attempts. Lol.)

9. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

Really? Bio oil helped with that?

I cut myself, and I have some pretty deep set scars from it. Granted, I cut with a razor. If you cut yourself with anything else, like a knife... it doesn't seem to leave as much of a scar. You just look at a razor and end up with a cut.

10. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

Toothpaste?

Actually, it makes sense. I've heard of some people using toothpaste on their face as a whitening exfoliant. It's gross sounding, but considering the spot is small... I'll try it.

11. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

They were incisions. I had to have them stitched up. The Bio oil did help. It's good stuff.

12. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

Thanks everyone for the assistance. :)

13. Candybuttons

Candybuttons Sweet Member

You could try clear liquid iodine and or derma rolling which breaks up scars by puncturing needle size holes in the skin.

14. SaltyDawg

SaltyDawg Members

If you have an Aloe Vera plant, cut off a slice of the leaf and put the juice that is in it on the cut.
    Google "healing properties of Aloe Vera"