Room & Raw

Discussion in 'Movies' started by tommeem1, Jul 11, 2017.

1. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

I've been binge watching movies everyday after work, and sometimes before, because I'm a badass (nope, not even close). And I have a few things to say about, 'Room'

First of all, it was by far the best movie I have watched during my movie binging, and probably in my whole life. I really did like 'Taken', the first one, and 'Cruel Intentions', but whatever... that's something else. This movie was just so awesome.

It's about a mom (age 24) and her five year old boy who have been held captive in a place they call 'Room', since the mom was kidnapped at age 17. Obviously, the boy came later and the "father" is the kidnapper. Some of the events are in 'Room', but a lot of them were after they were found.

With movies like this, I don't expect much, because it's the same old. Tragedy strikes to someone completely innocent, they have like one scene where the character that had the tragedy is struggling or the people around that character are struggling because of them, and then they're fine all of a sudden. So fine that they are the wisest person you will ever meet. In a movie, at least. Where did all this epic fortune cookie wisdom come from? Tragedy, I guess.

This movie wasn't like that, though. The mom neglected the boy sometimes because she was so depressed due to being kidnapped, held captive, and abused for like seven years. She even attempted suicide. But, she always kept him safe and loved him like any mom would. The kid wasn't always well behaved, but he was always a bright kid, probably the wisest character. The parents got upset with the daughter, even though she has been through so much already. The dad rejected the boy, because he was selfishly thinking about his own emotions. There was even a scene where you saw a bit of armpit hair and acne on the girl. That's what I always think about whenever I see a movie with a person that has been held captive for a long time. I know it's silly. But, come on... people will have some acne and hair. The characters didn't constantly have something wise to say. The way in which they escaped wasn't even a nifty escape plan, like it's done in some other movies. It was a good plan, but I think you know what I mean by a 'movie escape plan'. It wasn't that kind of espcae plan, but it still worked.

I really liked this movie. And I cried during many scenes.

-----

Now, onto a movie I didn't like. I DID NOT like 'Raw'.

This movie has no substance to it. And it's not because I didn't really understand it, it was too gross, it's too taboo, etc. Fuck all of that. I did understand it. It wasn't gross. I was fucking eating while watching it. And even if the subject matter is taboo in real life, it's a fucking movie. Not that cannibalism is a taboo subject for me in real life, but I know it can be for some people. However, that shouldn't matter too much because this is just a film. As long as you don't allow a child to watch it, you're good. It won't promote you to do anything.

Point is, this movie sucked. But, I did like the actors, actresses. They were sexy as hell. So, if this movie wanted to romance, sexualized cannibalism, they did a good job with that. At least with me. Adrian was fucking hot as all hot hell. Like he is beautiful man. And to be honest, Justine was pretty sexy too, when she was all tearing into flesh and stuff. She is a cutie. All skin and bones, so tiny and small, but she can eat you in a second. I'm not going to lie, I was a little turned on. I've give this movie that. They're good with the sex. But, this movie making sense... it's hard to find that with this film.

The only person I didn't like due to their character and actual acting ability is the older sister. I so did not like her that I didn't catch her name. She was such a bitch.

Anyways, this movie was terrible.

By the way, it's about cannibalism. But, it's the way the movie went about showcasing this subject matter that was terrible for me.

2. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Room's intense. I cried during pretty much the entire movie. It's a good movie, but not something you can watch over and over again and chillax.

3. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

A good cry is chillaxing afterwards.
    Just let it out.