For Those Who Think Jesus Is God

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by thefutureawaits, Jul 7, 2017.

1. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Explain this scripture
    John 17:3

3 This means everlasting life,+ their coming to know you,* the only true God,+ and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.+

And 95 percent of Christians believe in the trinity. But why? The word trinity is not even in the bible!

2. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

A lot of the divinity attributed to Jesus came about centuries after his death. It's likely that was revolutionary about him was that his ideas were more eastern. This is why is was such a big deal when he said god is not such an asshole maybe be nice. It had been he norm in India for years not the middle east. So to the naive he must be god too if he makes such suggestions. Keep in mind the world he lived in was not very smart or forward thinking.

It's so easy to find biblical passages that suggest was a common man. For example implying he had sisters and brothers (makes sense there was no birth control and most people died early in life).

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

in 426 a.d., or there abouts, a big get together, the second of these, to determine which writings did and did not belong to be in the christian library that eventually became christianity's bible, essentially threw christ under the bus in favor of the views and perspectives of saul of tarsus, who self appointed himself the 'saint' paul, and claimed to have joined and promoted its teachings, even though, the writer of revalations had already been dead before he was born. it is there that the whole idea of a 'trinity' came from.

the man jesus, who became called the christ, may have channeled god or a god, though he was certainly born, however perhaps oddly, a mortal man.
    rejection of the idea of channalling is perhaps the source of a very great deal of nonsense attributable to this saul of tarsus,
    and this misinterpretation of one of the most commonly and adamantly misinterpreted lines in that entire, all to humanly written and 'inspired' book.

christianity is not my primary perspective so you may take mine with however large a grain of salt as you may wish.
    such none the less is what it is.

4. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Explain this scripture:

Quran 21:107
    "And we have not sent you, [O muhammad], except as a mercy to the worlds."

And yet 98% of Americans don't believe! I mean, it's written in a book and everything! What more proof do you need?!

5. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

You mock Gods words

Big difference between the Quran and the holy bible

6. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Well yes Jesus was a Common man it doesn't really speak much in the Bible about Jesus until he was baptized at age 29 it did speak of one time at the age of 12 years old he was actually preaching to the religious Jewish leaders

7. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

After Jesus was baptized a voice from heaven which was gods said this is my son delivered whom I have a proved. Many witnesses there that day after that Jesus began his ministry picked his apostles and begun to preach from door-to-door and city to city about the kingdom of God

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

And he was seated at the right hand of the Father. Hes not seated next to himself... But dont know why you need to rehash this so much.. Certainly not enough traffic here to make much a difference.. Have you tried spreading this message the old fashioned way. DOOR TO DOOR..

9. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

what is 'their'. Is that how Christians spell the contraction for 'they are' ???

I would say 95% of Christians or people in general don't understand the trinity and as you say - Bible doesn't mention it -

it's the sort of question you miht ask a nun. She would never give you a decent explanation but if you kept asking she would come and start whacking you with whatever implement was near to hand. spare the rod after all.

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Don't encourage him, I had a JW come by here on the 4th of July. So annoying

1 person likes this.
  11. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

You totally missed the point.

12. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

There really is not. And the sooner you accept that the happier you will be. Jesus is in the Quran have you even read it? Funny thing they also seem to think he was an influential figure just not THE savior.

13. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

This thread had so much potential

Should I say a prayer to my powerful God to have a jw visit you the rest of you life?

14. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

LOL, what a dick

15. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Thanks for the insult. I see you have nothing of real value to add.

16. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Jesus wasn't/isn't any different than a multitude of other religious personages
    EXCEPT
    for the resurrection, that is the only thing that set him apart from others as he himself acknowledged.."no sign shall be given except that of Jonah..."
    considering that JW's do not believe in the literal resurrection, you guys are as fucked as the rest of the sinner heathens...LOL
    trust me lorna, I know much more about this shit than you .

17. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Shows how much you know about Jesus. About 0 and you think he is God. Who are you trying to fool? Yourself?

And you try to explain Jws like you know something. That's the real lol

18. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

I do know something and much, much, much more than you on the entire topic......LOL
    but considering you probably only ever read/consider the JW perspective you are already WAAAAYYYYY behind the curve in understanding and comprehension regarding this stuff.

So tell me , what is the JW stance concerning the resurrection, the ONLY sign Jesus himself declared verified his claims about himself????

19. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Let's see what you got without copy and paste. Dazzle me with your brilliance

20. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

you aren't very bright, are you?

please do quote any and all posts I have made in this topic that are "copy and paste"....
    until then, shut the fuck up you trolling, proselytizing fake Christian believing a cult's lies.
    Fucking Christ's sake, I don't even have to crack open a Bible or google search any-fucking-thing to refute your idiotic beliefs.

again, you are well out of your league my boy, you should run home to mama.