Trump And The Nazis Are Winning, Soon It Really "did Not Happen"

Discussion in 'History' started by unfocusedanakin, Jul 7, 2017.

1. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Well, not to quibble, but it is a founding document, its just its status under rule of law doesn't count for much.

2. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

You right wing nut job you.

3. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

We aren't discussing the issue of separation church and state.

We are discussing why the left is so offensive to the right concerning in this particular part, religion.

If you don't wish to discuss religion then don't. Makes no difference to me.

4. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

Because internet debates have no rules.

5. Merry Christmas everyone. God bless us all.

6. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

How 'bout why the right is so offensive to the left? As a Christian, I'm not offended when somebody wishes me "Happy Holidays", but I am offended when Fox and people like you try to use my religion as a divisive wedge issue to gin up the political base. You've admitted you're not a Christian, so your concern about the matter seems to be about asserting the right of the historic religious majority to preserve a special position vis-a-vis religious minorities, which is neither Christian nor constitutional.

Now what about those Muslims who are getting special privileges while Christians aren't? And what about the topic, which is :Trump and the Nazis are winning: So It Really Didn't Happen". Or are you just trying to illustrate that point by changing the subject?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    Meliai likes this.
  7. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Merry Christmas.

8. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

But you keep trying to prove your point by saying ridiculous things like 'Christmas is considered offensive', and then after people tell you it's wrong, you don't support your claim, you just move onto something else. If your entire argument is based on claims you can't defend, it's a weak argument.

Asmodean likes this.
  9. quark

quark Parts Unknown

I consider Christmas offensive.

10. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Dude you need to focus on the fact that Trump got the backing of the religious right that the left didn't.

I could give a flying fuck what you think of religion or me. It's evident why you can't understand why the election was lost to Trump.

I have no doubt the right offends you. They often offend me. It's how we deal with it in the real world that measures our individual ability to succeed.

I'm sorry your miserable. But I do get why.

11. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Merry Christmas to you as well, good sir.

12. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

There are always lessons in history that we should learn from, but rarely do - one day the 'scars that will not heal' will open up to such an extent that the employment of any triage will be too late = "Lest we forget"

13. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

What a bunch of bull.
    Christmas isn't offensive to anyone I know. And I used to know a few Buddhists, and Jews.

I've never seen anyone admonished for saying Merry Christmas.

This country was not founded on Christianity.

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Then why have we moved on to "happy holidays"?

Christmas has never been offensive to Jews and Buddhists. But there is one minority that doesn't like it. Well two if you if include those no good whinging atheists. Drama queens.

15. MeAgain

Christianity was not the only religion in the colonies as there were also those of the Jewish persuasion since 1621.
    Also let's not forget the Native Americans particularly the Iroquois Confederation and the African and Caribbean religions.

16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

We haven't moved on to Happy Holidays though, everyone still says Merry Christmas?

17. MeAgain

Happy holidays is inclusive, not exclusive. It includes all groups while excluding none.

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I've seen chocolate, fizzy drink, lolly companies now take "Merry Christmas" or "happy Easter" off their branding to just "happy holidays" now. I've seen Easter bunnies that are now just "celebration bunnies". All to please Moslems in Europe because traditional Christian practices are offensive to Moslems.

19. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Well I know in the States its simply about being more inclusive of other religious holidays that time of year. But everyone everywhere are still well within their right to say merry Christmas. I know I do, and have never ever had anyone take issue with it.

Neither have most people. Buuuuuuut some of us here yankees like to invent problems where there arent any.

20. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

Recognizing that our society is multicultural is offensive because it means people think Christmas is offensive.